Strasbourg - Salle Erasme (March 13, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You’e Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Let Me Kiss You / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Night Pop Dropped / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Istanbul / The Loop / Knockabout World / Without Music The World Dies / Please. Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Half A Person / Jack The Ripper // Suedehead

Setlist courtesy of Buddy T.

Last edited by a moderator:
He'll change to songs already played, doesn't introduce songs that haven't been played, too many examples to give. In general the set list will ALWAYS include:
Everyday, Irish Blood, Ripper, Knockabout, new songs, with Alma, Bullfighter interchanged and just matter of time before World Peace is brought back.
Morrissey switches his set lists around a heck of a lot more than many of his contemporaries. Compare the number of different songs that he played last year with the number played by Duran Duran, Madness, Culture Club etc.

As I mentioned above, there are 12 changes since the start of the 2022 tour and Morrissey must have played 80-100 different songs over the past 5 years.

I completely get that people want him to play all of their favourite songs, but things could be a lot worse.

Morrissey switches his set lists around a heck of a lot more than many of his contemporaries. Compare the number of different songs that he played last year with the number played by Duran Duran, Madness, Culture Club etc.

As I mentioned above, there are 12 changes since the start of the 2022 tour and Morrissey must have played 80-100 different songs over the past 5 years.

I completely get that people want him to play all of their favourite songs, but things could be a lot worse.
His arsenal between Smiths and solo is more than twice the size of those bands. If looking for comparable, use the Cure, who average 29 songs per gig and always changing set lists. And before you reply, bear in mind Robert Smith is also playing guitar.

His arsenal between Smiths and solo is more than twice the size of those bands. If looking for comparable, use the Cure, who average 29 songs per gig and always changing set lists. And before you reply, bear in mind Robert Smith is also playing guitar.
As I said, Morrissey changes his set lists more than many of his contemporaries. I certainly didn't say that he changes them more than any of his contemporaries.

The Cure comparison proves my point, anyhow.

Since the start of last year The Cure have played 50 different songs across 46 shows.
Since the start of last year Morrissey has played 47 different songs across 33 shows.

Not much difference and nothing to complain about.

(And before anyone starts listing other acts, I'm aware that some, such as Elvis Costello, have switched their set lists around more).

As I said, Morrissey changes his set lists more than many of his contemporaries. I certainly didn't say that he changes them more than any of his contemporaries.

The Cure comparison proves my point, anyhow.

Since the start of last year The Cure have played 50 different songs across 46 shows.
Since the start of last year Morrissey has played 47 different songs across 33 shows.

Not much difference and nothing to complain about.

(And before anyone starts listing other acts, I'm aware that some, such as Elvis Costello, have switched their set lists around more).
You don't need to change setlist when you're playing 30 songs per concert!

the setlist is only repetitive to people who have been fans for years,if your an 18 year old who has just bought his first M or smiths cd then everything is brand new.
in the john wilson interview which i listened to recently he said that there is songs he wont sing anymore so that cuts the amout of songs available down a bit.

This is becoming a strain now (and I don't just mean Morrissey's tight shirt!). It was Brendan's birthday? talk about 'stylish and glum'. I bet he can't wait for Shakira to start touring again.

Given the criticism throughout the recent gigs, not sure how this matches up with information recently disclosed by Brendan:

"we probably know over 100 songs in the setlist that we rotate ... [plays Rubber Ring sample]..."

Things like playing I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris in Strasbourg rather than adding it when playing twice in Paris itself is a Morrissey foible that will probably never make sense.
Regards,
FWD.

The live version is awesome! It really does the song justice.

Absolutely. To be honest, the live versions of everything are always awesome when it comes to him, but it's when you've heard such a substantial difference between the recorded and live versions that you realise both how fantastic he is live and how bad that production really was.

Absolutely. To be honest, the live versions of everything are always awesome when it comes to him, but it's when you've heard such a substantial difference between the recorded and live versions that you realise both how fantastic he is live and how bad that production really was.
As a music lover and person who is constantly listening to music, I am agreement with this opinion 100%. This is why I always try to make it to at least 3 shows per tour. It's such a treat.

Throwing My Arms around Paris in Stasbourg

Jack l'Éventreur :rat:

Suedehead ( baby j perspective )

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom