Suede to release comprehensive “Best of” compilation

Yeah, why not! He's a Johnny Marr lookalike too...I think Butler/Morrissey would slowly become The Smiths if they played together haha
Wouldn't it be interesting, though?

And in a parallel universe Marr would be locked in a cellar with Brett. And filmed for reality TV.

(But Morrissey/Butler wouldn't be filmed, because obviously they need their privacy.)

Haha that sounds like a great plan! Fair dos! That's the best plan I've heard in a while! Who are we hiring for the kidnapping then haha?

Anyone know if there'll be a vinyl issue? Such a shame they never printed Sci-Fi Lullabies on vinyl and I want to play those b-sides without switching records every 2-3 songs.

I'm just getting into Suede after hearing 'Saturday Night' on Radio 2 (on a playlist chosen by Brandon Flowers!). Spotify unfortunately only has the first album, which I'm now in love with. Definitely going to buy the other four albums! Which is everyone's favourite?

I'm just getting into Suede after hearing 'Saturday Night' on Radio 2 (on a playlist chosen by Brandon Flowers!). Spotify unfortunately only has the first album, which I'm now in love with. Definitely going to buy the other four albums! Which is everyone's favourite?

They are all fairly esssential, except, in my opinion HEAD MUSIC (though this album does contain the sublime "He's Gone" and "Everything Will Flow"). Don't let anyone tell you that A NEW MORNING is forgettable - it's a very different sound, but I love it. SCI-FI LULLABIES shouldn't be neglected either. Also well worth checking out Brett's solo album WILDERNESS if you like moody, atmospheric ballads.

The first three albums + Sci-Fi Lullabies Disc 1

+ some of the rest

If they release another album, I hope Brett goes back to his David Bowie voice!

Just get Dog Man Star, listen to it in a darkened room, and if it doesn't move you give up on Suede and give Shed Seven a go.

I thought Suede was a better album than Dog Man Star, but that's just my opinion...

Last edited by a moderator:
Suede and Dog Man Star are both incredible. Suede is my personal fav. Coming Up is a great album, but suffers slightly because of being after two of the greatest albums ever. As for later tracks, Can't Get Enough and Obsessions stand out for me.

I was lucky enough to see Suede in Paris about 10 (?) years ago. Richard Oakes is a wonderful guitarist and worthy replacement for Bernard.

I liked Lazy and Saturday Night! Listen to that guitar intro!
I always thought Coming Up was superior to Dog Man Star...obviously not if you all think most songs on Dog Man Star are good, I guess people's taste in music differs though!

I liked Lazy and Saturday Night! Listen to that guitar intro!
I always thought Coming Up was superior to Dog Man Star...obviously not if you all think most songs on Dog Man Star are good, I guess people's taste in music differs though!

Look. Look at this post. Look at how wrong you are.

CU has dated horrendously.

Tags
suede
Back
Top Bottom