Suede and Manic Street Preachers Announce 2022 North American Tour

SuedeMoz

The co-headlining trek takes place in the United States and Canada in November...

NOVEMBER
3: VANCOUVER, Canada – PNE FORUM (The London Suede close)
5: SEATTLE, WA – NEPTUNE THEATRE (Manic Street Preachers close)
7: SAN FRANCISCO, CA – THE WARFIELD (The London Suede close)
9: ANAHEIM, CA – HOUSE OF BLUES (Manic Street Preachers close)
10: LOS ANGELES, CA – THE PALLADIUM (The London Suede close)
13: AUSTIN, TX – ACL LIVE AT THE MOODY THEATER (Manic Street Preachers close)
16: CHICAGO, IL – AUDITORIUM THEATER (The London Suede close)
18: SILVER SPRING, MD – THE FILLMORE (Manic Street Preachers close)
19: PHILADELPHIA, PA – THE MET (The London Suede close)
21: BROOKLYN, NY – KINGS THEATRE (Manic Street Preachers close)
22: BOSTON, MA – THE ORPHEUM (The London Suede close)
24: TORONTO, Canada – MASSEY HALL (Manic Street Preachers close)

oh my god!!!!! why cant it just be suede though?! why does it have to be the manic street preachers?!

they'd better not bring back vaccine mandates!!!!! :mad: (wait, do they have vaccine mandates in canada for concerts?? :confused:)

This is great, unfortunately we are not going to any shows because any time I look at tix on ticketmaster or live nation, they make you agree to adhere to any covid rules they may impose at any time. So, it could be something like a negative test 48 hours before and if we can't get that done, we can't go. Also, live nation has bought a lot of the great formerly independent venues here, they ruined the entire live music scene.

What a dream combo!

❤️ Manic Street Preachers!!!

Just got GA tickets for LA, they were about $64 a piece including all fees - a bargain, really!

This is great, unfortunately we are not going to any shows because any time I look at tix on ticketmaster or live nation, they make you agree to adhere to any covid rules they may impose at any time. So, it could be something like a negative test 48 hours before and if we can't get that done, we can't go. Also, live nation has bought a lot of the great formerly independent venues here, they ruined the entire live music scene.

You're effectively putting yourself in an anti-show lockdown. Whatever floats your boat.

You're effectively putting yourself in an anti-show lockdown. Whatever floats your boat.
It's more about how live nation handles things now, they have a monopoly on the venues, they own them. We have seen just about everyone we wanted to, so I don't feel like I am missing much. We haven't seen Suede, but I don't like the venue they are playing in.

If this tour goes well maybe Suede are considering a larger North American tour for next year?

If information shared by a member of the Steve Hoffman Music Forums is accurate, apparently Suede had been looking for a financially feasible way to embark on a U.S. tour for several years. The poster in question claimed to be involved with the team/company that booked the tour. According to them, Suede was not able to find a way to make a U.S. tour profitable w/out a double-billing like this, e.g., the Manics. So it's essentially a way for two acts with a small but passionate fanbase in the U.S. to play in the States - and, most likely, at or just above the break-even mark.

Whatever the truth, I'll take this! I lucked into hearing about it on Monday and bought floor seats to a show in the presale yesterday.

If information shared by a member of the Steve Hoffman Music Forums is accurate, apparently Suede had been looking for a financially feasible way to embark on a U.S. tour for several years. The poster in question claimed to be involved with the team/company that booked the tour. According to them, Suede was not able to find a way to make a U.S. tour profitable w/out a double-billing like this, e.g., the Manics. So it's essentially a way for two acts with a small but passionate fanbase in the U.S. to play in the States - and, most likely, at or just above the break-even mark.

Whatever the truth, I'll take this! I lucked into hearing about it on Monday and bought floor seats to a show in the presale yesterday.

Interesting, any chance you can link to that article?

UPDATE: Nevermind, I found it. It makes sense though honestly, I didn't know if they wanted to play the US again. It seemed the Coming Up tour in the US was not the best experience for them. They had their instruments stolen and it seemed to sour Brett on touring here again (at the time anyway).

Last edited:

This makes total sense. Touring in the US is an expensive proposition. Glad they were able to make it work. I've got tickets too!

i guess ill try to buy a ticket for the vancouver show when they become available! if i cant go its only a loss of $64. how do i know which ticket to buy? i never know! i always just pick a random one! which is the ticket that will get me closest to neil is what i want to know!!

Vancouver first show? They’ll probably be there day before, check out the nicest hotels
guess the closest ones to the venue (?) there’s a couple days between that show and Seattle so they might hang in Vancouver the next day. Or you can try soundcheck, probably best bet. I mean, don’t you want to meet Neil?
oh my gosh, k-ket!!! i cant meet neil!!! i feel sick just thinking about it!!!

okay, so if the show is the 3rd, ill arrive in vancouver on the morning of the 2nd, and leave on the fifth. does that sound good?

what do i do for soundcheck?? i dont know if it's any use, i would NOT have the nerve or cringiness to shout out his name or anything like that.

first, i have to make sure to get a ticket, though! i think they go on sale tomorrow! do i need a code? are they going to be sold out right away?? what type of seat should i get??

teach me your ways, learned k-ket!!

oh i feel all woozy *rings hands*

You can try calling a few of the nicer hotels, hopefully they won’t be using aliases.

Though you may have more of a chance with soundcheck, go to the back or side door of venue, try to get there by 2pm, 3 latest. Just walk around nearby, try not to look so conspicuous and keep your eye open. I’m guessing there should be at least one tour bus, but keep a look out for any cars driving up to the door. I wouldn’t hang out at the door unless there are already fans there. Some may say get there earlier, depends on how desperate you are. They might do a soundcheck leave and then come back too.
A lot of waiting around and a lot of luck in these situations.
what do i say when i call the hotels? i would think they wouldnt tell me if they were staying there due to privacy issues?

wait... what?! the vancouver date is gone off of ticketmaster! did they sell out already?! all the other dates are there with tickets left to buy?! i dont get it, how does it wooooorrrrrrrk?!?!?

Well, I changed my mind, but too late, all the good tickets are gone. I think I know someone who works at the venue now, maybe I can work something out.

Well, I got lucky and got a ticket to see them in Silver Spring, MD, same place I saw Johnny Marr and Peter Hook in the last couple of years. Small place, just a few hundred people. Can't explain how excited I am...never thought I'd see them unless I luckily found myself in the UK at some point. This is going to be awesome! Just in November, I'm seeing Suede (with MSP, who honestly I don't care much about yet), Travis, Morrissey, and the Smile! So yeah, I'm over the moon!!!

Tags
suede
Back
Top Bottom