Study shows Smiths fans are “neurotic"- Pitchfork, BrooklynVegan, NME articles

Smiths Fans Are “Neurotic,” Björk Fans Are “Open,” Study Shows - Pitchfork

"Science has spoken: If you’re a fan of The Smiths, you're probably neurotic. If you're a Björk or Tom Waits fan, you're more likely to be an open to new experiences. And if you're a Marilyn Manson fan, you're probably not very agreeable. This is all according to a 2015 study of Facebook "likes" conducted by Stanford University and Cambridge University's Psychometrics Center, recently highlighted by The New York Times in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica scandal."

42664_42658_smiths-fans.png

Smiths fans are neurotic say Facebook researchers - Brooklyn Vegan

"The examples of “likes” which predicted someone was likely to be “Most Neurotic” were all bands: The Smiths, Placebo, Marilyn Manson, Escape the Fate, and Bring Me the Horizon. The “Least Neurotic” likes, however, were all sports-related: ESPN, its show SportsCenter, plus Derrick Rose, The Miami Heat, and football (the general sport). This would probably not be a surprise to Morrissey who once sang, “Please excuse me from gym, I have a terrible cold coming on,” on The Smiths’ “The Headmaster Ritual.”"

Neurotic? Moi!?
Regards,
FWD.

Shoplifterromo sends the link:

The Smiths and Bring Me The Horizon fans are the “most neurotic”, study finds - NME

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this for real???

What a load of bollock toss! For the record i have never ever signed up to eternal facebook slavery, I am by no means neurotic, I have always had the view that the vast majority of Smiths/Moz fans are of good intellect and taste. FICKBOOK speak for themselves not for me or many many others!

FACEBOOK IS NOT THE WORLD!

Jason

Is this for real???

What a load of bollock toss! For the record i have never ever signed up to eternal facebook slavery, I am by no means neurotic, I have always had the view that the vast majority of Smiths/Moz fans are of good intellect and taste. FICKBOOK speak for themselves not for me or many many others!

FACEBOOK IS NOT THE WORLD!

Jason

Right you are, Jason.
If we have established anything is that the New Order
fan may be the one suffering from a variety of different
neuroses. Delusions of Grandeur: By the GRACE OF GOD
they are the GREATEST BAND EVER IN HISTORY!!
EVERYONE IN THE WORLD KNOWS NEW ORDER!!
:crazy:

In reality their name comes up when the subject of
:roundpushpin: bands comes up.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom