Strange/unexpected Moz references?

It's bugging me that I cant identify ALL the people in the photos. I think I see Ian Curtis, Morrissey, siouxsie sioux and The Cure. But who else?

An ancient meme that makes me go 🙄 for a number of reasons.

Siouxsie Sioux, Peter Murphy (Bauhaus), Andrew Eldritch (Sisters Of Mercy), Alien Sex Fiend, Moz, Robert Smith (The Cure), Ian Curtis (Joy Division), 45 Grave, Rozz Williams (Christian Death)

I would change the Morrissey picture to "especially you".

Eh, well, there's no good reason at all to put him on this particular list.

(While I listen/used to listen to all of these bands, Morrissey is obviously a very different type of artist. Something the person who made the meme was probably aware of, too...)

Last edited:
Lovely words from Lyn. 🥲

Last edited:
For some reason the last two occasions I e hit the M4 roadworks at Reading (going to London) I've heard either a Smiths or Morrissey song on the radio. At the exact same point. Come back to Maiden Earleigh

Screenshot_20210528-170343~2.png

Interestingly, if this is correct, then it could be a lost gig.
Things keep turning up all these years later...
I remember Tony Brutus off the Paul Daniel's Show :)
FWD.

View attachment 72717

Interestingly, if this is correct, then it could be a lost gig.
Things keep turning up all these years later...
I remember Tony Brutus off the Paul Daniel's Show :)
FWD.

Perhaps they were a no show, hence no reference in The History Books.

Or they too had seen big Tony B on PDS and ran scared...?

Couple of snide remarks throughout, most notably at ~ 6:46 and ~ 9:16.

Plus 'blink and you'll miss it'-reference revealing itself only to members of the exclusive 'why yes, I know every single frame of the November Spawned A Monster video like the back of my hand'-club (WYIKESFOTNSAMVLTBOMHC for those in the know)

120minutesScreenshot.jpg

NovemberScreenshot.jpg

The performance of You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side is not included in the above clip, but most definitely worth a peek, although caution is advised as I'm pretty sure that jacket is potentially epilepsy-inducing.

Tiniest of Smiths mentions.

Champions League Final: How music legend Johnny Marr and Man City hero Dennis Tueart became best of friends

FWD.

Enjoyed that, nice to see him discussing something other than music related stuff.

A bit of betamax (of version already posted):

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom