Strange/unexpected Moz references?

8stitches9lives-01092022-0001~2.jpg

Jesse - IG.

Screenshot_20220904-144209~2.png

BBC Archive - good quality.
Great clip.
FWD.

I've always cringed when he kept mentioning the "writing furiously" bit, which he has done in many interviews; it's as if it was part of his pre-planned story telling script. The worst one, however, is the "anals of history" (instead of 'annals'), which, again, he has also repeated. I was never sure if he was doing the latter deliberately, or not, but surely someone from the grammar police might have been kind enough to have a quiet word with him.
Other than that, I love these snippets of Moz history. Thanks.

I've always cringed when he kept mentioning the "writing furiously" bit, which he has done in many interviews; it's as if it was part of his pre-planned story telling script. The worst one, however, is the "anals of history" (instead of 'annals'), which, again, he has also repeated. I was never sure if he was doing the latter deliberately, or not, but surely someone from the grammar police might have been kind enough to have a quiet word with him.
Other than that, I love these snippets of Moz history. Thanks.

Or it might just be.... you know..... northern dialect, coming from the UK/Up North, i've never heard one person pronounce anals ..... annals hmmmm

I've come across this live performance of Television personalities performing their song "A Picture of Dorian Gray" where lead singer, Dan Treacy, makes a slight lyrical change. The original line is as follows: "Eating tiny cucumber sandwiches made by Emily", but in this performance he sings: "Eating tiny cucumber sandwiches made by MORRISSEY". A little reference that conjures up ideas of Moz's Englishness and vegetarianism. It starts at about 1:52

God, Facebook link sharing has become like wading through treacle...
FWD.

The Queen Is Dead: 6 songs about Queen Elizabeth II

Throughout her lengthy reign, musicians around Britain have released songs responding to Queen Elizabeth II, both fondly and critically.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom