"Suedehead" (Original Instrumental) posted by RetroMusicWorld / YouTube (March 13, 2022)

Interesting.
🤔

Update:
Video made private - March 16, 2022.
Video made public again - March 26, 2022.

Comment posted by Gurglejerk:

Just a note: this track is not a true instrumental from the masters. This is an AI-generated track, using computer AI track separation to remove the vocals. It's good one, and shows how much AI track separation is improving. That YT channel also has a bunch of similar tracks as well as Everyday is Like Sunday (which isn't quite as well done).

If you want to experiment for yourself, try lalal.ai or moises.ai.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s great to sing along to, and I got the vocals to perfection.
My neighbours might disagree 😬

Ja ja karaoke I also tried to sing... if you can say singing is buenisima one of the best songs of our immense Moz, very sweet when Moz sings it and then the emotions that explode

I remember reading once that Viva Hate is the only Morrissey album you would listen to just for the music. I think they had a valid point.

It may be but with the voice of our master Morrissey the beauty of the album is multiplied exponentially!!!! The goosebumps generated in me begins when he begins to sing, there are songs that only he can sing and this is an example!! Moz Eternal !!! Let's pay homage to Him Moz we love you!!!!!!!!!!

I remember reading once that Viva Hate is the only Morrissey album you would listen to just for the music. I think they had a valid point.
While I maintain that Alain Whyte is as integral to Morrissey’s career as Marr was, I think Stephen Street doesn’t get enough love. It also bums me out how dismissive Moz is about some of the material they wrote together.

Aha interesting your comment I love the Moz Whyte era in fact my favorite Moz album is V and I, and other albums are growing and getting very close to VAI, but one question the MOz-Street era until what year was it? epoch? oh and eye I don't forget Boz the multi-instrumental!!!!! let Boz return
While I maintain that Alain Whyte is as integral to Morrissey’s career as Marr was, I think Stephen Street doesn’t get enough love. It also bums me out how dismissive Moz is about some of the material they wrote together.
Aha interesting your comment I love the Moz Whyte era in fact my favorite Moz album is V and I, and other albums are growing and getting very close to VAI, but one question the MOz-Street era until what year was it? epoch? oh and eye I don't forget Boz the multi-instrumental!!!!! let Boz return

For sure, it's a tragedy we didn't get at least one more album from Morrissey/Street. From what I've heard, it's on Morrissey why they didn't continue. Maybe he took it for granted that co-writers would come and go and they would all be as brilliant as Marr & Street?

Last edited:
I really loved this when it came out, I didn't miss the Smiths at all

For sure, it's a tragedy we didn't get at least one more album from Morrissey/Street. From what I've heard, it's on Morrissey why they didn't continue. Maybe he took it for granted that co-writers would come and go and they would all be as brilliant as Marr & Street?
There was a silly financial dispute and I've also read that Morrissey didn't like that Street gave several interviews about them working together. But I guess you're also right that Morrissey was spoilt: Johnny Marr had rung his doorbell and then Stephen Street effortlessly took his place. Since he doesn't compose music himself, he must have thought that finding people like that would be just as easy in the future.

I really loved this when it came out, I didn't miss the Smiths at all
Wow Redacted! How honest of you to plainly state. After reading your post I got to thinking...it was like an epiphany because I had always assumed that I 'd missed The Smiths and totally wished they"d reunite one day....but now I think I'm realizing that Morrissey-on his own-for ME-was way more relatable, inspiring and truly more appealing than those Smiths' days because he became less of a dramatic spectacle/shocking performance of obscure sexual orientation?! etc., and more of an authentic, anima/animus archetype, who, in my eyes, grew to be a more captivating and endlessly interesting human being!

Morrissey's open letter to Marr stirred up an essential, unacknowledged truth...requiring further exploration of this vague hunch. And then your brave post Redacted~ instantly brought my own decades-long feelings regarding Morrissey into a psychic, ah-ha alignment.
I have realized it was, and always has been, a profound, artistic and loving attachment to Morrissey's tender soul. Because throughout our lives good music may come and go~ but the courageous words, the beautiful language, the meaningful sentiment, & the soul of the exquisitely human voice...communicating with such openness...as this 3-D, timeless, universal poet/ front man? Magic!

...So RARE... Listening to Morrissey has been so very life changing for the deepening of my awareness of the importance of virtue; and to the development of my own creative soul ( not to mention for countless others!!! ) ~ And as I am always looking for true examples of daily inspiration in various, artistic forms of human expression to aid me along this perplexing journey through this often miserable society of sometimes cruel, uncaring, and unrefined people....Morrissey's poetic viewpoint, uttered aloud in his wise, calm, and yet feisty voice...as well as his integrity as a good human being with a noble heart....will ALWAYS win the day and keep me upright!

Last edited:
Amazing track. You can hear a few additional Vinny Reilly flourishes buried in the mix. What a musical combination that was. Did Street ever compose anything after Morrissey? Any co-writes? Would dearly love to see some behind the scenes of the production of this record. Thanks to whoever uploaded this.

As enjoyable as it is an instrumental
and as wonderful as Marr’s instrumentals are (and compared to Marr’s later collaborations) it just goes to show that these writers really needed a frontperson like Morrissey to really bring it out of them. Also as great as Street and Marr’s Smiths writing was, those songs wouldn’t have been remembered as they are still today without Morrissey’s contribution.

And it’s impossible to listen to an instrumental version without still feeling his vocal, our memory replaces its ‘absence’, I mean, his voice isn’t really absent at all.

To me it sounds like a continuation of the Smiths with a slightly different focus. Street was much too interwoven in the Smiths cosmos to go completely different ways at the beginning. I love everything from the Viva Hate phase until today.

As good as Street’s compositions are, Vini really enriches it, the sadness in his guitar touch and tone, really enhancing the nostalgic vibe of Viva Hate. I cant imagine this album and singles with out his contribution, nor would I dare to.

Perfection.

💙

As good as Street’s compositions are, Vini really enriches it, the sadness in his guitar touch and tone, really enhancing the nostalgic vibe of Viva Hate. I cant imagine this album and singles with out his contribution, nor would I dare to.

Perfection.

💙

Totally agree. Would love to hear the Street tapes to get a feel for where a song like Suedehead was going before Vinny made his contribution. I think he was going to release them at some point to counter Vinny's claims that he should have had a credit.

Perfection.

💙

💙

If at all possible, it'd be great if Morrissey could invite Vini to feature on one or two tracks on his next album.

The intro to Suedehead always gives me shivers down the back of my neck. Just like it did when I first heard it back in 1988. Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom