Suede - Bl00dsp0rts (New album)

Re: Suede - Bloodsports, NPR First Listen

it's leaked and is pretty good. Not their best but song decent songs on there...

It's really good. It's streaming on a legal website at the moment and I really think it's the best fecken album they've done since Coming Up! Why couldn't they have stayed like this through the 90s? They were bloody silly!

Legally stream - http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/mar/11/album-stream-suede-bloodsports

Legal I swear. Listen whilst you can because it's a cracking album!

Hello Davie.
I've been listening to this album almost non-stop since last Sunday and in my opinion it's the best album released so far in 2013.
I know it's only March, however I cannot see anything surpassing it. So for me, this is a very strong contender for album of the year.
Not a single bad track on it, hell...not even a mediocre one come to think of it.
Much better than Bowie's and Johnny's efforts put together.

Going to see them in Nottingham in a fortnight, and quite frankly can't wait. :)

Is it just me finding this comeback a bit tacky with a video where quite old men tip their head on the side like an innocent 14 year old trying to look cute?

I just listened to a track and take your word for it that this album is great but something in me just cannot muster to take this seriously as it just proves that music is just repeating itself over and over and new innovations are a thing of the past. The men in this band ran out of money after spending years lying in bed taking drugs and now they expect a crowd of sheep to turn up and worship them all over again.

Please give me something new and intelligent!

Ok can someone check for me - but this album sounds awfully clipped and distorted. Especially the final track 'Fault Lines'. Is it this bad on the actual CD?

Someone posted a wave file of one of the songs..Seems to be missing dynamics

Ok can someone check for me - but this album sounds awfully clipped and distorted. Especially the final track 'Fault Lines'. Is it this bad on the actual CD?

Attachments

• Schermata2013-03-12alle162825.png
    Schermata2013-03-12alle162825.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 6
Hello Davie.
I've been listening to this album almost non-stop since last Sunday and in my opinion it's the best album released so far in 2013.
I know it's only March, however I cannot see anything surpassing it. So for me, this is a very strong contender for album of the year.
Not a single bad track on it, hell...not even a mediocre one come to think of it.

Going to see them in Nottingham in a fortnight, and quite frankly can't wait. :)
Hello there sir,
I completely agree that it's going to be the best album of 2013, but I bet that it'll be ignored by everyone. It's way better than Bowie, Marr's and even MBV's efforts..I'm so jealous your seeing them live. I so desperately want to see them now!

Is it just me finding this comeback a bit tacky with a video where quite old men tip their head on the side like an innocent 14 year old trying to look cute? The men in this band ran out of money after spending years lying in bed taking drugs and now they expect a crowd of sheep to turn up and worship them all over again.

Please give me something new and intelligent!

Oh my...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't rate it as highly as the Bowie LP, but I am really enjoying the new Suede album. It's worth noting that as well as the two iTune bonus tracks "Dawn Chorus" and "Howl", there are another two from (I think) the Japanese release: "Nothing Can Stop Us" and "No Holding Back". Not had any luck in obtaining them so far...

I don't rate it as highly as the Bowie LP, but I am really enjoying the new Suede album. It's worth noting that as well as the two iTune bonus tracks "Dawn Chorus" and "Howl", there are another two from (I think) the Japanese release: "Nothing Can Stop Us" and "No Holding Back". Not had any luck in obtaining them so far...

Thanks for that information :)

Anyone kind enough to upload the new suede b-sides. Not available to us here in the States.... Thxx

again, like Bowie, there's multiple bonus tracks for different versions. Annoying. Then again, I'll save money as back in their heyday I'd buy multiple import singles per album to get all the b-sides.

Love the new album, Sometimes I feel I'll float away is my favourite followed by Snowblind and The Strangers :)
A link to downloads of the Bsides or something would be really kind :o

Hello Davie.

My God I wish I could go with you. I love this Suede record. I hope Suede tours the US soon.

Back
Top Bottom