Sugar Land, TX - Smart Financial Centre (Apr. 14, 2017) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour' started by davidt, Apr 15, 2017.

By davidt on Apr 15, 2017 at 4:30 AM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Premium

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Jack The Ripper / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / First Of The Gang To Die / Ganglord / Kiss Me A Lot / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Let Me Kiss You // Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provided by Abrahan.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour' started by davidt, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Thanks Carrie for scoping the full show

HERE
      • Like Like x 2
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Someone periscoped the whole show.

Great view on this one
      • Like Like x 2
    3. Jane Jackson
      Jane Jackson
      Well people...how was it? How was HE???
      • Like Like x 1
    4. lanterns
      • Like Like x 4
    5. Quando quando quando
      Quando quando quando
      His voice sounds fine! :)
      • Funny Funny x 1
    6. Anonymous
      • Like Like x 2
    7. Anonymous
    8. Anonymous
      • Like Like x 2
    9. Anonymous
    10. Anonymous
    11. Anonymous
    12. Abrahan
      Abrahan
      How Soon is Now?
      Suedehead
      Alma Matters
      Speedway
      Everyday is like Sunday
      Istanbul
      World Peace is None of Your Business
      Jack the Ripper
      Ouija Board, Ouija Board
      THe Bullfighter Dies
      There is a Light That Never Goes Out (introduced as "The Fetus Belongs to the Woman")
      The First of the Gang to Die
      Ganglod
      Kiss Me A lot
      You're the One for Me, Fatty
      Shoplifters of the World, Unite and Take Over
      When Last I Spoke to Carol
      (shirt change)
      Let Me Kiss You
      (shirt toss)
      Judy is a Punk
      • Like Like x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    13. mozmewoo
      mozmewoo
      So happy that you guys had the full show & Moz sounded good! :) I was at the Tucson show w/ hubby, and while disappointed the show was only a few songs, I was still glad to see him up close, lol. We saw him in Berlin a few months ago, as well.
      • Like Like x 2
    14. Similar2Sunday
      Similar2Sunday
      The venue had seating which put about a 6 foot gap open space aisle between the people who paid $75 for an upgrade and general admission seats. This meant that even though I was among the first 30 or so people in line 3.5 hours before doors and got in the front row of the non-upgrade section, we were still fairly far away. The venue was really nice to hand out roses to the first 40 or so lined up but we were all too far away to throw them on stage. But the crowd was lively and it was nice to have a seat and breathing room for a change.

A few odds and ends:
      When he said, "This song is called 'The Woman Owns the Fetus,' I was like "wow, a new song!!!!" but then they played There is a Light in which instead of singing the "There is a light there never goes out" part, he continued "the privilege is mine" into "is mine, mine, mine."

At one point he asked Julia (I'm guessing it could only have been her) "do you have any thing to say?" and handed her the mic. She said something like "one thing" and he said "I can guess, you're going to ask how I am?"

Random rant starting "In a few days I will be raped.... *long awkward silence* emotionally raped..." and then it becomes clear he is talking about TSA physically molesting people and ends with "Sexual assault is legal" and just then begins playing "Kiss Me a Lot." Not the best rant placement.
      • Like Like x 4
      • Informative Informative x 2
    15. brent
      brent
      I've seen Moz 4 times and this was by far the best performance I have seen from him. It also helped that I was front row, dead center.

He seemed to be in a good mood. Apologized for previous cancellations. No stage invasions. He sounded great. It was a show that I will never forget.

I took a lot of pics and videos but too lazy to figure out how to post on here right now.

Cheers.
      • Like Like x 6
    16. brent
      brent
      Was that Julia? I don't know what she looks like but I was right next to her. She seemed pretty calm when Moz handed her the mic. I don't think I would of been as calm.
    17. Similar2Sunday
      Similar2Sunday
      at the merch table: List of the Lost poster, t-shirt, and signed book for $100. For the true fan who can't get enough bulbous salutations and knotted banana toes. list of the lost.jpg
      • Like Like x 2
    18. Jane Jackson
      Jane Jackson
      Good to know
    19. Similar2Sunday
      Similar2Sunday
      Here's the preshow videos, which were same in Santa Ana and only a couple changed since last year:
      1. Loudmouth by The Ramones (1975 video)
      2. I'm Black and I'm Proud by James Brown
      3. Flesh by Andy Warhol
      4. Don't Make Me Over by Dionne Warwick (1963)
      5. "How important is one's nationality to one's identity" - British comedian (??)
      6. God Save the Queen by the Sex Pistols
      7. Can't Trust It by Public Enemy
      8. Wanting To Die by Anne Sexton (poem)
      9. Arabesque No. 1 by Isao Tomita
      10. Sponge pudding joke clip by British drag comedian (??)
      11. L'Insoumis film clip (source for Queen is Dead cover image)
      12. Where Have All The Flowers Gone by Marlene Dietrich
      13. Looking for a Kiss by the New York Dolls
      14. Lipsynka clip
      • Informative Informative x 4
      • Like Like x 2