sub-forum The Pigsty survey

sub-forum The Pigsty survey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kewpie

Subscriber
On 20th December 2008 the site administrator added a sub-forum in off-topic in order to reduce the trolling in the forums.

How do you find the forums after having The Pigsty?

I post this in general discussion because some users never bother to post in off-topic.
I'd like to have wide range of feedbacks about the sub-forum.

Last edited:
Saw the note regarding offensive material and wondered why anyone would want to post that here anyway.

I think it is a positive thing, saves drama getting on the rest of the forum.
Plus, there is some funny stuff.

I haven't dared, I don't think I will. I just looked at the thread titles. I try to stay away from trouble whenever possible here anyway.

Well, that settles it.

It doesn't add positive vibe to the forums, scrap it 2 5.56%
Really hate it, scrap it now 0 0%

Only two SoLowers have voted to scrap it, and one of them is a Depeche Mode fan (as if that vote should even count...).

But you have to wonder some things about this poll.

First, why is it really in the General Forum? It's quite odd that Kewpie, of all people, would be placing it there. She can unilaterally place an off topic thread in the General Forum? Why should people who never even look at the Pigsty have a say in the Pigsty?

Second, why so many somewhat over-lapping options in the poll, instead of simply "keep it", "scrap it", "undecided", "present"? Is it because Kewpie knows the Pigsty didn't turn out so bad and there's no movement to get it deleted, but she wants to have enough people voting in one of the many "not sure"/"need more time" options so she can claim the results are ambiguous and people need more time to decide? And then request that this "trial period" thing be kept hanging over the heads of all the little piggies in the 'sty even longer?

Third, why is the poll open for so long? Isn't it cruel to make the piggies sweat it out for so long?

Please keep voting for one of these two:

Totally support to keep it 15 41.67%
Enjoy having it and would like to keep it 6 16.67%

But I think the 'sty has already won in a landslide. If the tide were to change before Feb. 27, I will suspect voter fraud and demand a new poll. (In the meantime, does anyone know how I can vote more than once?)

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I must've misread the results. The Depeche Mode fan doesn't wanna nuke the 'sty. :)

But someone else just voted to.... :eek:

Please close the polls!!! On Monday morning we'll be getting votes from all those suburbanites at their offices who, like, have normal lives and are sane and shit, and they probably hate the 'sty. Cut if off now!!!

Last edited:
I thought when it first came about it would be a good way to just get the noise into one place and I'd never go there.

I've found the topics to be pretty interesting and it seems like people are using it to be a bit more edgy and the trolling that happens there seems to fizzle pretty quickly.

Banned users are way down. Modertation is much easier.

My biggest regret is there are a lot of things in there that are NSFW so I have to imagine all the naughty things I cannot see during the day. El sigho.

I thought when it first came about it would be a good way to just get the noise into one place and I'd never go there.

I've found the topics to be pretty interesting and it seems like people are using it to be a bit more edgy and the trolling that happens there seems to fizzle pretty quickly.

Banned users are way down. Modertation is much easier.

My biggest regret is there are a lot of things in there that are NSFW so I have to imagine all the naughty things I cannot see during the day. El sigho.

I think that one could make a pretty convincing case that this site would be a lot more interesting and fun with less moderation everywhere. And by less moderation, I mean no Kewpie.

I think that one could make a pretty convincing case that this site would be a lot more interesting and fun with less moderation everywhere. And by less moderation, I mean no Kewpie.

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

LOL, thank you very much for boosting my ego. :D

Only someone with poor reading comprehension skills would interpret that as an ego boost. You massively over-moderate this site with your incessant thread merges, thread splitting, and nipping of conversations in the bud.

Do you realise everything you posted in here will be archived which means you're only recording your bitterness and frustrations? :eek:

Kewpie, I have a proposal. Why don't you take a 1-month leave of absence from moderating. Post here as usual, just don't merge, split, kill, etc. threads the way you usually do. At the end of that month, we'll have a poll to see whether users liked it, hated it, or didn't even notice your absence.

this is what i lubs nrith head for, he is never gonna move on!
its gr8 dude, please dont ever change
reading your frustration with this site really makes me smile and i hope the same is true for others as well :)

this is what i lubs nrith head for, he is never gonna move on!
its gr8 dude, please dont ever change
reading your frustration with this site really makes me smile and i hope the same is true for others as well :)

This kind of bitterness and bigotry led some people's self-distraction and downfall as well.

Last edited:
Tags
cod came back mmmmm donuts nrith gets it wrong piss and moan robby = solo goddess robby wants to be a brit robby's a tool the robb-sty waste of space robby what about me??????
Back
Top Bottom