Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Morrissey seems to be trending on Twitter at the moment, but when I click the link all I get is loads of articles about Laurence Fox and swastikas - not too sure what's going on here?!? :unsure:

Morrissey seems to be trending on Twitter at the moment, but when I click the link all I get is loads of articles about Laurence Fox and swastikas - not too sure what's going on here?!? :unsure:
yeah that's really weird, I spotted that, too - no mention of Morrissey's name in any of the tweets but he's somehow linked to the whole Laurence Fox swastika trend? Very odd...

yeah that's really weird, I spotted that, too - no mention of Morrissey's name in any of the tweets but he's somehow linked to the whole Laurence Fox swastika trend? Very odd...
Not sure what was going on, but the trend sites have him separately - peaked about 2 hours ago:

Screenshot_20220627-160039~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Looks like it the spike was caused by a series of tweets in which people were suggesting line-ups for a "right-wing" version of Glastonbury, so lots of mentions of Clapton, Ian Brown, Right Said Fred, and Morrissey, etc.

Looks like it the spike was caused by a series of tweets in which people were suggesting line-ups for a "right-wing" version of Glastonbury, so lots of mentions of Clapton, Ian Brown, Right Said Fred, and Morrissey, etc.
Yes, I saw that. I'm watching Pet Shop Boys at Glastonbury on the BBC iplayer - they are just great, it's really cheering me up!

From Daniel:

The scene was shown on "Pantanal", the most popular soap opera in Brazil, on the highest- rated channel and in the prime time. The character, Guta, is a rebellious and passionate girl, and from the shirt she wears, she has a wonderful taste in music.

full

Last edited:
From an academic article published last week ("Unpacking the 'Red Flag' Bookshelf: Negotiating Literary Value on Twitter") - the article is basically an analysis of a viral tweet from 2020 in which people posted about "problematic" books that men might own such as works by David Foster Wallace, Hemingway, Goethe, etc.

article.jpg

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom