SUEDE - Deluxe Reissues

Super excited about these! Especially "Dog Man Star". I live in America and can't get these without getting bent over. Anyone have a link to the first deluxe (self titled) album that has been reissued? - Cheers

i ordered the entire 5 album set for $80 post paid for delivery to Philadelphia from amazon.co.uk..that's less then the cost of one Morrissey ticket these days

Cool! Is that the best way for us in the U.S to get it, then?

Will be getting Suede and DMS for sure!

Is there a proper box set or anything?

I'm very intrigued by these and hope to pick some up soon. The packaging and content appear to be fabulous, and the fact that pretty much of that era's material is on the second disc/DVD should make this THE standard on how to properly do catalog reissues.

The only let down is the remastering it seems. Some have mentioned that clipping and other digital distortions are audible on some of the tracks.

Super excited about these! Especially "Dog Man Star". I live in America and can't get these without getting bent over. Anyone have a link to the first deluxe (self titled) album that has been reissued? - Cheers

Me to, I got notice that mine have shipped. I live in the states. as well..

Attachments

• 259502_10150195295933208_701798207_7072789_7577978_o.jpg
    259502_10150195295933208_701798207_7072789_7577978_o.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
well I haven't watched it yet...i'll let you know asap :)

Wow that's a very good deal, very tempting too. I should maybe hold onto some money for TQID boxset...oh hold on they aint doing ANYTHING, epic fail once again from former senior members....:crazy:

Is the DVD ok? I read somewhere about syncing problems

As a massive Suede fan (I refuse to use the term Suedehead) the first album re-release is absolutely incredible and worth taking the plunge for. The re-mastering job is the best i've ever heard, the two live gigs included are great fun and the interview with B&B are insightful and interesting.

Cannot WAIT for Dog Man Star on Monday.

Being in the states I ordered mine through amazon UK and they wont deliver them until all have been issued..aggggghhhh I have to wait and it's killing me

Being in the states I ordered mine through amazon UK and they wont deliver them until all have been issued..aggggghhhh I have to wait and it's killing me

Seriously? Why, what is their reasoning? That's so stupid.

Definitely looking forward to the first two. And god those early b-sides were so good.

Its the same way if you had ordered the set of five through Suede's website (which you can't if you live in the states). Saves a lot of money if you ordered each one individually on the date they were released. A New Morning doesn't come out till June 27th, so they will all be shipped then.

BTW..in case you live in the States, they are charging $25.00 as an import through amazon.com plus shipping for each one. Through Amazon UK, they are only £8.93 if you buy them together which is $16.00. Otherwise they are £9.93 individually.

Again..$16.00 for 2 packed cds plus a dvd is an incredible deal imho..I'm glad they aren't afraid to release demos and live material that is 100% perfect unlike someone I know.

Their reasoning I suppose is postage to ship to the states.....

Can anyone with ears of silk listen to the remastered 'So Young' and tell me if there is distortion on the left hand signal at about 00:30 as Brett sings 'Because we're young, because we're.....' and a bit later again too. Cheers.

And does 'Sleeping Pills' really start to distort towards to climax at the end? The 'sweet FA to do today' bits? the high frequencies sound awful.

Last edited:
Yes. The person in charge of "remastering" this set, Chris Potter, should be fired for this travesty.

Last edited:
Ok, I've gone back and listened to the original CD and compared. The distortion on the two tracks I mentioned is actually inherent in the original recording. What has happened by the sound of it is that Mr Potter has enhanced the high end frequencies to add clarity to guitars and vox but in the process has had to allow the sibilant distortion through which sounds more overt than before. If you EQ the original CD boosting the high end the distortion leaps out. To be fair I don't think there is anything Mr Potter could do about that as it appears to be part of the original (and rather bad) recording commited to the master tape. The only way they could maybe have tried to deal with that is by remixing from the multi track tapes again which would be a very expensive and involved process requiring the booking out of studios etc! Shame though.

Last edited:
Ok, I've gone back and listened to the original CD and compared. The distortion on the two tracks I mentioned is actually inherent in the original recording. What has happened by the sound of it is that Mr Potter has enhanced the high end frequencies to add clarity to guitars and vox but in the process has had to allow the sibilant distortion through which sounds more overt than before. If you EQ the original CD boosting the high end the distortion leaps out. To be fair I don't think there is anything Mr Potter could do about that as it appears to be part of the original (and rather bad) recording commited to the master tape. The only way they could maybe have tried to deal with that is by remixing from the multi track tapes again which would be a very expensive and involved process requiring the booking out of studios etc! Shame though.

Thanks Mr. Reynolds!

I know the original CD isn't a sonic masterpiece, but I was hoping this remaster would be a bit warmer in the mid range. Is there any nasty compression going on in this set?

No nasty compression. It sounds good apart from the above mentioned. Also Dog Man Star is sounding great so far.

Back
Top Bottom