Stunning news from recordstore.co.uk

Steve kept his promise to get autographs from Morrissey last year.

I believe signed LP will be dispatched soon.

Wasn't it LP's rather than LP? If it was only one maybe it's gone, but i'm sure there was supposed to be 200 in which case no way have they gone out. No sign anywhere.

The Autographed picture that came with the Glam Glue bundle

The following was in my bundled order:

View attachment 11895

Re: The Autographed picture that came with the Glam Glue bundle

Did anyone else receive the autographed picture...is the signature on yours similar? It looks different to me that other autographs of his...the "R"'s are more loopy.

The sigs across his chest as well all the others seem to be up the left side. Yours must be a fake, can i have it?

I did a "smear" test on the autograph and I would say that it wasn't "personally" signed but that the signature was "printed" onto the picture.

Wasn't it LP's rather than LP? If it was only one maybe it's gone, but i'm sure there was supposed to be 200 in which case no way have they gone out. No sign anywhere.

I think you'll find that there were 200 GG signed prints and 100 signed Best of Lps. But you are right, there is no way we wouldn't have heard if they had been released yet. So I'm still hoping.

I did a "smear" test on the autograph and I would say that it wasn't "personally" signed but that the signature was "printed" onto the picture.

might be one of the earlier signed prints, in my opinion, since he decided to change the location of his sig, to a better one (again, in my opinion).

it appears as if a marks-a-lot marker was used here.
what sort of smear test did you do?

Last edited:

What would be the point in recordstore sending out a bunch of real signatures and a fake?

I asked Recordstore a few times about the signed LP but no reply at all.....:confused:
Cheers Moz

might be one of the earlier signed prints, in my opinion, since he decided to change the location of his sig, to a better one (again, in my opinion).

it appears as if a marks-a-lot marker was used here.
what sort of smear test did you do?

What would be the point in recordstore sending out a bunch of real signatures and a fake?

I did another "smear" test, this time with isopropyl, instead of water, on a "Q-tip" and wiped across a small portion of the signature, and it did smear. I was never claiming fakery, only that my first impression was that it didn't look like a marker was used.
It is curious though that the signature is in a different location. Are there others where it is across the chest rather than on the left side?

I did another "smear" test, this time with isopropyl, instead of water, on a "Q-tip" and wiped across a small portion of the signature, and it did smear. I was never claiming fakery, only that my first impression was that it didn't look like a marker was used.
It is curious though that the signature is in a different location. Are there others where it is across the chest rather than on the left side?

Mine is across the side, as are most of the ones I've seen. I have no idea why your's was signed across the front? unless, it's like Abrahan said, it was one of the first one's signed? quite possibly could be one of the last too, as he might've gotten tired of signing them, and just did a few this way?

I think you're over obsessing about this, frame it, put it on your wall, and be lucky you were one of the few that did get one. I dont know why you'd want to complain about something you won? Most folks, didn't get one, you did, be thankful.

Mine is across the side, as are most of the ones I've seen. I have no idea why your's was signed across the front? unless, it's like Abrahan said, it was one of the first one's signed? quite possibly could be one of the last too, as he might've gotten tired of signing them, and just did a few this way?

I think you're over obsessing about this, frame it, put it on your wall, and be lucky you were one of the few that did get one. I dont know why you'd want to complain about something you won? Most folks, didn't get one, you did, be thankful.

Sorry if I was giving the impression that I was obsessing, but I'm not/wasn't and I'm not complaining about it either. I was just curious about the print. If mine is one of very few signed that way, I think it is a good thing.

Were these prints only offered/given out through recordstor.uk? If so, what influence do they have that they can do that? and how do you think Morrissey is approached to do this task...does his assistant come over one day with a box of prints and a bag of markers and tells Morrissey he has "homework" to do. Does he sit at the kitchen table and sign them while he eats breakfast or in his big comfy chair while he watches Roseann repeats on the tele? How many does he do in a stretch before his hand cramps up? oh the questions and the visual images one can imagine.

Recordstore are cockin a deaf un to enquiries about very best of signed vinyl. Emailed Steve last week as others have, no reply, got a feeling this ones not going to happen folks. Won't be recordstores fault though. They'll have been dropped in it by product not arriving, and think it's just best to ignore all communications about it and hope it goes away.

Did anyone else receive the autographed picture...is the signature on yours similar? It looks different to me that other autographs of his...the "R"'s are more loopy.

Hi mate,

My mate was lucky enough to get one of the signed prints and his signature postion differs to all the ones I've seen so far.

Recordstore are cockin a deaf un to enquiries about very best of signed vinyl. Emailed Steve last week as others have, no reply, got a feeling this ones not going to happen folks. Won't be recordstores fault though. They'll have been dropped in it by product not arriving, and think it's just best to ignore all communications about it and hope it goes away.

it's not on though. i bought the cd on the off-chance i'd win the vinyl. if they hadn't made the offer in the first place, i'd have just bought the vinyl to begin with. I realise that my cha ces of winning it were very low but i've still held off getting the vinyl... they should let people know what's going on.

it's not on though. i bought the cd on the off-chance i'd win the vinyl. if they hadn't made the offer in the first place, i'd have just bought the vinyl to begin with. I realise that my cha ces of winning it were very low but i've still held off getting the vinyl... they should let people know what's going on.

same here... would have just bought the record if I knew this was the case

Well get in touch with em it's not on and they know it.We know Shit flows down hill but lets try to reverse the process and see if pressure to recordstore will get to record label to make it happen.

Tags
autograph bundle recordstore signature signed
Back
Top Bottom