Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I'm at work & can't switch the sound on - what's he saying???
Portugal recording studio, new solo album, diverse collaborations.
Regards,
FWD.

This looks interesting.
The Scottish posters will probably skyrocket.

FB_IMG_1625763830868.jpg
FB_IMG_1625763852332.jpg
FB_IMG_1625763867629.jpg
FB_IMG_1625763842039.jpg
FB_IMG_1625763857668.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Reply to the IG version of the Boz FB message earlier:

Screenshot_20210708-182607~2.png

FWD.

Very ambiguous.

But it's possible they just don't know what's going to happen.

Not ambiguous at all !

What’s Boz saying he’s working with ‘diverse collaborations’?!

Wasn’t Morrissey diverse enough !?

Ungrateful.

;) ;);)

The 80s were also famously the decade during which Elton John recoiled back into the closet and Bowie said he never was bisexual. Boy George said he was bisexual but celibate and nobody cared that thousands of gay men were dying from AIDS.

Morrissey even said in early interviews, when he was still speaking more openly about his sexual orientation, that his decision to promote celibacy was partly to avoid homophobic responses from the public (see interview from 1984 with The Advocate below).
It's almost more difficult to find articles that don't reference his perceived queerness in some form, often to make fun of him or put him down.

To use his words, you'd probably have to be
a 'professional heterosexual' not to notice any of it at all.

View attachment 73963

It's strange seeing him say plainly that he lost friends when they realized he was gay.

It's obvious in the autobiography but the language is poetic so you could miss it.

It's strange seeing him say plainly that he lost friends when they realized he was gay.

It's obvious in the autobiography but the language is poetic so you could miss it.

Like I said, he was much more open in earlier interviews, especially when talking to gay publications.

But it's interesting that he talked about this in Autobiography as well. I've probably mentioned it before, but I still think that You've Got Everything Now was inspired by this experience.

This takes me back.
'Neil' 😂
FWD.

He's surely bisexual rather than gay. In regards to the article you posted, it's doubtful if Morrissey's comments are being transcribed accurately - very little of it actually sounds like the way Morrissey talks, especially those opening responses. Seems like the answers are being tailored to the questions. But I agree he was a lot more open generally in those early days - there was that interview he did with, I think it was Melody Maker where he rambled on quite happily about the Manchester gay scene and discussed individual pubs and clubs with which he and the interviewer were both familiar. I have a feeling it was family pressure that made him dial it down as he became a public figure. Maybe his dad was getting grief about his son at work.

He's surely bisexual rather than gay. In regards to the article you posted, it's doubtful if Morrissey's comments are being transcribed accurately - very little of it actually sounds like the way Morrissey talks, especially those opening responses. Seems like the answers are being tailored to the questions. But I agree he was a lot more open generally in those early days - there was that interview he did with, I think it was Melody Maker where he rambled on quite happily about the Manchester gay scene and discussed individual pubs and clubs with which he and the interviewer were both familiar. I have a feeling it was family pressure that made him dial it down as he became a public figure. Maybe his dad was getting grief about his son at work.

It's not possible to know for sure what's going on in someone's else's heart. Regardless the homophobia is uncalled for.

Now this comes under the 'tease' heading as it could mean almost anything...
(yes, even that she's just reading a book).

But!
It could be extremely interesting if she's taken the many, many suggestions by people over the years to write about their history more seriously and is hinting at writing.
Something to look out for if Morrissey features I'm sure.
FWD.

Now this comes under the 'tease' heading as it could mean almost anything...
(yes, even that she's just reading a book).

But!
It could be extremely interesting if she's taken the many, many suggestions by people over the years to write about their history more seriously and is hinting at writing.
Something to look out for if Morrissey features I'm sure.
FWD.

You think Lyn is gonna spill the beans ?! :p

They all do.... don’t they ?

do they?

Or maybe there’s simply no dirty laundry to hang? The dedicated haters will be so disappointed

Though, maybe she can say some things that Boz can’t if he’s still under contract?

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom