Stuck in a lift with Moz - wot to say?

Wild Oscar

Born-again Atheist
OK, it's not much of a question, but Karen Taylor of BBC TV's 'Touch Me, I'm Karen Taylor' and formerly of ITV's 'Sketch Show' of a few years ago was asked in a local newspaper interview, who she'd most like to be stuck in a lift with, and she came up with our man.

Trouble is, she then said she wouldn't know what to say to him! As a back-up, I suppose, she then said it would be Tom Cruise, to see how short he really is, which loses a few brownie points, I'm sure, with a few of us.

I know it's a similar question to past postings, but what would you talk about if in that predicament/paradise?

Have a normal conversation.

He's just a person. If you put him on a pedastal it is impossible to actually make a connection or have a real conversation. As soon as you acknowledge who he is (or any famous person) you have forced them to put all their defence mechanisms up. They probably already have them up. You have to disarm them. There are two types of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and see someone and go "There you are." and the type that walk in and go "Here I am."

I personally would probalby make some sort of a situational comment like...

"Hey, I really like that jacket, where is it from?" (or something that I truly meant.)

"It's Armani, I bought it in New York."

"Wow, it's really sharp. Hi, I'm Jimmy." offer a hand shake.

"I'm Morrissey. Nice to meet you."

"Are you from New York?"

etc, etc, etc

Obviously if you wanted an autograph and a picture you'd have to ask for that and completely sways the balance of value in his favour and you will have a very hard time becoming more than just another in the many thousands of people he's done that with.

Well, it would depend first if he got onto the lift first or I did. Logistics. I know I'd be smiling to myself standing side by side (who wouldn't) but if he got on first I'm afraid I'd have a sharp intake of breath. Then again, if I got on, I'd have a sharp intake of breath as well. :p But if we were suddenly stuck, I would try to be as matter of fact as possible- trying to figure a way to get out. He is, after all, a human being, and I would try like hell not to get all star struck. I'd probably ask him if he had a cell phone (I'm always losing mine) But if my heart gave in, I really would just acknowledge the obvious, and tell him thank you in a heartfelt manner. ( I took, "stuck in a lift* literally, meaning, the lift suddenly stopped due to malfunction.) Oh well. If we were in the lift, I'd just smile, and thank him. I'd probably get teary eyed. It's easy to say you'd treat him as a normal human being, but the magnitude of the situation would be overwhelming for most fans. (I hate that word.)

Last edited:
I wouldn't say anything. I'd reach over and hold his hand.

I'd freak out.

Not from being stuck with Morrissey, more on the fact my claustrophobia would kick in and I'd start freaking out.

If I wasn't freaking out I'd just try to hold a normal conversation. that's all I could do, haha.

In all thruthiness, I'd probably grab a leg and refuse to let go.
The only words that would come out would likely be "NUH UH!" and "You'll need the jaws of life to get rid of me."

I bet most of you would do the same, stop lying.

Was it cool? :)

yeah it was good,i had to turn my cell off which was annoying,i wanted a few pics but it was cool,then he went over to the big hall for his fancy private dinner with the big donors.
i was really thinking i wouldnt volunteer for the general election but now im gonna be in new hampshire for a few weekends in the fall.:rolleyes::p
anyone want to join me.?
anyways i wont hijack the thread any longer.

in all honesty if i was in an elevator with morrissey i would more than likely be trying not too look or say anything,i would more than likely just crumble to the floor like i did the other times i met him haha.

Have a normal conversation.

He's just a person. If you put him on a pedastal it is impossible to actually make a connection or have a real conversation. As soon as you acknowledge who he is (or any famous person) you have forced them to put all their defence mechanisms up. They probably already have them up. You have to disarm them. There are two types of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and see someone and go "There you are." and the type that walk in and go "Here I am."

I personally would probalby make some sort of a situational comment like...

"Hey, I really like that jacket, where is it from?" (or something that I truly meant.)

"It's Armani, I bought it in New York."

"Wow, it's really sharp. Hi, I'm Jimmy." offer a hand shake.

"I'm Morrissey. Nice to meet you."

"Are you from New York?"

etc, etc, etc

Obviously if you wanted an autograph and a picture you'd have to ask for that and completely sways the balance of value in his favour and you will have a very hard time becoming more than just another in the many thousands of people he's done that with.

Whereas I'm sure that telling him you like his jacket would be totally unique. :rolleyes: :D

Whereas I'm sure that telling him you like his jacket would be totally unique. :rolleyes: :D

"Oh my God I love your watch band!"

Would that be more unique?

If he seemed to want me to say something, I would say Too bad you don't like Kylie. I would look slightly sad. Mopey. Angry too, but in a challenging way not an oppressive one.

Hmmmm, I have plenty of "witty" things in my mind like:
Your room or mine?
Marry me!
Will you stretch out and wait for me?
etc.

Ohhhh but no.... I don't think I'd say anything. Probably I'd just smile and blush.:o

Back
Top Bottom