Strasbourg - Salle Erasme (March 13, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You’e Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Let Me Kiss You / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Night Pop Dropped / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Istanbul / The Loop / Knockabout World / Without Music The World Dies / Please. Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Half A Person / Jack The Ripper // Suedehead

Setlist courtesy of Buddy T.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alma - boring
I Wish You Lonely - boring
Stop Me If You Think You’e Heard This One - boring
Irish Blood, English Heart - boring
Paris - boring
Jim Jim Falls - OK
Sure Enough. The Phone Rings - kill it with fire
Let Me Kiss You - OK
G/F in a Coma - good
The Night Pop Dropped - good
Everyday is like Sunday - boring
Bullfighter - kill it with fire
Istanbul - good
Loop - good
Knockabout - good, but should be replaced with Darling, I Hug A Pillow or something
Without Music The World Dies - good
Please. Please, Please Let Me Get - done to death
Half a Person - good, but should be replaced with Well I Wonder or something
Jack the Ripper - always good
Suedehead - boring
Lol and this person pays money. We all forget your opinion on his music is all that counts. Please tell us what else we should like and who we should kill the crotch, oh mighty great one.

As a music lover and person who is constantly listening to music, I am agreement with this opinion 100%. This is why I always try to make it to at least 3 shows per tour. It's such a treat.

I'm glad I'm with kindred spirits here; those who understand. Because not a lot of people do. As soon as you mention M, "normal" folks, not that normal actually exists, they then demand to know why you listen to the music of/travel/pay to see __________________ (insert derogatory phrase here) and it gets incredibly tedious after a while.

I try and attend at least that number too when he's in the UK, and even better I don't often need to explain why because most of you fine people on here know only too well!

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You’e Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Phone Rings / Let Me Kiss You / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Night Pop Dropped / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Istanbul / The Loop / Knockabout World / Without Music The World Dies / Please. Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Half A Person / Jack The Ripper // Suedehead

Setlist courtesy of Buddy T.

It was a great show. I knew there would be stage invasion. He had a great powerful voice. I just missed "Rebels without applause". It is such a great song.

Photo by @sadglamour
FrKIj4XXoAIVGMw

FrKIknFXwAEgRIc

Alma - boring
I Wish You Lonely - boring
Stop Me If You Think You’e Heard This One - boring
Irish Blood, English Heart - boring
Paris - boring
Jim Jim Falls - OK
Sure Enough. The Phone Rings - kill it with fire
Let Me Kiss You - OK
G/F in a Coma - good
The Night Pop Dropped - good
Everyday is like Sunday - boring
Bullfighter - kill it with fire
Istanbul - good
Loop - good
Knockabout - good, but should be replaced with Darling, I Hug A Pillow or something
Without Music The World Dies - good
Please. Please, Please Let Me Get - done to death
Half a Person - good, but should be replaced with Well I Wonder or something
Jack the Ripper - always good
Suedehead - boring
Whilst I could happily live out my days without hearing Bullfighter or I wish you lonely ever again, if I ever get to the stage where I find myself standing in a room with a crowd of fans listening to Moz in the flesh sing Suedehead, Sunday, IBEH, Please, please ...boring, then I will give up and start listening to Coldplay. These are songs to be cherished, no matter how many times he trots them out. He's not going to be touring for too much longer...we sure will miss him when he hangs up the daft trousers.

Me likey "the night pop dropped" more and more. With a good production, it could be a great opener, right?
was just thinking that this afternoon with only my second listen,certainly whets the apetite for both albums,they say good things come in threes,off for listen number three.

Throwing My Arms around Paris in Stasbourg

The replacement of Boz's clarinet solo with the short lead by Alain is a nice touch.

This is probably the most I've enjoyed a Morrissey solo line-up live since the YATQ group prior to Alain's departure (Whyte/Boorer/Day/Butterworth/Farrell).

The replacement of Boz's clarinet solo with the short lead by Alain is a nice touch.

This is probably the most I've enjoyed a Morrissey solo line-up live since the YATQ group prior to Alain's departure (Whyte/Boorer/Day/Butterworth/Farrell).
Brendan Buckley is a better drummer than Butterworth, honestly.

was just thinking that this afternoon with only my second listen,certainly whets the apetite for both albums,they say good things come in threes,off for listen number three.
yess, the keyboard/electronics sounds very tight and reminds me a bit of "love is no its way out", which I love as you can tell from my profile pic here :)

Dreadful setlist, not even Our Frank.... poor Alain.
I'm not keen on Our Frank and so I've been surprised to see how popular it is with fans. It does seem a bit extreme to describe the setlist as dreadful. I would say it's average because there are some great songs but also some that wouldn't make it into my top 100 Morrissey/Smiths songs at any time. I'm glad if How Soon is Now? is gone for good, but Alma Matters isn't a great opener. I am a bit concerned about Alain, after last year's unfortunate tour and with him being so quiet on social media. His tech guy is always upbeat when he posts on solo but I haven't seen him here for a while.

Man, what is it with Morrissey and misguided bellbottom trousers? I'd swear he must have been a sailor in a previous life. :squiffy:
full

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom