Suede and Manic Street Preachers Announce 2022 North American Tour

"I do believe in revenge but I don't believe in America" is a good line.

I'm going to try to redirect this thread...

The North American tour is over and Suede played all shows... no cancellations ;)

If you were able to attend, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I attended one show... they sounded as good if not better than when I saw them last in '97. Great setlist. It seemed that the crowd was familiar with the new material. Of course, I missed the 5-6 additional songs they would have done had it been a proper tour, but after 25 years... I was happy with what I got!

Looking through their set lists, there were several classics at each show: Metal Mickey, The Drowners, Trash, Beautiful Ones... in addition, it was nice to see these gems appear here and there on the tour:

- Killing of a Flash Boy
- The Living Dead
- This Hollywood Life
- My Insatiable One
- To The Birds
- Sabotage (one of my faves from the reunited Suede)

One criticism. I wasn't feeling Brett's acoustic version of The Wild Ones. I know It's crazy to say that. If it had been a more straight-ahead acoustic version - it would have been brilliant. At least the one I saw was just a bit too abstract and distant from the vocals. If you saw it maybe you know what I mean.

Finally, I was the only one in my group of friends that had seen Suede before... it was fun to see them have a good time and afterward talk about how great Suede are live.

Last edited:
Tags
suede
Back
Top Bottom