Strokes Rarities Collection - "This Is It!"

David

Alright, I picked this up at a rare records shop. It was outrageously expensive for a single disc, but worth the price. I can't find, however, any info about it online. Here's its tracklisting:

1. Alone Together
2. New York City Cops
3. Take It Or Leave It
4. Someday
5. Last Nite
6. Is This It
7. Barely Legal
8. Break It All
9. Exhale
10. Seeing Stars
11. The Cable Song
12. Grand Larceny
13. Draw Three Lines
14. Soho Shuffle
15. The Modern Age
16. Hard To Explain
17. Barely Legal
18. Someday
19. A minor 4-4
20. In Her Prime
21. This Life
22. Rhythm Song
23. Eller
24. Run Run Run

1-7: Demos from Is This It? sessions
8-13: Unreleased early songs from the 911 Sessions
14: Unreleased instrumental from a practice session
15:-18: From BBC Radio's John Peel Session
19-23: Unreleased live songs
24: Velvet Underground cover version

It sounds like you already know a fair bit about it :p

Upload? :o :rolleyes:

Alrighty, I'm working on it right now.

Erm, somebody please explain to me how to use Megaupload, pretty please? I've never tried this before. All of the CD files are on my computer now.

Last edited:
Do you have winzip installed? You probably do.
Right click the folder that contains all the files, or just highlight all the files and right click, and choose "add to zip" or something like that.
You should be able to create this zip file so that all the songs are kept nicely together.

Then just go to megaupload.com, look in the upper right hand corner for 'browse' choose your zip file.
then fill out the bottom categories and upload it. You'll see a progress bar, etc. When it's done, it will give you a link, and just copy that link to us.

I'm not a big Strokes fan, but I know someone who will enjoy this quite nicely.
Thanks for biting the bullet and paying for it!

No problem! It's good that I figured out how to use Megaupload, I have some other bootlegs on CD that I could upload.

By the way, how different is the Strokes' sound in those songs labeled as "911 Sessions"?! It sort of blew my mind.

David said:
No problem! It's good that I figured out how to use Megaupload, I have some other bootlegs on CD that I could upload.

By the way, how different is the Strokes' sound in those songs labeled as "911 Sessions"?! It sort of blew my mind.

I thought they never really sounded different from what they've done on the albums...

However, I like the later sound better. ;)

Hello, I've been searching for b-sides and rarities of The Strokes for a long time.
I stumbled on this thread through Google. I would be more than happy to pay you if you can re upload those songs, or send them to me some how! I would sincerely appreciate it. Please let me know! Contact me at: [email protected]

Zeb

Back
Top Bottom