Study shows Smiths fans are “neurotic"- Pitchfork, BrooklynVegan, NME articles

Smiths Fans Are “Neurotic,” Björk Fans Are “Open,” Study Shows - Pitchfork

"Science has spoken: If you’re a fan of The Smiths, you're probably neurotic. If you're a Björk or Tom Waits fan, you're more likely to be an open to new experiences. And if you're a Marilyn Manson fan, you're probably not very agreeable. This is all according to a 2015 study of Facebook "likes" conducted by Stanford University and Cambridge University's Psychometrics Center, recently highlighted by The New York Times in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica scandal."

42664_42658_smiths-fans.png

Smiths fans are neurotic say Facebook researchers - Brooklyn Vegan

"The examples of “likes” which predicted someone was likely to be “Most Neurotic” were all bands: The Smiths, Placebo, Marilyn Manson, Escape the Fate, and Bring Me the Horizon. The “Least Neurotic” likes, however, were all sports-related: ESPN, its show SportsCenter, plus Derrick Rose, The Miami Heat, and football (the general sport). This would probably not be a surprise to Morrissey who once sang, “Please excuse me from gym, I have a terrible cold coming on,” on The Smiths’ “The Headmaster Ritual.”"

Neurotic? Moi!?
Regards,
FWD.

Shoplifterromo sends the link:

The Smiths and Bring Me The Horizon fans are the “most neurotic”, study finds - NME

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus, he DOES NOT say he was INFLUENCED by NO, he is a hero like Bowie or Pink Floyd is a hero, if he met Roger Waters at the urinal, one of his heroes, would that mean he was influenced by him? If he met Macca??

Very difficult to get sense into the NO super fans....:lbf:

Not a super fan just a neighbour of the singer, as i said in my earlier post, read the text underneath the video. I don't normally like to make people look foolish but with you I will make an exception and you deserve it - see you later you f***ing moron

The Killers were hugely influenced by the Manchester legends, taking their name from a New Order video and covering the classic song Shadowplay by their predecessors Joy Division.

You advice is to avoid them? What?:crazy:
That's the problem the avoidance of their so called music by aficionados of good music. Even those who don't like good music avoid them. The guy from J cant even afford a wig after his not so promising career went straight downward. He gives dancing lessons.....the indignity.

They bite the big one:roundpushpin:
He's had more of a life than all of us combined on here, that's for sure. A real fighter that survived cancer and I doubt any real man needs a wig or real hair for that matter. I prefer a clean shaved head to any hair that is not full like it used to be or has gone grey making it look Svinto.

Men should take better care of themselves and dye their hair more cause if you just let it be you might as well be better off without it and enjoy those women who long for real men that don't need a comb and a mirror and girly things like shampoo.

Oh the horror!

He's had more of a life than all of us combined on here, that's for sure. A real fighter that survived cancer and I doubt any real man needs a wig or real hair for that matter. I prefer a clean shaved head to any hair that is not full like it used to be or has gone grey making it look Svinto.

Men should take better care of themselves and dye their hair more cause if you just let it be you might as well be better off without it and enjoy those women who long for real men that don't need a comb and a mirror and girly things like shampoo.

Oh the horror!

What?????? Men should take better care of their hair so they can get women who don't like men with hair???
That reminds me of your crony who says NO is a huge influence on the Killers because they covered a Joy Division song. It may be you both are the same person, you both 'think' the same way, if you can call incoherency 'thinking'.

Nobody likes to be a cue ball. You both should quit listening to New Order, neither can afford the loss of brain cells. Besides, they pretty much suck.:roundpushpin:

I will let Brandon respond to your nonsense. Read the text below the video and then f*** off you complete f***ing dick head.

http://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/the-killers/news/brandon-flowers-very-close-encounter-hero/

Dude, the person(s) you are arguing with is/are "immune to your consultations," to facts, proof, evidence, and critical thinking. You're having a shouting match with a loony. All that does is make you look loony, too.
If it helps, you are correct. It's difficult to deny the ongoing popularity of New Order. But you're not going to win.
They used the term "worse than Bowie" which describes almost all music.

I'm not here to rain on anyone's little parade, but I have to say this simply because it's true, factual, and verified. The Killers had a good song once and they've certainly made the most of it. I don't think about them enough to call them overrated but I'd say they are incredibly lucky.

What?????? Men should take better care of their hair so they can get women who don't like men with hair???
That reminds me of your crony who says NO is a huge influence on the Killers because they covered a Joy Division song. It may be you both are the same person, you both 'think' the same way, if you can call incoherency 'thinking'.

Nobody likes to be a cue ball. You both should quit listening to New Order, neither can afford the loss of brain cells. Besides, they pretty much suck.:roundpushpin:
You will never have any success and that hurts you big time. You've danced more to Hooky's bass than you dare to admit.

Informative evennow. Is this a tiket only affair or is anyone welcome? I'm free between 2pm to 5pm on Sunday. Hope it goes well, anyway.

Don't worry my child no ticket required. You are included as are all that believe and even some that don't. Neurotics and non-neurotics are all welcome. Smith's and Bjork fans both. All that I ask is this:

schmidt-me.gif

Not for all the suffering I endured, but rather for all the inane posts I have read here throughout the years. The cross is looking pretty good to me right now. ;)

Last edited:
You will never have any success and that hurts you big time. You've danced more to Hooky's bass than you dare to admit.

Did I actually read "New Orders ongoing popularity" ???:laughing:
Have you lost your mind? A total loon calling people with good taste loons.
That's the story of NO fans. Hookys bass was probably a computer LOL
NO couldn't even raise the hundred pounds or so needed to pay him off, took them years.
Killers, NO and J all suck :roundpushpin: all day long. NO popular, that takes the:birthdaycake:

No I guess I wont ever have NO type of success LOL 10 albums sold a month.

I'm not here to rain on anyone's little parade, but I have to say this simply because it's true, factual, and verified. The Killers had a good song once and they've certainly made the most of it. I don't think about them enough to call them overrated but I'd say they are incredibly lucky.

:straightface:
Wait, you say that NO is killer and the Killers suck. But according to your buddy, the one you were defending and giving advice a second ago, Killers are heavily influenced by NO. If A is 90 percent B and B sucks then A pretty much sucks too. Ask Skinny who knows everything. Therefore if Killers suck NO is going to be sucky too.

:straightface:
Wait, you say that NO is killer and the Killers suck. But according to your buddy, the one you were defending and giving advice a second ago, Killers are heavily influenced by NO. If A is 90 percent B and B sucks then A pretty much sucks too. Ask Skinny who knows everything. Therefore if Killers suck NO is going to be sucky too.
anigif_sub-buzz-12737-1472725275-15.gif

NO couldn't even raise the hundred pounds or so needed to pay him off, took them years.
Killers, NO and J all suck :roundpushpin: all day long. NO popular, that takes the:birthdaycake:

I will leave this here but rather odd that a band can sell out The Hollywood Bowl (capacity 17500) and The Greek Theatre in Berkley (capacity 8500) less than 12 months ago and now are so unpopular that they can't raise £100 to pay off Peter Hook. However people with an education will easily be able to see that they actually made £7.4 million over the lsat 4 years. Not bad for a band who aren't very popular.

Adios Vegan - you clearly are the dumbest, weirdest thing ever to post on Morrissey Solo.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...-order-claiming-they-pillaged-the-groups-name

We already established that Goldfrapp sold the tickets. No Goldfrapp no tickets sold.
Goldfrapp, despite the fact they suck, are way more popular with the hipster
crowd than NO that are considered old fogeys.
This has already been established several posts back.:sunglasses:
Read your beloved NME(rip) that reported on the ongoing pay off of Hook,
years in the making over 100 pounds worth of t shirts.

We also have established that if the Killers suck, as they do, and were heavily influenced by the NO
suckiness, then they both suck. All this has been established.

Envy is very entertaining. I say good luck to ya when it comes to your plans to turn your fave artist Miley Cyrus into an artist that will influence music like the Manc bands and artists did.
Your generation sucks so hard it won't even get a mention in history books 100 years from now.
"What happened here then?"
"Nothing, we can not see anything of worth here it is completely dark"

Envy is very entertaining. I say good luck to ya when it comes to your plans to turn your fave artist Miley Cyrus into an artist that will influence music like the Manc bands and artists did.
Your generation sucks so hard it won't even get a mention in history books 100 years from now.
"What happened here then?"
"Nothing, we can not see anything of worth here it is completely dark"

NO aren't mentioned in history books NOW. So far, the only band you have
made the claim for NO influence is the Killers which you yourself said
sucked big time. :clap:

NO aren't mentioned in history books NOW. So far, the only band you have
made the claim for NO influence is the Killers which you yourself said
sucked big time. :clap:
You cannot even talk music without your hate objects popping up. Everyone loves them and adores them all over the world.

This is a song they made about you:

What are you talking about, only tiny segment is even aware who
New Order is. Of that tiny number the overwhelming majority think
they :roundpushpin:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom