Sugar Land, TX - Smart Financial Centre (Apr. 14, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Jack The Ripper / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / First Of The Gang To Die / Ganglord / Kiss Me A Lot / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Let Me Kiss You // Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provided by Abrahan.

• Morrissey Makes Good to Houston Fans On Good Friday by Abrahán Garza (5 photos by Marco Torres) - Houston Press
  • Morrissey Doesn't Disappoint At Houston Appearance by David Garrick (3 photos by Daniel Jackson) - Free Press Houston. Link from David.
  • Image posted by unloveable (original post):

39891_texas_tshirt.jpg

Last edited:
I have forgiven jesus was not played. That was let me kiss you for the shirt toss. This set was great. Best set list of the three times ive seen him.

How Soon is Now?
Suedehead
Alma Matters
Speedway
Everyday is like Sunday
Istanbul
World Peace is None of Your Business
Jack the Ripper
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
THe Bullfighter Dies
There is a Light That Never Goes Out (introduced as "The Fetus Belongs to the Woman")
The First of the Gang to Die
Ganglod
Kiss Me A lot
You're the One for Me, Fatty
Shoplifters of the World, Unite and Take Over
When Last I Spoke to Carol
(shirt change)
I Have Forgiven Jesus
(shirt toss)
Judy is a Punk

Here's the preshow videos, which were same in Santa Ana and only a couple changed since last year:

4. Don't Make Me Over by Dionne Warwick (1963)

He always manages to pick songs where you think that he's talking to his audience

Don't make me over
Now that I'd do anything for you
Don't make me over
Now that you know how I adore you

Don't pick on the things I say,
the things I do
Just love me with all my faults,

that way that I love you
I'm begging you

Don't make me over
Now that I can't make it without you
Don't make me over
I wouldn't change one thing about you

Just take me inside your arms
and hold me tight
And always be by my side,
if I am wrong or right
I'm begging you

Don't make me over
Don't make me over
Now that you've got me at your command

Accept me for what I am
Accept me for the things that I do
Accept me for what I am
Accept me for the things that I do

This was also the first time I saw him where Meat is Murder was not played. I'm glad it didn't make the set.

Hallelujah it's a miracle he's made a miraculous recovery all within a few short days, I don't know about you people but this all seems fishy maybe his voice didn't go out like people thought it did. Seems fishy.

Hallelujah it's a miracle he's made a miraculous recovery all within a few short days, I don't know about you people but this all seems fishy maybe his voice didn't go out like people thought it did. Seems fishy.

I thought the exact same thing when the Houston show was canceled Oct 28, 2004 and he sounded GREAT in Los Angeles days later on Halloween.

"When I heard about the venue change I thought I was performing at a Smart & Final."

- Morrissey while at Smart Financial Centre

I was there and in Dallas now , left and drove straight and waiting for next show. When he spoke of the TSA, I could here a slight crack in his voice. I thought " oh, oh , but his voice sounded great when he sang. But you can definatly hear when he talks that he was having voice issues.

I thought the exact same thing when the Houston show was canceled Oct 28, 2004 and he sounded GREAT in Los Angeles days later on Halloween.

And what are you trying to say?

Are you aware of medications like steroids and albuterol?

You know, you're something else, man. M grants you an interview and you have the audacity to say something like this? I sure hope I misunderstood you and you're just extremely naive.

Please don't agree with hating morons like Morrissey-so-old.com, who is a complete loser and scumbag who has NO LIFE.

Ungrateful f***s. Morrissey shows up for a show and still cannot do anything right. f***ing morons, all of you.

I just wanted to say, i met some really nice moz fans at the show. And to the couple that was telling us about the SA afterparty and hangjng with Boz, yall rock and i hope the Dallas show is amazing! Amazing night, great set and wonderful show despite the venue set up. I actually ended up with a great seat...even though i would have preferred to be standing at the stage. I thought his voice sounded good, but i could tell he seemed to be taking it slightly easy compared to the last few times i saw him. I feel sorry for any cynical person who didnt attend or sold your tickets..big loss.

Thanks a lot for video, especially for streaming, and reviews. He looks fantastic and surely still good at singing (and at unsettling us).

Thanks Carrie for scoping the full show

HERE
Thanks for the video link.
The audience looked very well spaced out around the front of the stage, wonder if it was all about the way the venue allocated positions or a little undersold maybe? Perhaps the previous cancellations stopped some people travelling?
Voice seemed fine from the `scope clip.
One show left and then, hopefully, the long overdue rest and recording `fingers crossed` AGAIN!

Vocals are in fine form. Seems like a few days off did a lot of good. Jack the Ripper in the mist never gets old.

[QUthank you for that info.....very needed, I was wondering if I could get that for historical reasons,tooshey...
This was also the first time I saw him where Meat is Murder was not played. I'm glad it didn't make the set.
I agree burned out on graphic video ...I definitely agree
OTE="Similar2Sunday, post: 1986999665, member: 27590"]Here's the preshow videos, which were same in Santa Ana and only a couple changed since last year:
1. Loudmouth by The Ramones (1975 video)
2. I'm Black and I'm Proud by James Brown
3. Flesh by Andy Warhol
5. "How important is one's nationality to one's identity" - British comedian (??)
6. God Save the Queen by the Sex Pistols
7. Can't Trust It by Public Enemy
8. Wanting To Die by Anne Sexton (poem)
9. Arabesque No. 1 by Isao Tomita
10. Sponge pudding joke clip by British drag comedian (??)
11. L'Insoumis film clip (source for Queen is Dead cover image)
12. Where Have All The Flowers Gone by Marlene Dietrich
13. Looking for a Kiss by the New York Dolls
14. Lipsynka clip[/QUOTE]

The ganglord video was pretty graphic as well, but glad meat is murder is out

[QUthank you for that info.....very needed, I was wondering if I could get that for historical reasons,tooshey...

I agree burned out on graphic video ...I definitely agree
OTE="Similar2Sunday, post: 1986999665, member: 27590"]Here's the preshow videos, which were same in Santa Ana and only a couple changed since last year:
1. Loudmouth by The Ramones (1975 video)
2. I'm Black and I'm Proud by James Brown
3. Flesh by Andy Warhol
5. "How important is one's nationality to one's identity" - British comedian (??)
6. God Save the Queen by the Sex Pistols
7. Can't Trust It by Public Enemy
8. Wanting To Die by Anne Sexton (poem)
9. Arabesque No. 1 by Isao Tomita
10. Sponge pudding joke clip by British drag comedian (??)
11. L'Insoumis film clip (source for Queen is Dead cover image)
12. Where Have All The Flowers Gone by Marlene Dietrich
13. Looking for a Kiss by the New York Dolls
14. Lipsynka clip
[/QUOTE]

Great show,Alot of energy from moz..you could tell he wasn't 100% bc a little crackle at end of show and then at very end although JUDY IS A PUNK was terrific.

I was hoping for STAIRCASE & ONE OF OUR OWN, didn't get it. Very glad he did omite MEAT IS MURDER, wish he would of played songs from Strangways but didn't. Same ole Smith's songs. Over all very satisfied....

Highlight: Shoplifter changed to Trump shifter like previous, band members switching instruments during the middle of speedway very cool finished that song after switch in Hispanic language, Morrissey sang Hispanic during Everyday us like Sunday in some parts, of course Julie at show with the mike seemed a little staged but good, Morrissey exspained Tuscon incident, JACK THE RIPPER so much smoke couldn't see band great song though, the TEXAS Tour T-shirt totally super cool front has DONT MESS WITH MORRISSEY WITH STATE OUTLINE AND MORRISSEY SILOHETTE while back had all 3 dated city's very rad

The venue seemed large to me, and nicely filled. The floor was at capacity. They were policing the upgraded pit section and only allowing certain people to stand up front, so most of those in the pit had to stay in their assigned seats. Hence the noticeable space at the front.

Also, Moz went around and said something to everyone in the band before "Let Me Kiss You," so he may have made a game time decision to axe a song. The crew balled up all the setlists after the show. I don't think anyone got one, so I couldn't see if they skipped something on the list.

His voice was in fine form, but I thought he looked tired towards the end. Kinda surprised that he still shook a lot of hands, but then maybe he's on a lot of antibiotics anyways.

Superb show and kudos to the guy who got the shirt in one piece. He let me sniff it, which took me back to the tattered pieces that I have in my collection.

"Jack the Ripper" in the mist was a highlight for me, and I love the revised lyric in "Suedehead": "You had to sneak into my room just to smell the utter gloom."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom