Sugar Land, TX - Smart Financial Centre (Apr. 14, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Jack The Ripper / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / First Of The Gang To Die / Ganglord / Kiss Me A Lot / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Let Me Kiss You // Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provided by Abrahan.

• Morrissey Makes Good to Houston Fans On Good Friday by Abrahán Garza (5 photos by Marco Torres) - Houston Press
  • Morrissey Doesn't Disappoint At Houston Appearance by David Garrick (3 photos by Daniel Jackson) - Free Press Houston. Link from David.
  • Image posted by unloveable (original post):

39891_texas_tshirt.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. I just wonder if he still enjoys playing the songs (Sunday, mainly) sometimes, or if it's just fan service.

Well maybe a bit of both.
He is very aware of his fans but doesn't want to be seen as a greatest hitsact. Which he is isn't. How many of those songs were in fact greatest hits? They have never been massive.
To be on a stage somewhere, everywhere, and doing songs that he has been doing so long, I can imagine he wants to challenge his fanbase and make changes and the results for some are nice and funny but for others disappointing.
The expectations are sometimes too high cause those songs really mean a lot to the fans. But they do to him as well.
Cheers!

Thank you for your honest opinion.
At least it is based on some argumentation whether I agree or not.
There is truth in some of the things you say, absolutely, but I tend to move it aside and regard it as the unavoidable hassle when it concerns such a strange, great and difficult talent as he is. And I reckon he can be quite annoying.

It is all secondary to me.
The music, the output, the products, the life-shows do stand the test for me. I know there is a lot of critisism about the set lists but that has been the case in the past, in the present and it will be in the future cause apparently there are many people who loved a lot of different songs he did in the past.

At least you still have the music when you were really into it.
Maybe it is because he has done great things and more or less subconsciously we expect him to even beat those great moments.
Maybe the standards were driven higher and higher because of that. He is, after all, just a human being, with flaws, and errors, just like all of us.

I don't feel any need to make any holier than thou comments or sit on a high horse and judging your opinion.
And, about the joking, I know what you mean.
I have had my share, maybe I deserved it, who knows? I don't care either.
Cheers :thumb:

The set lists are another reason I don't see him play anymore I've seen him play how soon is now and every day is like Sunday and the same old tired setlist dozens of times over he will take out certain songs out of a tour but then reinsert them in the next one so it's like why bother, my actual last show that I went to see him was when he played at the palladium in Hollywood before they remodeled it, and I havent been back to see him play again, the wife asks if I want to see him and I tell her no not interested and she's asks if I'm sure and I tell her I rather spend the money on a nice dinner. Also the shows are watered down and so are his performances especially if you actually got to see him play in the 90s which I saw him on the maladjusted tour or even for the older fans in the 80s, so I saw him when he was still worth wild and it's not the same anymore or as magical as it once was, our estaban tour was really great and so was the 2002 get a record deal tour even quarry and ringleaders was great and then after then it went down hill.

Your right about the music it will last because it's great music but not his newer music, his newer music I straight up garbage. I guess that's what happens when your spoiled with greatness for so long.

The 'when you're on your own'...version of EDILS is just utterly wonderful.
Ironically, Tim Polecat calls every guitar Boz plays a 'banjo' and some of the best versions I've been lucky enough to see feature a banjo...
Happy Easter...
For anyone capable of enjoying anything...
Regards,
The human down vote,
FWD.

Yes, underwhelming contribution indeed.
FWD.

You misspelled Abrahan.

No, I didn't. That's the way it's supposed to be spelled. You thought you were clever, though, didn't you?

Trying to teach him a lesson that "things happen", like cancelations, misspellings and so on... Get over it.
tumblr_o56q5yfZLK1u3mr8ro1_500.gif

The 'when you're on your own'...version of EDILS is just utterly wonderful.
Ironically, Tim Polecat calls every guitar Boz plays a 'banjo' and some of the best versions I've been lucky enough to see feature a banjo...
Happy Easter...
For anyone capable of enjoying anything...
Regards,
The human down vote,
FWD.
The Banjo version of Sunday is my favorite. I remember seeing Boz strap on the banjo and being really confused at the time, but it just worked so well!

No, I didn't. That's the way it's supposed to be spelled. You thought you were clever, though, didn't you?

Trying to teach him a lesson that "things happen", like cancelations, misspellings and so on... Get over it.
tumblr_o56q5yfZLK1u3mr8ro1_500.gif

So when he spells his own name as Abrahan it's your assumption he misspelled it. You know better then him? You really think his ID or passport says Abraham? Why would he use Abrahan?
Try spelling Morissey and insist you are right, anounymouse.

So when he spells his own name as Abrahan it's your assumption he misspelled it. You know better then him? You really think his ID or passport says Abraham? Why would he use Abrahan?
Try spelling Morissey and insist you are right, anounymouse.

Oh dear god, you're easy.

N evah mind

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom