Suedehead reaches 100 million plays milestone on Spotify

Suedehead, Morrissey's first single released 35 years ago this month, has today become the first Morrissey-song to reach the milestone of 100 million plays on Spotify.

The top-5 Morrissey-songs on Spotify now are:

1. Suedehead, 100 million
2. Everyday Is Like Sunday, 71,7 million
3. First of the Gang To Die, 63,4 million
4. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get, 21 million
5. Let Me Kiss You, 20,7 million.

The Smiths have 6 songs that have reached the 100 million plays milestone on Spotify: There Is a Light That Never Goes Out (382, 2 million), This Charming Man (332,1 million), How Soon Is Now? (202, 1), Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now (195,6 million), Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want (159,5) and Bigmouth Strikes Again (146,5 million).

Update (March 1, 2023):
Now a Central post:

"TIME ONCE WAS"
0-2.png

Merck Mercuriadis (left) and Morrissey.

Morrissey's "Suedehead" has received one hundred million hits on Spotify (100,000,000).

R-14578921-1577525131-9748.jpg
R-4572151-1368735126-9608.jpg
s-l500.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So how does that help the artist right now on achieving his aims? It's a number, I'll grant you, a big number. How does that help him?

These numbers alone are an affirmation of his ability to self release or partner with a streaming service. But far be it from me to tell him how to make money. I'm just very good at doing it for myself.

So how does that help the artist right now on achieving his aims? It's a number, I'll grant you, a big number. How does that help him?
not 'thinnest gruel' then? prat

Morrissey :highfive:

Johan de Witt :highfive:

29 seconds into the music video is the cutest ever appearance of a postman, who has since been involved in photographing Morrissey, videoing his shows, helping with website content and much much more (be nice!)

Suedehead 12" should have been reissued for the anniversary. I have the original vinyl but a remastered version would be nice.

Do you not find yourself slightly ridiculous at this point?
Be careful or he'll sit down next to you.

Those who feel the breath of sadness
Sit down next to me
Those who find they're touched by madness
Sit down next to me
Those who find themselves ridiculous
Sit down next to me
In love, in fear, in hate, in tears
In love, in fear, in hate
Down
Down