Strangeways - with Green Text

Dave2006

I was in the Manchester Art gallery yesterday (I know, how cultured of me) they have a copy of Strangeways Here We Come on display as part of a wider display on Manchester. But I noticed that the text on the front of the album was green - I've never seen one like this. The label next to the display simply said "on loan from private collection"

So, home to check out Passions...

"The colour of the text on the front varies slightly from one country to another, and sometimes even among UK releases. "​

Has anyone got one? How rare are they? Are they worth much more than standard brown text versions? I'm on a hunt to find one now....ebay awaits...unless some good solo-er has a spare they could part with.

Cheers
Dave

I've just checked my copies at home. I have two versions of the album:
  • Standard uk - this has brown lettering, the lettering down the spine is also brown
  • German, grey vinyl - this has brown embossed lettering on the front, the text down the spine is green, like the album in the art gallery

I'm looking for a green one, but I wonder what other versions there may be...

Flavio's looks grey on vulgarpicture.com - but that could just be the scanner

I've just checked my copies at home. I have two versions of the album:
  • Standard uk - this has brown lettering, the lettering down the spine is also brown
  • German, grey vinyl - this has brown embossed lettering on the front, the text down the spine is green, like the album in the art gallery

I'm looking for a green one, but I wonder what other versions there may be...

Flavio's looks grey on vulgarpicture.com - but that could just be the scanner

Hey Dave,

my copy is grey. I try to keep the colors as close as possible to the actual artwork.
The 10" LPs are a bit off though. They look terrible when scanned due to the poor quality of the paper, so I had to photograph them.

The ones with green text are rarer, but not impossible to find. I stumble upon copies now and then.

I've also had copies in grey, dark purple or brown-ish. And this is for UK editions on Rough Trade only. International editions also vary.

Stephane

Back
Top Bottom