"Studio in Session" recorded in July 2011 in-flight, on Canadian Super Channel

Yup! I've heard of it, it's called "Studio in Session". I made a thread about it a few months ago but apparently nobody knew anything, there was only one reply and then it was forgotten forever. It's available to watch a few places online if you have a subscription to a certain cable channel in Canada.

54498434.jpg

There's a link to watch it online here. And another one here and here. I've been hoping somebody would come around who could watch it and perhaps post it online for everyone to see, but nobody has yet... maybe this time there'll be some luck. I'm interested in seeing it, anyway.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering what he'd play on it.

I've just been on some Emirates flights betwwen UK - Dubai and Hong Kong and they are available on those flights.

Sessions are pretty good, really enjoyed it. Foster the People and Alice Gold also sound great.

Bootleg that shit!

-twiddles thumbs-

.... would love to get a copy of this... how can it happen peoples? ~Frost

It's going to be hard to get it from a plane! The seats I was in have 3 pin plugs for the audio as I did think about ripping the audio but I didn't have a cable to do the job.

Wasn't think broadcast / available in Canada?

There is a funny joke at the end of the show where the producer asks Morrissey if he wants to hit the gong (metal drum) which is to be recorded, and Morrissey has a funny response (I don't want to spoil the joke).

A good family friend of mine watched this on Rogers Cable "On Demand" in Canada (she lives near Vancouver), and transcribed the joke at the end for me.Actually, I'm not sure I'd call it a joke as much as a wry musing, but anyway here it is:

Tony Visconti (to Morrissey): "The gong is going to be an overdub. Do you want to hit it?"

Morrissey: "No, I never lower myself to the position of musician." (chuckles)

Tony: "But I've seen you hit the gong before!"

Morrissey: "Only once. But it wasn't recorded."

---end scene---

By the way, she said they put it back into their "on demand" rotation at the middle of June, and it is available again until July 30th.

If there are any Rogers subscribers reading this, here is the link: http://www.rogersondemand.com/tvshows/studio_in_session/studio_in_session_8

Last edited:
Hi all,

A good family friend of mine watched this on Rogers Cable Demand in Canada (she lives near Vancouver), and transcribed the joke at the end for me.Actually, I'm not sure I'd call it a joke as much as a wry musing, but anyway here it is:

Tony Visconti (to Morrissey): "The gong is going to be an overdub. Do you want to hit it?"

Morrissey: "No, I never lower myself to the position of musician." (chuckles)

Tony: "But I've seen you hit the gong before!"

Morrissey: "Only once. But it wasn't recorded."

By the way, she said they put it back into their "on demand" rotation at the beginning of June, and it is available again until July 30th.

Thanks for the transcription.

It's good to know there are still more opportunities for someone to record it and upload it, but I'm not holding my breath. Seems it would have happened by now.

Here's a screen shot sent to me by my Canadian friend. It's from the opening vignette while Morrissey is waiting for the studio to be set up before recording:
7518041112_2eef460eb3_z.jpg

Last edited:
Will she be sending you a rip of this?
I wish. When I say "family friend", I mean an older Hungarian lady in her 60's. She's been friends with my Mom for ages, and knows my music obsessions, so she didn't mind with the transcription and screen shot (with her younger son's help).
That son is in law enforcement, however, and they politely declined to rip the stream. I'm guessing they are afraid of getting in trouble in terms of the copyright issues.

Last edited:
Here's a screen shot sent to me by my Canadian friend. It's from the opening vignette while Morrissey is waiting for the studio to be set up before recording:
7518041112_2eef460eb3_z.jpg

Beeeeeautiful!

I wish. When I say "family friend", I mean an older Hungarian lady in her 60's. She's been friends with my Mom for ages, and knows my music obsessions, so she didn't mind with the transcription and screen shot (with her younger son's help).
That son is in law enforcement, however, and they politely declined to rip the stream. I'm guessing they are afraid of getting in trouble in terms of the copyright issues.

Thanks for all this, Giselle. It was good of you to go to such lengths in chasing after it...

I've been busy with work and other things, and forgot to post these here. My Vancouver friend sent me two more screen grabs from this elusive video last week. I asked her to please get some good shots, as I wrote (begged) in my email to her, "something cute/quirky":o and I think she (and her son) delivered. Enjoy!:guitar:

The top one shows one of the Moz crew (mustachioed guy?) fanning Morrissey during a break, as the studio is in a hot basement.

7589145012_753b772f62_z.jpg

And in this next one, while in the recording booth, Morrissey is listening to critique/feedback from Tony V. Rather skeptically, from the looks of it.

7533388680_a7e27d14f0.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom