Study shows Smiths fans are “neurotic"- Pitchfork, BrooklynVegan, NME articles

Smiths Fans Are “Neurotic,” Björk Fans Are “Open,” Study Shows - Pitchfork

"Science has spoken: If you’re a fan of The Smiths, you're probably neurotic. If you're a Björk or Tom Waits fan, you're more likely to be an open to new experiences. And if you're a Marilyn Manson fan, you're probably not very agreeable. This is all according to a 2015 study of Facebook "likes" conducted by Stanford University and Cambridge University's Psychometrics Center, recently highlighted by The New York Times in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica scandal."

42664_42658_smiths-fans.png

Smiths fans are neurotic say Facebook researchers - Brooklyn Vegan

"The examples of “likes” which predicted someone was likely to be “Most Neurotic” were all bands: The Smiths, Placebo, Marilyn Manson, Escape the Fate, and Bring Me the Horizon. The “Least Neurotic” likes, however, were all sports-related: ESPN, its show SportsCenter, plus Derrick Rose, The Miami Heat, and football (the general sport). This would probably not be a surprise to Morrissey who once sang, “Please excuse me from gym, I have a terrible cold coming on,” on The Smiths’ “The Headmaster Ritual.”"

Neurotic? Moi!?
Regards,
FWD.

Shoplifterromo sends the link:

The Smiths and Bring Me The Horizon fans are the “most neurotic”, study finds - NME

Last edited by a moderator:
My knowledge on internet?

Your English is appalling for someone who is, well, proud to be English.

Can the two of you get a room? All you're doing is exposing your hypocrisy. You follow him around trying desperately to make some witty insult and, at least in my opinion, you only ever come off as a very confused person. When you're not following him around making your little remarks you're trying to gain the sympathy of online strangers because of some time in the past when he has hurt your feelings. You're clearly a deeply wounded individual but it's not his fault. You were "born this way."
If you actually didn't want contact with him you would cease responding and quit playing detective. You so clearly want to appear intelligent. I'd guess you were either neglected by your parents or bullied at school. You should get some therapy. You claim to believe in psychology as a science but you clearly haven't done any work on yourself.
Maybe just get yourself a big dildo, like a really big one, name it "URBANUS" and work out this deep-seated issue on your own time.
c30d222074678485f9b58402f94c60da.jpg

He calls me Urbanus should I feel ashamed or flattered?

“No, psychology is not based on anything science can approve of.........blah, blah, blah”

I’m going to have to disagree with you on this one, and your previous statements. B F Skinner is surely rolling over in his grave. Using 12”s definition of scientific method above, which more than works for me, Behaviorism absolutely qualifies as a science. Anyone who has ever trained a dog or disciplined a child understands the easy to observe, and quantify, results of positive and negative reinfircement. I’d be more than happy to demonstrate with you as I could have you drooling like Pavlov’s dog in no time.

Last edited:
Qualifies is not enough, it has to be approved as such and it never will be for reasons only those that studied what it takes will know.

Stick Pavlov and his dog up your communist arsehole, sideways please!

Stick Pavlov and his dog up your communist arsehole, sideways please!

Ouch! Sounds like that would hurt! Think that one would qualify as negative reinforcement. I’ll go ahead and it to that column of the scientific, psychological profile I’m conducting on you. Anything pleasant to say that would make me want to talk with you again? It would even things out on your chart.....just saying.

Can the two of you get a room? All you're doing is exposing your hypocrisy. You follow him around trying desperately to make some witty insult and, at least in my opinion, you only ever come off as a very confused person. When you're not following him around making your little remarks you're trying to gain the sympathy of online strangers because of some time in the past when he has hurt your feelings. You're clearly a deeply wounded individual but it's not his fault. You were "born this way."
If you actually didn't want contact with him you would cease responding and quit playing detective. You so clearly want to appear intelligent. I'd guess you were either neglected by your parents or bullied at school. You should get some therapy. You claim to believe in psychology as a science but you clearly haven't done any work on yourself.
Maybe just get yourself a big dildo, like a really big one, name it "URBANUS" and work out this deep-seated issue on your own time.

I never sleep night before I travel and this really made my night when packing my gear and that. I'd rather have his name on it than mine.

The irony of a twice banned member - clearly not wanted here yet hanging around like a bad smell, reduced to comedy alts - “diagnosing” others with unhealthy fixations and telling them to learn to shut up.

Couldn’t make this shit up…

Ouch! Sounds like that would hurt! Think that one would qualify as negative reinforcement. I’ll go ahead and it to that column of the scientific, psychological profile I’m conducting on you. Anything pleasant to say that would make me want to talk with you again? It would even things out on your chart.....just saying.

Or a fun Saturday night, I guess it is all how you look at it. In the words of one the greatest female artists of all time "communists (need love too)."

Or a fun Saturday night, I guess it is all how you look at it. In the words of one the greatest female artists of all time "communists (need love too)."

Think it was the “sideways” direction that gave me pause......

Don’t know that quote. Is it Kahlo on Trotsky?

Think it was the “sideways” direction that gave me pause......

Don’t know that quote. Is it Kahlo on Trotsky?

Samantha Fox pop star extraordinaire of course! Not really a quote, more of an anthem entitled Naughty Girls (need love too). Referencing how that anon referred to you as a communist. I would imagine this is not true, nor that you could perform the physical feet he suggested. :D

Samantha Fox pop star extraordinaire of course! Not really a quote, more of an anthem entitled Naughty Girls (need love too). Referencing how that anon referred to you as a communist. I would imagine this is not true, nor that you could perform the physical feet he suggested. :D

Wow! That was really something. Just watched the video. Not sure how it had managed to evade my consciousness for so long. And one of those things that once seen, cannot be unseen!

If Traci Lords can crossover to a new career, Samantha Fox is just as entitled. She seems to have a lot of, um, fans, judging by the comments. And FYI, someone was petitioning you for forgiveness, there, too. I know this tends to be a busy week for you though, historically speaking.

I remember when Samantha Fox reviewed 'The Boy......' She said Morrissey sounded as though he was in pain when he did his yodelling at the end. But I think Morrissey had slated her a few weeks before.

Wow! That was really something. Just watched the video. Not sure how it had managed to evade my consciousness for so long. And one of those things that once seen, cannot be unseen!

If Traci Lords can crossover to a new career, Samantha Fox is just as entitled. She seems to have a lot of, um, fans, judging by the comments. And FYI, someone was petitioning you for forgiveness, there, too. I know this tends to be a busy week for you though, historically speaking.

Yes, it is. I am actually working Friday and Saturday, but have Sunday off as I have a resurrection to attend.

Yes, it is. I am actually working Friday and Saturday, but have Sunday off as I have a resurrection to attend.
Informative evennow. Is this a tiket only affair or is anyone welcome? I'm free between 2pm to 5pm on Sunday. Hope it goes well, anyway.

Skinner was a twat and behaviorism is no different than Scientology.

PS someone should shrink up not Moz fans, but "James" and "New Order" fans, who have absolutely no sense of reality.

Skinner was a twat and behaviorism is no different than Scientology.

PS someone should shrink up not Moz fans, but "James" and "New Order" fans, who have absolutely no sense of reality.
Never been a fan of bands and artists but I enjoyed a few but I sincerely doubt anyone in 2018 still call themselves fans of New Order and James. Many would claim they were fans but I don't think there are any around these days.

It fascinates me that so many people all over the world idolise Manchester bands but because they hate the place they pretend they don't as a way to distance themselves from the whole thing. A bit like those Moz but not Smiths fans and vice versa.

This is all a non issue and how anyone can raise their blood pressure over it is beyond me. Maybe it is time some got a life and real issues.

Never been a fan of bands and artists but I enjoyed a few but I sincerely doubt anyone in 2018 still call themselves fans of New Order and James. Many would claim they were fans but I don't think there are any around these days.

It fascinates me that so many people all over the world idolise Manchester bands but because they hate the place they pretend they don't as a way to distance themselves from the whole thing. A bit like those Moz but not Smiths fans and vice versa.

This is all a non issue and how anyone can raise their blood pressure over it is beyond me. Maybe it is time some got a life and real issues.

Thats what I say, F James and NO, they are yesterdays news and irrelevant. But there are 3 specimens here on this site that think they still are the Bees Knees. Thats why their cerebellum should be examined.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom