Strange/unexpected Moz references?

"Hello. We are The Smiths. We are not 'Smiths'. We are THE Smiths."

I could watch that video all day. Pre-fame, pre-record deal, pre-everything and all the 'ingredients' are there, he's already cast Steven aside, he's already the full package. I wish he had kept these lines: "You led me through blinding fire / And wrestled with surf and sand / I'm saved, I'm saved, you took my hand." That bashful glance at Johnny at 7.58 is beautiful.

Last edited:
Dorian Cox (of Long Blondes fame)

The site I like on YT that unearths various musical oddities posted The Smiths @ Derby '83 today.
Disappointed with the quality, but when comparing with other videos, was reminded of this version which is hands down the best and posted simply because it's great:

FWD.

I could watch that video all day. Pre-fame, pre-record deal, pre-everything and all the 'ingredients' are there, he's already cast Steven aside, he's already the full package. I wish he had kept these lines: "You led me through blinding fire / And wrestled with surf and sand / I'm saved, I'm saved, you took my hand." That bashful glance at Johnny at 7.58 is beautiful.
It brought a tear to my eye. 😢

Dorian Cox (of Long Blondes fame)

Lovely. Their song, "Once and Never Again" sounds like four or five Smiths songs smashed into one. Guitar from Charming Man, parts of the drums from Sheila Take a Bow, snippets of Still Ill - love it.

Lovely. Their song, "Once and Never Again" sounds like four or five Smiths songs smashed into one. Guitar from Charming Man, parts of the drums from Sheila Take a Bow, snippets of Still Ill - love it.
I'm a big Long Blondes fan. Someone To Drive You Home is an album I still put on regularly. Dorian was obviously very inspired by both M&M.

Somebody wasn't impressed I guess.

Last edited:
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom