Suede and Manic Street Preachers Announce 2022 North American Tour

Another good thing about the Neil Codling gif is that he didn't look like, as someone hilariously put it, a skinny Meatloaf. Looking at all these current photos, the "skinny Meatloaf" theory is perfect and very funny. Although in one of them he looks a bit like MacGyver. The original MacGyver, that is. Not the new one who looks like a boy band member.

Boston tonight.. less than half the tickets are sold. (2700)

Suede hasn't been on a US tour since 1995 so I figured that would really bring people out of the woodwork.

Boston usually does pretty good with these types of bands. Morrissey is in a much bigger venue (5000) next month and there are only re-sale tickets left.

I am disappointed but I am still expecting a great show and I know this is probably the last chance I'll have to see them without traveling to Europe.

1669129750285.png

Boston tonight.. less than half the tickets are sold. (2700)

Suede hasn't been on a US tour since 1995 so I figured that would really bring people out of the woodwork.

Boston usually does pretty good with these types of bands. Morrissey is in a much bigger venue (5000) next month and there are only re-sale tickets left.

I am disappointed but I am still expecting a great show and I know this is probably the last chance I'll have to see them without traveling to Europe.

View attachment 86145

Saw them on this tour and it was spectacular. However, I'm a bit surprised by the lack of promotion for the tour. I haven't heard about any radio appearances or in-store record signings... things they were doing earlier on the UK leg of the tour. Not sure why - no budget? Maybe they're just counting on word-of-mouth promotion? I was hoping that we'd get a proper Suede North American tour next year but it seems a bit doubtful. 🤷‍♂️

Saw them on this tour and it was spectacular. However, I'm a bit surprised by the lack of promotion for the tour. I haven't heard about any radio appearances or in-store record signings... things they were doing earlier on the UK leg of the tour. Not sure why - no budget? Maybe they're just counting on word-of-mouth promotion? I was hoping that we'd get a proper Suede North American tour next year but it seems a bit doubtful. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah.. a proper tour with a 20 song setlist with encore and all that would be great but from what I was reading people in CA were saying that Brett kept talking about how this is probably the last time they will be there.

Moving forward, best I can hope for is a NYC show that probably won't happen.

It's strange how the music touring scene has changed so much since I was a kid.
In the 80's everyone came to Providence, RI in a 10,000 set venue.
I saw bands like Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC, Def Leppard, Rush, Yes, Pink Floyd and so many more.. they all came and played a night in Hartford, CT and the next in Boston, MA.

All the smaller bands went to the 1000-2000 seat theaters in Providence.. I was able to see Metallica, Hole, Suede, The Ocean Blue, The Ramones, Ian McCullock, Husker Du, B-52s who also had tours that when through all of New England with shows in Maine and Vermont as well.

Now most acts do NYC and Boston. They can do less shows and sell tickets at a way higher price because people from New England need to go to one of those shows.

I'm lucky I can drive to Boston in less than an hour and NYC in about 4 hours but the days of driving downtown to see a show are long gone. If I'm lucky I can find a dive bar with a 90's cover band playing Gin Blossoms, Weezer and Matchbox 20. So I got that going for me.

Yeah.. a proper tour with a 20 song setlist with encore and all that would be great but from what I was reading people in CA were saying that Brett kept talking about how this is probably the last time they will be there.

He said something like "This is the last song we'll play, and it might be the last song we ever play in LA... who knows... who knows... maybe we'll be back in 25 years... [something]"

I've queued the video to that part...

Maybe at the end of the tour, he'll say something definite about touring here again or it will come up in an interview? If all the shows aren't selling out that probably doesn't bode well for a larger US tour anytime soon. I wasn't at Coachella in 2011 - so happy that at least we got this tour after 25 years of not seeing them live.

Last edited:
Another good thing about the Neil Codling gif is that he didn't look like, as someone hilariously put it, a skinny Meatloaf. Looking at all these current photos, the "skinny Meatloaf" theory is perfect and very funny. Although in one of them he looks a bit like MacGyver. The original MacGyver, that is. Not the new one who looks like a boy band member.
that so funny. i used to have a crush on macgyver when i was like 8 and so i would always watch it and it was a joke that it was my show. but i havent seen it since then and cannot for the life of me picture what he used to look like, yet there have been a couple neil pics that have made me think 'macgyver' when i saw them (recently that one i posted of him with the asian broad). ill have to look up macgyver to see if they actuall bear any resemblance. that'd be so funny if someone stopped him on the street thinking he was macgyver. :lbf:

That's the Rum Tum Tugger. He is the hip hopper in the gang. He's alright. He doesn't have magical powers like Mr Mistoffelees, though.

Look at the way the magical Mr Mistoffelees moves his hands :love:

tumblr_m0cpj6dN7E1r1zn4oo1_500.gif

OMG there are so many fabulous Cats GIFs out there. Where have they been all my life? Why was I not informed? Each GIF more fabulous than the previous one. I feel like I've been living on the dark side of Jupiter all these years. I'm gonna spend all day looking at Cats GIFS!!!

That's the Rum Tum Tugger. He is the hip hopper in the gang. He's alright. He doesn't have magical powers like Mr Mistoffelees, though.

Look at the way the magical Mr Mistoffelees moves his hands :love:

tumblr_m0cpj6dN7E1r1zn4oo1_500.gif

OMG there are so many fabulous Cats GIFs out there. Where have they been all my life? Why was I not informed? Each GIF more fabulous than the previous one. I feel like I've been living on the dark side of Jupiter all these years. I'm gonna spend all day looking at Cats GIFS!!!
He's just awful, bun bun. I think he might be the biggest gimp I have ever seen. The rum tum tugger is everything he will never be.

I bet Mr Mistoffelees can write better songs than Elephant Man LOL

Why would Mr Mistoffelees need cheek bones that can open a letter? He has magical powers. He can open anything he wants any time he wants 🌟✨

Tags
suede
Back
Top Bottom