Suede's live return

I had a ticket to the December 7 gig but decided to give it away.

My reason?

Well, I saw Suede once, in 1999 at a Festival whilst promoting Head Music. Whilst it was an OK gig for me it was nothing like the Suede of the early to mid 90's. I was more than happy to see them split a few years ago and love The Tears & Anderson solo work.

I saw Brett 5 times earlier this year and it blew me away just how good he is as a solo performer. After much thought I felt it better not to see Suede and instead worry about seeing Brett a few times on his next solo tour in 2011.

On the other side I can see how many are excited for this show but I see a bit of Bauhaus in this Suede reunion. Better in my humble opinion to leave the past where it is and focus on the future.

Yesterday's show in Paris was short but really great.
I've been really impressed by Brett's voice and the group overall performance.
Best Suede show I've seen/heard.

Yesterday's show in Brussels was great too. It was a kind of a greatest hits set list. But that was to be expected from a reunion. Band were in top form. Nice audience too!

It's funny how Suede can suddenly tour the world and play in massive stadiums as they have simply reunited...I don't know if there is a massive Suede fanbase from my generation, however I would like to meet them. I don't think they made their "reunion" very massive in advertising, but I suppose thats what you expect from most Indie bands.

It's funny how Suede can suddenly tour the world and play in massive stadiums as they have simply reunited...I don't know if there is a massive Suede fanbase from my generation, however I would like to meet them. I don't think they made their "reunion" very massive in advertising, but I suppose thats what you expect from most Indie bands.

From what I can gather, the O2 is the only big stadium they are playing.

your right DAVIE. Its dangerous when a band get stuck in a certain generation. Suede is definitely a 90's phenomenon with all the nostalgia. I was probably one of the few "youths" in the crowd. None of my friends have heard of britpop bands as Blur, Pulp etc. But Smiths and Joy Division seems to survive each new decade which could prove their greatness.
So Musically Suede is still marvellous and Brett's tenor-voice and appearance has a unbelievable credibility. :)
But then again, at a Morrissey or New Order concert it is a rather shifting age in audience
attending a Suede-concert 2010 is a pretty weird experience even though quality in music :(

Thank you for the not so bad audience recordings !
They show very well how Brett still sounds very good.

Today, BBC6 Music, 4pm, S Lamacq.
It's 'End of Term' for Steve so to celebrate we have live music from the Maida Vales studios with Suede.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wkmhj

If you missed Suede live on XFM Winter Wonderland, only 3 acoustic songs played due to drummer ill.
Animal Nitrate (HD), never played acoustic version before apparently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVNqz048jfY&feature=related
Thanks to uploader.

Thanks so much for this, especially for this acoustic version. Probably the best acoustic cover I've heard in a while.

Back
Top Bottom