Suede "A New Morning" (Skylarker edition) (polishing a turd)

Does anyone know where I can find the songs of Another Morning to download?
I've just recently found out that the Hoffer recordings could be downloaded when the album was released, but the original website doesn't exist anymore. Anyone an idea how to find these recording?

Suede's one of my favorite bands of all time. A New Morning, their 2002 5th LP and swansong (before reuiniting a decade or so later) is their worst album....and easily one of the worst albums of all time by anyone.

But.

It isn't entirely without merit.

While even the best possible presentation of this era of the band should come with a a pair of 3-cringe glasses, there was still to be had a microscopic glance at the powerhouse that had made DogManStar only eight years earlier.

By replacing some of the original album tracks with b-sides and bonus cuts, some tasteful custom edits, a general re-sequencing, and a little pixie dust, I think I've made a version of this album that, if not enjoyable is at least listenable.

Some highlights salvaged from the official version:

Positivity (great pop song)
Lonely Girls (sounds like Pearl Jam's Given to Fly which in turn, I think, is based on a led Zeppelin song, but who cares.)
Lost In TV (sounds a lot like Anderson's later project The Tears. Definitely the direction he was going in. Great chorus.)
One Hit To The Body (glam rock greatness)

Some highlights from the album sessions left off the official LP:

Simon (Goofy but good b-side about a Vietnam vet or something)
Oceans (absolutely gorgeous divorce/break up song...how Brett wrote this and U.F.O. for the same album is beyond me...stupidly buried as a "hidden track" on the original CD pressings)
One Love (a dumb song but an absolutely single-worthy track absurdly left off the record)
Golden Gun (demo)...
Just a cool sounding song. The finished version, I think, was a b-side to one of the singles. Nothing earth shattering. I can't remember where I found the demo version (maybe the reissue but I feel like I've had it longer than that...). I feel like the demo is just slightly less glitzy than the official version.
Rainy Day Girl (Remember every sad alt-rock girl you dated in the 90s? This song's about her.)

Anyway. Enjoy.

Tracklist:

Morning
Positivity
Golden Gun (demo)
Rainy Day Girl
One Love
Simon
One Hit To The Body
Lonely Girls
Lost In TV
Oceans
You Belong To Me

Download here
Does anyone know where I can find the songs of Another Morning to download?
I've just recently found out that the Hoffer recordings could be downloaded when the album was released, but the original website doesn't exist anymore. Anyone an idea how to find these recording?

Suede's one of my favorite bands of all time. A New Morning, their 2002 5th LP and swansong (before reuiniting a decade or so later) is their worst album....and easily one of the worst albums of all time by anyone.

But.

It isn't entirely without merit.

While even the best possible presentation of this era of the band should come with a a pair of 3-cringe glasses, there was still to be had a microscopic glance at the powerhouse that had made DogManStar only eight years earlier.

By replacing some of the original album tracks with b-sides and bonus cuts, some tasteful custom edits, a general re-sequencing, and a little pixie dust, I think I've made a version of this album that, if not enjoyable is at least listenable.

Some highlights salvaged from the official version:

Positivity (great pop song)
Lonely Girls (sounds like Pearl Jam's Given to Fly which in turn, I think, is based on a led Zeppelin song, but who cares.)
Lost In TV (sounds a lot like Anderson's later project The Tears. Definitely the direction he was going in. Great chorus.)
One Hit To The Body (glam rock greatness)

Some highlights from the album sessions left off the official LP:

Simon (Goofy but good b-side about a Vietnam vet or something)
Oceans (absolutely gorgeous divorce/break up song...how Brett wrote this and U.F.O. for the same album is beyond me...stupidly buried as a "hidden track" on the original CD pressings)
One Love (a dumb song but an absolutely single-worthy track absurdly left off the record)
Golden Gun (demo)...
Just a cool sounding song. The finished version, I think, was a b-side to one of the singles. Nothing earth shattering. I can't remember where I found the demo version (maybe the reissue but I feel like I've had it longer than that...). I feel like the demo is just slightly less glitzy than the official version.
Rainy Day Girl (Remember every sad alt-rock girl you dated in the 90s? This song's about her.)

Anyway. Enjoy.

Tracklist:

Morning
Positivity
Golden Gun (demo)
Rainy Day Girl
One Love
Simon
One Hit To The Body
Lonely Girls
Lost In TV
Oceans
You Belong To Me

Download here
Only just found this link but I think it's been taken down - any chance of you uploading it once more? Am aslo desperate to hear the original versions1 Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom