Stuart Murdoch - "Morrissey is my idol, but I don't want to meet him"

Peter
Did you see this line at the end of the article?:eek:

Next week: Isobel Campbell expresses ambivalence about Mike Joyce

Jukebox Jury

Sheesh, these twee Jesus freaks sure can be egotistical. :rolleyes:
Like Moz is so obsessed about not meeting Stuart Murdoch that he cancels every festival they're sharing ? I'd hazard that Morrissey is barely even aware of this stripey-jersey'd, bad hat harry, francophile chancer. ;)
:)

were we reading the same artical ???:crazy:
Who, me ?
I thought he implied in the article that Moz cancelled every time he and BS were going to play the same festval, not for other legitimate reasons, but solely cos he didn't want to meet Stuart Murdoch. That just struck me as a little egocentric. Maybe he was being winningly sarcastic and wry. He often is :rolleyes:
I think he's right about one thing though. I wouldn't want to meet Morrissey either ~ "I don't think he'd be that nice."

Belle and Sebastian have been far more enjoyable as recording artists since they came out compared to the same input Morrissey has released in that same time period.Stuart was clearly joking about Morrissey not playing shows because B&S were also playing, and he is probably correct in his wish not to meet Morrissey, its often not what one expected when you meet a hero.

Belle and Sebastian have been far more enjoyable as recording artists since they came out compared to the same input Morrissey has released in that same time period.Stuart was clearly joking about Morrissey not playing shows because B&S were also playing, and he is probably correct in his wish not to meet Morrissey, its often not what one expected when you meet a hero.

Belle and Sebastian are in no way enjoyable as recording artists.

Who is Stuart Murdoch?

Well I do not know if I wanna meet him either...
However, last year I met Rourke and he was very nice to me.. he signed my cd's... He came to my city.... I will never forget....

I agree with Stuart. That's the entire reason why I would never want to meet Morrissey as well - I don't think he'd be very nice, and I'd be crushed. I think it really is better to never meet your idols.

Back
Top Bottom