"Studio in Session" TV show information?

status

I can't find the old thread on this topic so I'm afraid I have to make a new one. Sorry if I'm doing something wrong! I'm more of a lurker than a poster.

I remembered how a few months ago there was a news thing about Morrissey and Tony Visconti recording something together for a MTV show. So I started looking it up, but I can't find a whole lot of information. There's a bit, though. More than there was a few months ago, and I thought that was interesting enough to make a thread about.

The show's Studio in Session and a small description of it is on this website.

Here's a page on it from Superchannel which I gather is a Canadian television channel or something? From what I can see the episode was actually aired and should be available on demand, if you're Canadian and happen to have Superchannel on demand (which I don't and as such I honestly have no idea if it's actually there or not because of the complete and utter lack of information.)

And here's a thing from bell.ca which looks like it'd let you watch online if you're a paying customer, and another thing from vod.shaw.ca and that's really all I can find on this show.

Two descriptions of the show... and specifically episode #1, which is the one that has Morrissey in it:

Each week three great sets of musicians come into three recording studios, and record a selection of their latest tracks. This episode features Morrissey, Foster the People, and Alice Gold.

These are stripped back, simple, live performances which celebrate foregrounding the artists and their music – no audience, no hype, no interviews – just well produced, great sounding, beautiful performances. This episode features performances by Morrissey, Foster the People, and Alice Gold.

I can't find any information on it anywhere else. So, uh... does anyone know anything about this? If it's actually been broadcast, or if it will be on another channel? I'm very interested to see it, but there's not a whole lot of information out there. Posting in the hopes that somebody might be able to access it through their cable or something!

I can't find the old thread on this topic so I'm afraid I have to make a new one. Sorry if I'm doing something wrong! I'm more of a lurker than a poster.

I remembered how a few months ago there was a news thing about Morrissey and Tony Visconti recording something together for a MTV show. So I started looking it up, but I can't find a whole lot of information. There's a bit, though. More than there was a few months ago, and I thought that was interesting enough to make a thread about.

The show's Studio in Session and a small description of it is on this website.

Here's a page on it from Superchannel which I gather is a Canadian television channel or something? From what I can see the episode was actually aired and should be available on demand, if you're Canadian and happen to have Superchannel on demand (which I don't and as such I honestly have no idea if it's actually there or not because of the complete and utter lack of information.)

And here's a thing from bell.ca which looks like it'd let you watch online if you're a paying customer, and another thing from vod.shaw.ca and that's really all I can find on this show.

Two descriptions of the show... and specifically episode #1, which is the one that has Morrissey in it:

I can't find any information on it anywhere else. So, uh... does anyone know anything about this? If it's actually been broadcast, or if it will be on another channel? I'm very interested to see it, but there's not a whole lot of information out there. Posting in the hopes that somebody might be able to access it through their cable or something!

No way has it aired. It is an MTV show...if they haven't released anything concerning it, I wouldn't worry about possibly missing it.

Back
Top Bottom