"Suedehead" filming / Fairmount Indiana photos from 1988 are HERE

• Thread starter Some Totally Random Moz Fan
  • Start date
S

Some Totally Random Moz Fan

This i sthe first ime in the past few days that I have been able to access the web site Kevin Cavanaugh generaoulsy shared with us. Unfortunately the bandwidth to it is so low that it shuts down quickly as fans go to it... So I am loading them here

I only got the first page (of three) before his site locked up again so I wil add more later!

Best,

Jay
----

morrissey in fairmount, indiana
february 7, 1987
filming the "suedehead" video
third and last day of shooting

"i and my best friend, bob mulnix got to meet morrissey filming suedehead on 7 feb 1987 in fairmount, indiana
bob was a friend of cory winslow - the cousin of james dean who lived and grew up on the farm in fairmount, indiana.- bob and i had passed thru the winslow's twice when we came back from florida on our way home to grand rapids, michigan. (fairmount was actually 6 hours south of grand rapids) cory and his parents always brough us in the house and we always had very nice home cooked meals prepared by mrs. winslow - very sweet people!
on the evening of 6 february, bob called cory for a car part as bob and cory were both very into vintage cars and bob would do some racing of his own at the james dean event in fairmount. cory replied that he had a car part that bob was looking for and then cory proceeded to tell bob that a very famous singer had been filming a music video on their farm and that they were going to be there one more day of filming on sunday. when bob was told it was "morrissey!" he called me up and we left grand rapids at 4am
we arrived about ten am and sure enough, mrs.winslow had breakfast prepared!
morrissey pulled up about 11am onto the farm in a large rv and we approached the vehicle with cory as he knocked and told gail colson - morrissey's manager at the time - that there were some very big smiths fans that drove 6 hours to meet morrissey...gaill welcomed us in and there he was!!!! morrissey then invited us to spend the day with him and the crew.............
during our initial conversations, morrissey asked where we got our import records in grand rapids.....we told him of a store called the vinyl solutution. he took out a pad from gail and proceeded to write down the store name.....in the kindest and most generous gesture, 3 years later morrissey premiered his album "your arsenal" at an mtv event at midnight at the vinyl solution!!!! where we again met and talked...over three thousand fans showed up for the event!! morrissey is a very kind and witty man.....
over 3 dozen photos were taken during the day and sadly only these remain...my best friend bob passed in 1991 of
an anuerism and i and his family have not been able to find the remaining photos......
bob - you are missed and are the best! kevin cavanaugh"

Pic: my best bud - bob mulnix, morrissey and me in morrissey's crew rv van - about 10am sunday morning

pic103058.jpg

Pic 2

this was taken by manager at the time, Gail Colson on a polaroid camera

pic103059.jpg

Pic 3

this was taken by manager at the time, Gail Colson on a polaroid camera

pic103060.jpg

Pic 4

because it was so cold that afternoon, morrissey's eyes kept tearing up - here he waits in place to shoot the final scene of the video

pic103061.jpg

Pic 5

Kevin Cavanaugh : "while shooting a scene on first and main street, morrissey's hat flew off several times -i snapped this after i retrieved his hat after "flying off" once again"

pic103062.jpg

im moved.

that was a really nice story.
im sorry about your friend,

the pictures...

they are very insightful!

thankyou.

*gasp* Those are wonderful! Thank you for sharing. RIP Bob.

Here's a couple more

Damn Geocities! It was back up for about a second and then crashed again. Grr.

pic103069.jpg

What a GR8 story! Thanks!

> This IS really neat! U guys were LUCKY! I've allways wondered if Morrissey was able to pull off a vidio without fans finding out. The pics r WONDERFUL and thanks for sharing.

I very much enjoyed viewing your photographs. Thank you very much for sharing them with us.

> I very much enjoyed viewing your photographs. Thank you very much for
> sharing them with us.

they are great, you lucky bloke!

We need to thank Kevin Cavanaugh for all these great pix- GenderNectar & I just moved them here