Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Since his days as the darling of mournful indie music, Morrissey has become a pop culture icon shrouded in as much ambiguity as controversy. He's one of the more eccentric individuals in pop culture - which has only bolstered his image as the lone wolf of morbid, emo poetry. The ambiguity about his sexuality; the sophisticated nature of his early lyricism; and his propensity for doing things his own way, has all fed into his persona as one of the most celebrated and polarising frontmen going.

Although the Smiths only lasted a mere five years, the four studio albums they released were monumental in shaping the indie and alternative scenes of the '80s and '90s. And, even today those albums are still considered formative forces on modern music. Augmented by Johnny Marr's jangly, '60s-inspired guitar parts, Morrissey's lyrics turned the music scene on its head.
He wasn't espousing his own virtues, or making commentary on specific cultural events or trends, rather he seemed to sum up the entire notion of human existence (as he saw it), through exclamations of personal misery and despair. All the doom and gloom was lapped up by fans, who found a cathartic escape, in hearing someone who had fame and money, admit to alienation.

It's amazing that Roger Waters hasn't had half the flak that, say, Morrissey has had. A shocking character. (These posts are from Jan 2022 and May 2019)

'Remastered' - whatever that means.
FWD.

It's amazing that Roger Waters hasn't had half the flak that, say, Morrissey has had. A shocking character. (These posts are from Jan 2022 and May 2019)

í cannot recall a time where there was so much filthy glee about which witch to dunk next?

How exactly did 'liberal journalism' come to this? Write about the f***ing art rather than the character of the maker, as you devine it to be...

'Hacks' is becoming an increasingly literal description of these people with each passing day.

Some might argue that's not the best thing to have on your resume 😅
FWD.

I'm looking forward to the day when Morrissey signs my copy of Strangeways by scrawling these lyrics of Johnny's on it:

All my dreams I'm making up
Philosophy, I give it up
How to feel, what now, so what?
Gets too real in the hotspot

I'm looking forward to the day when Morrissey signs my copy of Strangeways by scrawling these lyrics of Johnny's on it:

All my dreams I'm making up
Philosophy, I give it up
How to feel, what now, so what?
Gets too real in the hotspot
Should be worth a fortune soon 😬

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom