Strasbourg - Salle Erasme (March 13, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You’e Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Let Me Kiss You / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Night Pop Dropped / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Istanbul / The Loop / Knockabout World / Without Music The World Dies / Please. Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Half A Person / Jack The Ripper // Suedehead

Setlist courtesy of Buddy T.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alma - great
I Wish You Lonely - bit rubbish
Stop Me If You Think You’e Heard This One - great
Irish Blood, English Heart - never liked
Paris - fairly good
Jim Jim Falls - OK
Sure Enough. The Phone Rings - rubbish
Let Me Kiss You - just average
G/F in a Coma - brilliant
The Night Pop Dropped - not sure
Everyday is like Sunday - yep, one of the best
Bullfighter - OK
Istanbul - cracking song
Loop - brilliant
Knockabout - flipping brilliant
Without Music The World Dies - don't know
Please. Please, Please Let Me Get - a beauty
Half a Person - a beauty
Jack the Ripper - great song
Suedehead - sublime
My votes above.
First half a bit rubbish - second half hard to fault

I’d love him to throw a curveball in his setlist somewhere. Take everyone by surprise.

Suggestions:

Nowhere Fast
My Love Life
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Back to the Old House
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
I Like You

I'm not sure that people can complain too much about Morrissey not throwing curve balls into the set lists.

In recent years he added the likes of At Amber, Have-a-go Merchant and Never Again Will I Be a Twin which are about as curvy as balls can be. :)

I’d love him to throw a curveball in his setlist somewhere. Take everyone by surprise.

Suggestions:

Nowhere Fast
My Love Life
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Back to the Old House
I Like You
The coolest curveball would be "I Don't Mind If You Forget Me." Gotta be his most underrated song and it would rock in concert.

I'm not sure that people can complain too much about Morrissey not throwing curve balls into the set lists.

In recent years he added the likes of At Amber, Have-a-go Merchant and Never Again Will I Be a Twin which are about as curvy as balls can be. :)
Maybe for a few sets, but always goes back to same songs. For example, brought back Alma Matters and Bullfighter, with so many other options. Has no regard for what fan's actually want to hear. Maybe doesn't want to upset Tobias and his weak songs.

Maybe for a few sets, but always goes back to same songs. For example, brought back Alma Matters and Bullfighter, with so many other options. Has no regard for what fan's actually want to hear. Maybe doesn't want to upset Tobias and his weak songs.

Remember when he did I Keep Mine Hidden?

Suedehead with many stage invaders

ssrco,slim_fit_t_shirt,flatlay,101010_01c5ca27c6,front,wide_portrait,750x1000-bg,f8f8f8.jpg

Most of the shirts and badges are from Redbubble.
FWD.

Suggestions:

Nowhere Fast
My Love Life
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Back to the Old House
I Like You
What I wouldn't give to hear "One of Our Own" in London. Gaaaahhhh

Nah. Sweet and Tender Hooligan and Half a Person are not exactly obvious choices from The Smiths.

And solo stuff like The Loop and Istanbul have also not exactly been regulars in the live shows.

I'm not saying he doesn't have his favourites as well (any singer does), but Morrissey changes things up more than most.

I don't actually think he sounded like this, but the production made pretty much everything involved in the track sound like it was a demo. In some ways it sounded too polished e.g. use of too many effects that weren't needed, and in others it wasn't polished enough - the vocal shakiness, seemed slightly off key at times, etc.

The live version was a vast improvement indicating to me that it was probably the fault of Watt. The song is great; M's vox are arguably better than they've ever been, just not on the recording of RWA, unfortunately.

The live version is awesome! It really does the song justice.

Just as an example of the way the set lists change, a quick check of the first show in 2022 shows 12 songs performed at tonight's gig that weren't played then. Seems fair enough to me.

Nah. Sweet and Tender Hooligan and Half a Person are not exactly obvious choices from The Smiths.

And solo stuff like The Loop and Istanbul have also not exactly been regulars in the live shows.

I'm not saying he doesn't have his favourites as well (any singer does), but Morrissey changes things up more than most.
He'll change to songs already played, doesn't introduce songs that haven't been played, too many examples to give. In general the set list will ALWAYS include:
Everyday, Irish Blood, Ripper, Knockabout, new songs, with Alma, Bullfighter interchanged and just matter of time before World Peace is brought back.

Alma - boring
I Wish You Lonely - boring
Stop Me If You Think You’e Heard This One - boring
Irish Blood, English Heart - boring
Paris - boring
Jim Jim Falls - OK
Sure Enough. The Phone Rings - kill it with fire
Let Me Kiss You - OK
G/F in a Coma - good
The Night Pop Dropped - good
Everyday is like Sunday - boring
Bullfighter - kill it with fire
Istanbul - good
Loop - good
Knockabout - good, but should be replaced with Darling, I Hug A Pillow or something
Without Music The World Dies - good
Please. Please, Please Let Me Get - done to death
Half a Person - good, but should be replaced with Well I Wonder or something
Jack the Ripper - always good
Suedehead - boring
Honestly, a lot of these deserve ‘done to death’.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom