Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Did I say I disagreed or agreed with him?

You don’t know what I’m thinking, and you don’t know what Morrissey is thinking, you must be deeply shocked by this fact.

Now go crawl back into your hole.
Oh don’t you worry ‘uncle’ knows everyone’s mind and intentions. Not least mr Morrissey.

Prolific 'remixer' on YT & Bandcamp.
FWD.

the boy with sounds very good,like a good remix now and again.
how soon is now comes in at a fantastic 12 minutes and 10 seconds,wow.

Sounds like Pete says "takes one to know one" and "i just go uhrm" (pulling a face).
no doubt some mentions in the book itself

No need to click on Farout mag link….

However, the song that Andre 3000 wishes he wrote is so far removed from the bombastic tones of tunes like ‘B.O.B. – Bombs Over Baghdad’ that it is hard to imagine the quote coming from the same man. Nevertheless, in 2003, the rap star told MTV: “I personally wish I would have written that Smiths song ‘Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me.’ Genius song.”

As is often the case, it seems like romance imbued the track with a bit of extra personal depth for the star. “This girl named Hannah in Atlanta turned me on to them,” he continued, “because I was telling her that I loved The Hives and The Buzzcocks and she said, ‘Hey, you need to check these guys out.’”

Sombre yet somehow soaring thanks to Johnny Marr’s magical guitar work, the track lives up to the title in such a way that raises a proud middle finger to Elvis Costello who once said, “Morrissey writes wonderful song titles, but sadly he often forgets to write the song.” On this occasion, however, with ‘Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me’ he kept things simple and smiled a sorrowful smile in the face of his critics.

In fact, another artist with an eclectic taste, Mr David Bowie, also said that this is his favourite Smiths song. In 1992 he told GQ Magazine: “I still rate Morrissey as one of the best lyricists in Britain.” And beyond the lyricism, there is plenty more on offer in the swirling soundscape of miner’s strike chants and tremolo fretwork.

As Marr once explained of the song: “It’s built around the guitar riff going round and round, the heart of it is the guitar riff but I orchestrated it using a keyboard and string sound. What I love about it is the drama in it – the drama sums up how I was feeling at the time.”

Continuing: “That song got written because at the core of it is a very melancholic and dramatic guitar riff that goes round and round and round. And first and foremost, amongst other particularly melancholic things in the Smiths, I hear myself in that. There’s a side of myself, an introspective side, and probably melancholic side, that comes out because I’m a musician.”

And finally, we are in the British Music Experience, the home of memorabilia. My treasured item is from my hero, Morrissey. It’s his shirt from a gig in Liverpool, what is your treasured item of memorabilia?

You know what Matt, we have a label and we wanted to sign Morrissey as he was moving around labels, that would’ve been ace. The first gig I ever went to was Morrissey at Battersea Power Station and the next day I jumped the train to Chester to see him.

I did the very same journey Pete!

Yes, I slept at Birmingham New Street Station and broke into the vending machine. I’ve still got the Crunchy bar wrapper! (laughs). I got on stage that night too. I thought if I just got hold of Morrissey’s leg, he would let me join the band and we could run away together, but the bouncers got hold of me and kicked me out. But what a gig! I always wanted to be at that historic, Wolverhampton gig, I used to have a VHS tape and the footage of fans queuing up was great – you just needed a T shirt to get in the concert …it looked great. Hi

Tiniest of mentions, but put here for posterity & interesting to hear:

Madonna & Alain Whyte guitar:

FWD.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom