Suede to release comprehensive “Best of” compilation

The Seeker of Good Songs

We originally reported back in January that the Suede reunion was a one-off, but who really believed that? They’d be crazy to ignore the almighty quid as it dangles in their faces. The UK rock band has not announced any shows in America, but will be touring Europe through at least December. In addition, Suede will be putting out a compilation (via Spinner). It’s called The Best of Suede and will feature two discs of singles, B-sides, and miscellaneous album tracks. Disc one features all singles except “Positivity” and “Attitude” and is otherwise very similar to the 2003 compilation Singles. This material ranges from early 1992 material until their final original release in 2002. The second disc features the B-sides and tracks from Suede’s early albums.
The Best of Suede arrives November 1st. The full tracklist is below.
The Best of Suede Tracklist:
Disc 1
01. Animal Nitrate
02. Beautiful Ones
03. Trash
04. Filmstar
05. Metal Mickey
06. New Generation
07. So Young
08. The Wild Ones
09. The Drowners
10. Stay Together
11. Lazy
12. Everything Will Flow
13. We Are the Pigs
14. Can’t Get Enough
15. Electricity
16. Obsessions
17. She’s in Fashion
18. Saturday Night
Disc 2
01. Pantomime Horse
02. My Insatiable One
03. Killing of a Flashboy
04. This Hollywood Life
05. Europe Is Our Playground
06. My Dark Star
07. Sleeping Pills
08. By the Sea
09. She
10. Heroine
11. The Living Dead
12. To the Birds
13. The Big Time
14. The Two of Us
15. Asphalt World
16. Still Life
17. The Next Life

from: http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/09/24/suede-to-release-comprehensive-best-of-compilation/

Very nice track-listing(s), although I can't help but think they could have found a better song than This Hollywood Life... a very average Suede track. Off the top of my head, Animal Lover or Together or She's Not Dead or Breakdown or Indian Strings or He's Gone or The Chemistry Between Us or Oceans, for instance, would all have been better.

A great reminder of what an amazing band Suede were (are). And the fact that people are arguing about songs included and/or left off just reinforces the point. Personally, I've always loved the b-side 'This Time' and would have included it on this set. Reeeealllly would love for them to include a few select US dates, but highly doubt it will happen - Suede have had terrible luck in the States...

A great reminder of what an amazing band Suede were (are). And the fact that people are arguing about songs included and/or left off just reinforces the point. Personally, I've always loved the b-side 'This Time' and would have included it on this set. Reeeealllly would love for them to include a few select US dates, but highly doubt it will happen - Suede have had terrible luck in the States...

As for the arguing, I agree ;)

I actually, love This Hollywood Life. Personal preference, I suppose.

I actually, love This Hollywood Life. Personal preference, I suppose.

I couldn't agree with you more; I love This Hollywood Life too.

Feel lucky to have caught them here on the DMS and Coming Up tours. Here's hoping they do a few select dates in the US.

what was so incomprehensive about the other "Singles" album and "Sci Fi Lullabies"?

'This Time' is one of my favorites as well, it should've been on 'Coming Up' if you ask me. Good to know i'm not the only fan of that song.

'Every Monday Morning Comes' is great too.

what was so incomprehensive about the other "Singles" album and "Sci Fi Lullabies"?

CD1 is the 2003? singles collection which you can buy off ebay for £1.99 and all the fans should have the b-sides. shame there was no demos, recent live recording or new remixes as a bonus :( will give this release a miss

That is a great track list. I would LOVE is Suede toured the US.
Now that would be some GREAT news...

Sure they had to be called The London Suede whilst releasing stuff in the US as some folk band or something already had excisted over there.

according to some Suede site, there's a singer named suzanne debronkart in the US who had a couple of albums released under the Suede moniker before the band released anything.
Funnily enough, she did a tour a few years back during the band's "vacation", but a Philly paper touted her show as being one by the former Britpop band s. needless to say for two seconds I was pumped that I would finally get to see them...then realized they would never play such a small venue, even if they are virtually unknown over here.

Yey "My Insatiable One" rocks and is my personal fav including "Beautiful Ones"! Suede were and are one of the most underated bands. Glad to see they are back together, even if they are without the class Bernard Butler!

Is it just me who thinks Dog Man Star wasn't a brilliant album?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not really Suede without Bernard. IMO.

Then again "Beautiful Ones" was a brill track without him and I think "Coming Up" was a great album too! They probably should have renamed the band...But then look at The Tears, that was the expected "Suede" reunion with Bernard and Brett reuniting...and it fell flat on its arse!

Then again "Beautiful Ones" was a brill track without him and I think "Coming Up" was a great album too! They probably should have renamed the band...But then look at The Tears, that was the expected "Suede" reunion with Bernard and Brett reuniting...and it fell flat on its arse!
Yeah, fair points. but I still think, for the very essence of Suede, you have to have Bernard.

(Actually, Bernard is the person I would most like Morrissey to collaborate with.)

Yeah, why not! He's a Johnny Marr lookalike too...I think Butler/Morrissey would slowly become The Smiths if they played together haha

Tags
suede
Back
Top Bottom