Strange/unexpected Moz references?

(@Central...)

Bland, random article that focuses on fashion, calls The Smiths' style "plain, off-the-cuff and completely common" 🤨 and picks a knitted polo shirt as the only Morrissey attire worth copying...?

The quoted interview originally appeared in an issue of Hot Press (May 1984), which had Morrissey wearing one of the most extraordinary and fabulous blouses of his Smiths days on the cover...

Compare & contrast, that waste of digital space written by a fearful Faye, with a fashion critique written by someone who actually loved the band ~ https://www.gq.com/story/the-smiths-style-inspiration

* Wanna look as handy as Andy in this "1980 photo shoot" (sic)? Then why not drop $900 on a cool leather jacket, as you sit in your loft space and put on your original "Meat is Murder" vinyl for the 5th time in a row... :sick:

The finest Big Girl's Blouse known to Man...

Smiths Hot Press 1984.jpg

A rare early colour photograph session with Anton Corbijn, Morrissey's first with him. Shot in Liverpool.​

Last edited:
Compare & contrast, that waste of digital space written by a fearful Faye, with a fashion critique written by someone who actually loved the band ~ https://www.gq.com/story/the-smiths-style-inspiration

* Wanna look as handy as Andy in this "1980 photo shoot" (sic)? Then why not drop $900 on a cool leather jacket, as you sit in your loft space and put on your original "Meat is Murder" vinyl for the 5th time in a row... :sick:

The finest Big Girl's Blouse known to Man...

View attachment 70167

A rare early colour photograph session with Anton Corbijn, Morrissey's first with him. Shot in Liverpool.​

Speaking of references to big girl's blouses. I think Ashley Heath should win an award for least subtle indirect question about Morrissey's sexuality.

20210328_051850.jpg

Speaking of references to big girl's blouses. I think Ashley Heath should win an award for least subtle indirect question about Morrissey's sexuality.

View attachment 70172

"Women under 30"

Wasn't he 45 at the time...?

Do you think a woman of the same age would ever be asked such a question?

Stuart Clark phrased it better in 2014 and got a decent answer

Screenshot_20210328-140443_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
"Women under 30"

Wasn't he 45 at the time...?

Do you think a woman of the same age would ever be asked such a question?

I remember reading that interview and I am only noticing now she asked for "icons" "under 30." I remembered it as her asking if he found women attractive and someone laughing, swallowing chlorine and drowning. :D (Hopefully it wasn't Tina D. but just some old unimportant female tourist.)

Morrissey couldn't think of an answer then but today he could answer "Miley Cyrus the Goddess" without batting an eyelid. Unless that's a sad dude's answer. As I suspect it is.

Hold on, how old is that goddess exactly? 28. Getting on a bit for a goddess isn't she. I wonder if the people in charge of MC could find a picture of a "twerking 14 year old goddess in the Smiths tee".
Without resorting to their peado contacts I mean.

(No Sam... it's not a challenge. You'll know when I post a challenge.)

LOL. It's just...The Blokes.

Stalinism is such fun!

I used to say that there's nothing that could spoil The Smiths for me.

Suppose I have to reconsider.

Some selected highlights from the mythical (though unfortunately almost unwatchable) pixel pulp that is the Sheffield backstage footage.

Never fails to fill my heart with joy 💕

Bland, random article that focuses on fashion, calls The Smiths' style "plain, off-the-cuff and completely common" 🤨 and picks a knitted polo shirt as the only Morrissey attire worth copying...?

The quoted interview originally appeared in an issue of Hot Press (May 1984), which had Morrissey wearing one of the most extraordinary and fabulous blouses of his Smiths days on the cover...

Here are some other shots of that Smiths... sorry, Morrissey...session from Master Corbijn, from January 1984 ~

https://www.gettyimages.ch/detail/n...otographed-for-self-nachrichtenfoto/517032724

Morrissey January 23rd 1984 Liverpool.jpg

Almost ten years to the day later, Corbijn shot him at Moz Casa, Camden ~

Morrissey January 17th 1994 London Anton Corbijn.jpg

I think most Japanese versions are worth owning.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom