Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I don't think so. The narrator of the Nirvana song is a religious maniac, so "Sunday morning is every day" likely means he thinks he's communing with God all the time. Morrissey's song is about soul-crushing boredom. Sunday is when there's nothing much to do: for the partiers and the straights, the giddy hedonism of Friday & Saturday is over, and the work week is yet to begin. Morrissey's narrator naturally inhabits neither of those worlds, and is stuck in perpetual Sunday. That's how I hear it, at least.

"THE CURE Roger O'Donnell interview on Morrissey, R&R Hall OF Fame more "Feedback" 2019"

Not got the time to check what he says about Morrissey - any Cure fans want to see if this assumed to be 2019 interview has anything of interest (it's a couple of years after his film involvement - so may be about something else?).
FWD.

"THE CURE Roger O'Donnell interview on Morrissey, R&R Hall OF Fame more "Feedback" 2019"

Not got the time to check what he says about Morrissey - any Cure fans want to see if this assumed to be 2019 interview has anything of interest (it's a couple of years after his film involvement - so may be about something else?).
FWD.

just talked about how he hated him and mentioned the feud between the smiths and the cure, so nothing new or insightful there. that was in, like, the first four minutes. the rest of the interview the listener was subjected to the sound of him vigorously and seemingly unproductively clearing his throat. i've always liked roger o'donnell's face so am dismayed to find out that his voice and personality kind of suck.

just talked about how he hated him and mentioned the feud between the smiths and the cure, so nothing new or insightful there. that was in, like, the first four minutes. the rest of the interview the listener was subjected to the sound of him vigorously and seemingly unproductively clearing his throat. i've always liked roger o'donnell's face so am dismayed to find out that his voice and personality kind of suck.
Thank you. Not sure why he'd help produce a film about Morrissey if he felt that way.
Regards,
FWD.

he made a joke about being able to make money off of it. yeah, i found it kind of distasteful.
he made a joke about being able to make money off of it. yeah, i found it kind of distasteful.
Thank you. Not sure why he'd help produce a film about Morrissey if he felt that way.
Regards,
FWD.

People will do some odd things for a little bit of money. It is just so shallow…

People will do some odd things for a little bit of money. It is just so shallow…
yes, and god knows i would do all kinds of strange things for money! but theres just something about doing something so invasive as to make a movie about another person, a living person you claim to hate, to make money off of them that strikes me as gross. if your'e going to make a movie about a fellow artist, you should do it with love, or at least some professional respect, or not at all.

yes, and god knows i would do all kinds of strange things for money! but theres just something about doing something so invasive as to make a movie about another person, a living person you claim to hate, to make money off of them that strikes me as gross. if your'e going to make a movie about a fellow artist, you should do it with love, or at least some professional respect, or not at all.
I can understand making a film exposing someone that had carried out an appalling crime etc, but this is not that either. It is all a bit pathetic.

Stumbled upon this 1997 article on

Hybridity and Postcolonial Music​

Not sure, if this has ever been mentioned, but i remember there was a discussion why Mozzer showed a Cornershop clip in one of his pre-show videos, and nobody back then knew exactly where the mutual animosities had their exact origin.

The multi-talented Ashwin Batish joins “contemporary rock rhythms with Sitar melodies and solos as the lead voice” (Sitar Power #2) in his 1986 album named Sitar Power. This album was followed up by Sitar Power #2, which blends tablas and sitar with synthesisers and guitars. Started by two brothers, the band Cornershop hails from England and composes songs that have evolved drastically over the course of their career. The band began with outspoken political views, most emblematically related to their denouncement of music icon Morrissey for his alleged racism. They were featured burning his photo at a concert. This activism was considered by many to compensate for what was thought to be less than proficient musical skill. This reputation was largely dispelled with the release of their album, When I Was Born for the Seventh Time. The album marks the group as a fore-running example of the possibilities of mixing Eastern and Western instruments (dholki, sitars, and tamboura work alongside keyboards, samples, and fuzzy guitar) as well as languages (Tjinder Singh sings lyrics in English, Punjabi, and some French).

I'm a Cure fan but yeah, he's always been a dick.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom