Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Rumour mill (but a credible source):
A Warner's The Smiths 'greatest hits' is being compiled for later in the year (yes, another).
🤔🤔🤔
You may have heard it here first folks.

24 Hour Party People

A bit in Guardian online about an intended scene of M snogging Tony Wilson's wife,as told by Steve Coogan.

I'm sure someone else can post the link cos I can't

"We had a scene with Morrissey snogging Tony Wilson’s ex-wife in the back of a car while Tony’s trying to be postmodern about it. But Morrissey wouldn’t let us use it because it never happened. Maybe it’s good he’s not in it, after all the shite he’s been coming out with these days."

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumour mill (but a credible source):
A Warner's The Smiths 'greatest hits' is being compiled for later in the year (yes, another).
🤔🤔🤔
You may have heard it here first folks.
Hopefully a disc 2, like this one that got shelved:

Disc 2
2-1Reel Around The Fountain (Troy Tate Version July '83)6:11- (Now available)
2-2The Hand The Rocks The Cradle (John Porter Monitor Mix)4:54
2-3This Night Has Opened My Eyes (Studio Version June '84)3:15
2-4Rusholme Ruffians (Electric Version July '84)6:48
2-5Frankly, Mr. Shankly (Trumpet Version Nov. '85)2:20
2-6Is It Really So Strange (June '86 Studio Version)3:07
2-7Paint A Vulgar Picture (Monitor Mix Version March '87)5:38

Im sure there are some other vault items to add in.

I wasn't sure where to post this.
Yes, the quotes are interesting here:

Ellis said: “Morrissey is shunned by the mainstream media. I don’t agree with him all the time but I love that he is free enough to talk about things. I don’t like the reaction to it. I don’t like the shutting down of the conversation, the idea that Morrisey is just an old man on a porch pointing his fingers – mostly he’s not if you listen to him.

“He has very interesting and nuanced takes on things that we might not agree with but that’s his take on it, it doesn’t mean you have to cancel him and throw him in cancel-jail. I have a problem with the way everybody has to be on the same page or you’re thrown into a kind of jail.”

Steve Coogan mentions Morrissey not allowing them to use a scene in the film 24hr party people

“We had a scene with Morrissey snogging Tony Wilson’s ex-wife in the back of a car while Tony’s trying to be postmodern about it. But Morrissey wouldn’t let us use it because it never happened. Maybe it’s good he’s not in it, after all the shite he’s been coming out with these days.”

Don’t know where to post this, but Andy Rourke is NOT looking well, judging by his latest Instagram post (posted 40 min ago).

andyrourkemusic-09022023-0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshot_20230209-205728.png

In lieu of above.
FWD.

Another Morrissey intersection point.
FWD.

A little Morrissey mention in an interview with Moby on the NME site:

Morrissey also asked you to work with him in 2000. What do you think your collaboration would have sounded like?

“He came up to me backstage at The Greek Theatre in LA and asked me to produce some music for his next album. But, again, I was on tour, so I couldn’t do anything apart from be hungover and live in airports. I love that first ‘The Smiths’ album, so I would probably have tried to return to some of that dreamier sound with him.”

Morrissey also asked you to work with him in 2000. What do you think your collaboration would have sounded like?

“He came up to me backstage at The Greek Theatre in LA and asked me to produce some music for his next album. But, again, I was on tour, so I couldn’t do anything apart from be hungover and live in airports. I love that first ‘The Smiths’ album, so I would probably have tried to return to some of that dreamier sound with him.”
Not Moby, the guy whose one hit is continuously piped into the lobbies of 3.5 star hotels in Eastern Europe!

Would not have minded this. Love dreamy Moz.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom