Stuff on the internet you want to buy

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
I like this bag. I'm "meh" on the steampunk image portion of it but I've been crushing on vertical satchels lately. ANd it's only $30. But it's Christmas and I should be buying gifts for other people. I only clicked the link because they had a sloth necklace for a friend I couldn't find on the website.

9226_cra_ravenfield_full.jpg

I bet those little brass nubs would be a pain in the ass and I'd never use them and they'd click when I walked.

I'm crushing on my friend's flipflops. She has ugly toes, she's REALLY tall though, I think tall people generally have weird phalanges.

10922482_10152609974493317_2728310171947845616_n.jpg

productimg-bcatshirts.png

Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 :horny:

bentley-exp-10-speed-6-03-1.jpg

Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 :horny:

bentley-exp-10-speed-6-03-1.jpg

i have a hard time feeling ok spending money. i dont think ill ever be comfortable with it no matter how much my lifes changed or changes. i have a lot of internal confliction about it and just out right guilt most of the time.

i have a hard time feeling ok spending money. i dont think ill ever be comfortable with it no matter how much my lifes changed or changes. i have a lot of internal confliction about it and just out right guilt most of the time.

Oh, Bentleys are very ostentatious. As a connoisseur of beautiful design I appreciate them, but even if I was a millionaire I'd be hard pressed to spend that much money on a car to go to Target in. They're also a tad oxymoronic, if you have enough to buy a Bentley, you have enough to buy a chauffeur to take you places so the hand stitched piped bucket seats are all very overkill for Jeeves.

Oh, Bentleys are very ostentatious. As a connoisseur of beautiful design I appreciate them, but even if I was a millionaire I'd be hard pressed to spend that much money on a car to go to Target in. They're also a tad oxymoronic, if you have enough to buy a Bentley, you have enough to buy a chauffeur to take you places so the hand stitched piped bucket seats are all very overkill for Jeeves.

i agree about the design stuff and about the driving to target bit. i myself just always think "i could be spending this money on food or shelter for someone that would probably make me feel better than any car would". the car would probably just make me feel worse about myself. i come from a place where millionaires and billionaires pretend that they dont have money and drive old pickups which i always thought was a good example of conviction and resistance of ego which is important to me. rachel has finally convinced me to buy a new bmw next year and im kinda sick about it though im honestly afraid to tell her. conflicted really. shes used to having money as she comes from a family with money who now has even more and im form a place where they might not let me back in if i show up in a bmw but if tell her i dont like stuff like that she takes it as a judgement on her and her family members so im not in a good spot on the issue of money with her. were also about to have a child and i think thats gonna be an issue because i think im gonna raise that child to be against ostentatious uses of money and this is gonna be a huge huge problem as shes gonna take it again as me turning her child against her and her side of the family. we already cant have family functions together as the two sides dont get along at all and just fight (and i mean physically). ive been struggling with this problem for the last few years now and its been weighing on me but its hard to even ask peoples opinion as its a conversation most dont wanna have. sorry i dont wanna burden you with this but its on my mind a lot. on a side note her dad did buy a very cool old model t car which i thought was neat.

You should try and move on from this, designing and building exceptional things is rightly expensive, else they would not be exceptional, and without them we'll stagnate and artistic evolution will end. There will be technology and design cues on this car that will make it's way to bread and butter transport we'll all benefit from, and it's the same with everything high end electronics, watches, buildings. The wealthy pay we benefit later on. Up ward and on,

You should try and move on from this, designing and building exceptional things is rightly expensive, else they would not be exceptional, and without them we'll stagnate and artistic evolution will end. There will be technology and design cues on this car that will make it's way to bread and butter transport we'll all benefit from, and it's the same with everything high end electronics, watches, buildings. The wealthy pay we benefit later on. Up ward and on,

honestly im really really trying to but its been so hard because of peripheral consequences. im very very very close with my family and its hard for me to do anything that they disapprove of or that might alienate them from me. its not so much me but how theyll react to me, and my child, and the distance i feel will be the result which breaks my heart. i donthave any problems with wealthy people myself. thanks for at least replying as most dont even wanna hear me talk about it. i had no experience with money growing up so im trying to figure it all out on my own all at once and its been hard for me. its changed my identity and how old friends think of me and i know that reflects poorly on them but its hard to accept just the same and makes sad. im working on it and i think once i have to start teaching my child how to live and start being an example to it ill just have to cut and be done with it. maybe it wont be as bad as i think it will.

seriously thanks for any encouragement on this cause im struggling with it and it needs to end like now. really it needed to end a while ago. ill stop whining now billy. thanks again man

i agree about the design stuff and about the driving to target bit. i myself just always think "i could be spending this money on food or shelter for someone that would probably make me feel better than any car would". the car would probably just make me feel worse about myself. i come from a place where millionaires and billionaires pretend that they dont have money and drive old pickups which i always thought was a good example of conviction and resistance of ego which is important to me. rachel has finally convinced me to buy a new bmw next year and im kinda sick about it though im honestly afraid to tell her. conflicted really. shes used to having money as she comes from a family with money who now has even more and im form a place where they might not let me back in if i show up in a bmw but if tell her i dont like stuff like that she takes it as a judgement on her and her family members so im not in a good spot on the issue of money with her. were also about to have a child and i think thats gonna be an issue because i think im gonna raise that child to be against ostentatious uses of money and this is gonna be a huge huge problem as shes gonna take it again as me turning her child against her and her side of the family. we already cant have family functions together as the two sides dont get along at all and just fight (and i mean physically). ive been struggling with this problem for the last few years now and its been weighing on me but its hard to even ask peoples opinion as its a conversation most dont wanna have. sorry i dont wanna burden you with this but its on my mind a lot. on a side note her dad did buy a very cool old model t car which i thought was neat.

You buy your car 39c5beaafd, strap the kids in and enjoy it. You may well be surprised how your family and friends react they may well even accept you for being you, even with your exceptional new found good taste, especially when you tell them how much the monthly payments are on it, and it's no more expensive than a Focus. Then find yourself a nice watch no less than 2000 dollars, I love watches, in fact have a look for one now on the net lets see what you fancy, post it.

- - - Updated - - -

CG post a Watch lets see what you like.

You buy your car 39c5beaafd, strap the kids in and enjoy it. You may well be surprised how your family and friends react they may well even accept you for being you, even with your exceptional new found good taste, especially when you tell them how much the monthly payments are on it, and it's no more expensive than a Focus. Then find yourself a nice watch no less than 2000 dollars, I love watches, in fact have a look for one now on the net lets see what you fancy, post it.

- - - Updated - - -

its what im gonna have to do but i know how theyre gonna react as they are extremely vocal about it any time i see them. theyre communal hippies and activists and redneck dead heads. there also wont be any payments as well just buy outright and be done with it. they really did get into a fight at the backyard cookout as they made comments about the outside kitchen and fire pit thing they set up. it was the water proof big screen that i think did it specifically. i myself am fine with her familys money as they and she can do what they like, makes me uncomfortable but i got over that as theyre all great people imo but my family wont and my parents will still come see me for the grand kid even if other relatives wont but it wont be the same and itll break my heart to no end. theyll make comments in front of my child and will just be mean and im gonna loose my temper as im wont to do and itll bad. so life goes i suppose. i dont mean to go on about it either but it weighs on me. ill stop now. as for watches ive never worn one until recently. my wife got me a working elgin pocket watch from 1902 i think and its pretty cool. ill take a look for one now and see what i like but itll be purely for the look of it as i know nothing about them. im playing serious catch up on my knowledge of merchandise. thanks for the encouragement though. to many peole think im trying to brag when im really just filled with dread and gloom about the whole thing. alright off to look at watches. dont laugh at my choice though (kidding).

- - - Updated - - -

as requested here one i thought was nice. many of the pricier ones were just to busy for me. this one was around five i think and was chosen purely on appearance. if i was gonna spend more than that it would be because of the history aspect of the watch vs the quality of it as ive no idea.

606134_thumb.jpg

whatd you think of it. you seem pretty knowledgeable about watches

as requested here one i thought was nice. many of the pricier ones were just to busy for me. this one was around five i think and was chosen purely on appearance. if i was gonna spend more than that it would be because of the history aspect of the watch vs the quality of it as ive no idea.

606134_thumb.jpg

whatd you think of it. you seem pretty knowledgeable about watches

its what im gonna have to do but i know how theyre gonna react as they are extremely vocal about it any time i see them. theyre communal hippies and activists and redneck dead heads. there also wont be any payments as well just buy outright and be done with it. they really did get into a fight at the backyard cookout as they made comments about the outside kitchen and fire pit thing they set up. it was the water proof big screen that i think did it specifically. i myself am fine with her familys money as they and she can do what they like, makes me uncomfortable but i got over that as theyre all great people imo but my family wont and my parents will still come see me for the grand kid even if other relatives wont but it wont be the same and itll break my heart to no end. theyll make comments in front of my child and will just be mean and im gonna loose my temper as im wont to do and itll bad. so life goes i suppose. i dont mean to go on about it either but it weighs on me. ill stop now. as for watches ive never worn one until recently. my wife got me a working elgin pocket watch from 1902 i think and its pretty cool. ill take a look for one now and see what i like but itll be purely for the look of it as i know nothing about them. im playing serious catch up on my knowledge of merchandise. thanks for the encouragement though. to many peole think im trying to brag when im really just filled with dread and gloom about the whole thing. alright off to look at watches. dont laugh at my choice though (kidding).

It sounds like your families reasonings are ethical rather than just I'm never going to have so lets smash it up idiocy, which is fine and has probably set your thinking on many things you probably can't do much about that, and it's not worth getting hung up over, just be aware other peoples views aren't necessarily wrong. A BMW can be a sensible purchase not just a statement, I'm a car dealer and at an auction this week was impressed to see a Kia sportage that was 4 years old and sold originally for £20,100 make £14000 when the hammer fell, the day after I gave £5,500 for an 5 year old astra that was same cost new. Kia Sportage sensible purchase (4 years ago).

Same can be said for higher end watches, see pic of the Omega Seamaster I bought ten years ago £1,200. It's been worn everyday virtually, never missed a beat, keeps perfect time, and because of the quality of materials used looks as good today as then sapphire glass is unmarked as is the bezel and body, and I love it, because of the way high end watches are marketed, never discounted catalogue price increased 5-10% a year, my watch is worth today pretty much what i gave for it. A seamaster today £2200.

I didn't mean to reduce this thread to pounds / shillings and pence just trying to help make sense of the apparent madness of some choices people make so you can justify stuff to yourself having said all that you'd blow your bollocks in if you bought that horrible Movado. 2015-03-05 08.08.24.jpg

It sounds like your families reasonings are ethical rather than just I'm never going to have so lets smash it up idiocy, which is fine and has probably set your thinking on many things you probably can't do much about that, and it's not worth getting hung up over, just be aware other peoples views aren't necessarily wrong. A BMW can be a sensible purchase not just a statement, I'm a car dealer and at an auction this week was impressed to see a Kia sportage that was 4 years old and sold originally for £20,100 make £14000 when the hammer fell, the day after I gave £5,500 for an 5 year old astra that was same cost new. Kia Sportage sensible purchase (4 years ago).

Same can be said for higher end watches, see pic of the Omega Seamaster I bought ten years ago £1,200. It's been worn everyday virtually, never missed a beat, keeps perfect time, and because of the quality of materials used looks as good today as then sapphire glass is unmarked as is the bezel and body, and I love it, because of the way high end watches are marketed, never discounted catalogue price increased 5-10% a year, my watch is worth today pretty much what i gave for it. A seamaster today £2200.

I didn't mean to reduce this thread to pounds / shillings and pence just trying to help make sense of the apparent madness of some choices people make so you can justify stuff to yourself having said all that you'd blow your bollocks in if you bought that horrible Movado. View attachment 33753

no feel free to reduce. my degree is pretty much about how people make personal decisions and what macro trends influence that process so im very interested and yeah my family is full of righteous conviction which at times im very very proud of but at times i wish they could maybe calm down a bit, especially when my child is born. its also messed with my head a bit but thats my issue. i dont know anything about cars but when i looked at the bmws they had kinda an old world charm to there appearance and thats all my decision is gonna be based on. ill find one with maybe ten k in mileage to reduce the price just enough to get the best deal i can and just be done with it. im not planning on making any statement with my car and will never clean it or anything of the sort as a sort of passive anti statement. i probably wont even put rims on it or anything such. as for watches it seemed like the pricier they got the busier the design got which kinda bugs me which why i went with the above. i think im more a pockets watch kinda guy. i put up a pic of the one i got for christmas if you saw. you might like it if you like older pocket watches.

Back
Top Bottom