Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I don't know what you're talking about.
It's from my "Morrissey doesn't even know how to hold a guitar" folder.

A fine folder, í'm sure...

Morrissey Red guitar.jpg

Morrissey Face time with Kent November 1989.jpg

ps ~ Oh, to hear those 4 hours of Kent tape cassettes...?

pps ~ Starting to think that í may be the Dirty Mary. Just call me Magdalene. Happy Easter, to loveless Bunnies every where!

Context around cheque not given above =

"The cheque was signed and jokingly annotated for Mr Smith by Morrissey (who was with friend Stephen Street) outside Hatchards in Picadilly London on September 18th 1987. He met Morrissey outside the venue during a book signing for "This n That" by legendary screen actress Bette Davis. This summer was a key period in the history of The Smiths as they split at this time, amid much acrimony between the group members. They were rumoured to be leaving Rough Trade records (with whom they had been throughout their career) in order to join EMI supposedly for more money. Mr Smith suggested to us that the 300,000 reference on this cheque is Morrissey referring to and joking about the financial contract he was to have been offered with EMI."
(Via Auction House).
FWD.

Fascinating.

So that would have been right in the eye of the widowed whirlwind of Smithsplit/Mozbirth era?

So, í'm wondering did Morrissey actually meet Bette Davis then, even only as one in a thousand sweaty-palmed Hatchard's hunters?

Bette Davis Hatchard's sep 1987.jpg

Can't recall him mentioning it before?

He really did love his Cocteau doodles. Even still in 1987.

Morrissey letter to Robert Mackie.jpg

A fine folder, í'm sure...

View attachment 70455

View attachment 70456

ps ~ Oh, to hear those 4 hours of Kent tape cassettes...?

pps ~ Starting to think that í may be the Dirty Mary. Just call me Magdalene. Happy Easter, to loveless Bunnies every where!

You'll have to stick with Filthy Phyllis.

Happy Easter from this lovelorn Bunny!

MomoEaster_.jpg

Safe to say Lyn & Boz are enjoying the Portuguese surrounds for tonight's DJing.

Screenshot_20210404-181613~2.png

They were asked about the Israel gigs - which was politely ignored.
FWD.

He's too lazy. He could surprise everybody though and learn an instrument and start writing his own tunes.....
He allegedly started to learn a couple of instruments in his youth but couldn't finish.
He wrote a song about it instead (badum tsss).

(Guitar, saxophone, piano and drums, if Rogan's report of a schoolmate's account is to be believed)

Last edited:
That might be the best thing he could ever do. Learn to play an instrument, write his own music, put down his vocals and release it all for free on the Internet. I'm sure he has enough money to be able to have his own studio and make his own tunes, even if he used synthesisers. Surely with a voice like his, he wouldn't need too much in the way of backing music. I'd love to see him become truly solo and do everything himself.
This will be good. Just like everyone had a go at Marr for his vocals, people can judge Moz' instrumental prowess in comparison!

Anyone got any newspaper cutting scans/links from the 80s about Morrissey's IRA comment?

In his full quote he's insulting the IRA as much as wishing death on Thatcher by implying they normally select their targets badly, but no one seems to have picked up on that (??):

The sorrow of the Brighton bombing is that she escaped unscathed. The sorrow is that she’s still alive. I think that for once the IRA were accurate in selecting their targets.

I have An Phoblacht's review of The Smiths:

an phoblacht.jpg

I heard this before but I never read it personally. Where did you get this? Is this the actual newspaper?

Do you mean the An Phoblacht review? That's it up above. A blogger tracked a scan down when this book 👇 was released in 2011.

irish blood.jpg

On a side note: The nerve or lunacy Moz has to slag the Queen & mark Margaret Thatcher's death with Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead in Belfast. He'd never win awards for diplomacy.

Do you mean the An Phoblacht review? That's it up above. A blogger tracked a scan down when this book 👇 was released in 2011.

View attachment 70608

On a side note: The nerve or lunacy Moz has to slag the Queen & mark Margaret Thatcher's death with Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead in Belfast. He'd never win awards for diplomacy.

I've had this book on my radar (mentioned here in 2011), but I think the thrust of its contents were given as a talk by the author via FB.
Edit - FB won't embed here, will post as a download in a min or paste this minus the spaces:
w w w .facebook.com/londonirishcentre/videos/261324398565820/

Screenshot_20210406-184501~2.png

Whole thing as MP4:
FWD.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom