Striptease with a difference

MORRIZSEY

Wrong species
I have heard this on youtube but was wondering whether it was ever officially released? Was it intended as a b-side? It's a great song. Anyone have any information on this? x

It was originally intended to be a part of Viva Hate deluxe edition, but the release was cancelled.

Many thanks to Mr Reynolds who uploaded download link of the song (in Vauxhall outtakes and Morrissey rare tracks) on top of the downloads bootlegs forum.

Last edited:
Yes those unreleased Viva hate sessions are great! Hopefully they will see the light of day as finished tracks.

I love "Oh phoney" as well and "Born to hang" is not bad either

Just an idea, but could anyone come up with a list of songs like this (ie not released or hard to find) and where you can access them, such as youtube. Some of my favourite Moz songs are b-sides/ hidden gems!

Just an idea, but could anyone come up with a list of songs like this (ie not released or hard to find) and where you can access them, such as youtube. Some of my favourite Moz songs are b-sides/ hidden gems!

well if you go to the download section you will find a few that have just rare and unreleased tracks

otherwise go to www.passionsjustlikemine.com

Striptease and Phoney were songs intended for Moz’s second album which was to be titled Bona Drag. For whatever reason, those plans were scrapped and some of the songs recorded at the time were released on the November and Palare singles. Instead of a proper album, Bona Drag ended up being a compilation of Moz’s first seven singles and some b-sides. Born to Hang, according to Passions site, was demoed in early 1992 and it’s a Nevin composition. Your Arsenal features 2 Nevin songs but it probably wasn’t released since it didn’t fit with the other songs from that time. All three songs were going to see the light of day, officially, on a bonus disc on that Suedehead: The Best Of compilation but that was also scrapped. Some promotional literature for this release stated that Striptease was from the Viva Hate sessions but it couldn’t of have been since it was co-written by Clive Langer who came on the Moz scene after Street quit working with Moz a couple of years after VH. Thankfully, they’ve leaked out thanks to some posters on the board

Back
Top Bottom