Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I'm reading a true crime ebook, and just read this:

"On the afternoon of June 2, 1991, Steve won two free tickets to see the singer Morrissey later that evening. The concert was being held at The Forum, a venue in Inglewood, nearly an hour north in Los Angeles county. Unfortunately Steve had to work that night, so he suggested Denise and his friend Rob Calvert go together. Denise was also good friends with Rob, so the two agreed to go to the concert together.

After the concert, Denise and Rob decided to stop for a drink at the El Paso Cantina in Long Beach. Once there, they called Steve and invited him to meet them, but he declined. He had just gotten off work and was trying to save money. While having late-night drinks, Denise and Rob ran into an acquaintance of Denise’s named Ross. Denise knew that Ross had had a crush on her for years. Ross asked Denise if he could speak to her privately outside. When Denise returned, she explained to Rob that Ross had asked her out and she’d turned him down.

Rob and Denise stayed at El Paso Cantina until they closed after 1:00 A.M., then drove toward home. Denise dropped Rob off at his home in Huntington Beach just after 2:00 A.M. and continued her drive. The drive from Huntington Beach to Denise’s home in the East Bluff neighborhood of Newport Beach ran along Highway 1, the Pacific Coast Highway. However, when her parents awoke the next morning, they realized that Denise never made it home that night."

I haven't read what happened to Denise yet. The book is called True Crime Case Histories - volume 5, by Jason Neal.
Mentioned by Morrissey in Autobiography as well:

"The night clouds as television news announce the disappearance of 23-year-old Denise Anette Huber, who had left her Newport Beach home on June 2nd 1991, by herself, to ‘attend Morrissey at the Los Angeles Forum’. Denise was never seen again, and a plea for information ran over and over and over on the California nightly news for several years until her nude body was found in 1994 in a freezer in Arizona. Reports were certain that, on driving home from the concert, Denise had stopped to assist someone in trouble, and had herself been bludgeoned to death in response to her act of kindness."

Mentioned by Morrissey in Autobiography as well:

"The night clouds as television news announce the disappearance of 23-year-old Denise Anette Huber, who had left her Newport Beach home on June 2nd 1991, by herself, to ‘attend Morrissey at the Los Angeles Forum’. Denise was never seen again, and a plea for information ran over and over and over on the California nightly news for several years until her nude body was found in 1994 in a freezer in Arizona. Reports were certain that, on driving home from the concert, Denise had stopped to assist someone in trouble, and had herself been bludgeoned to death in response to her act of kindness."
Oh yes, I remember reading this now.

"Strangeways the Buzzcocks were already there"

Ian Hodgson posted them individually a little earlier ~

Morrissey postcard to Ian Hodgson {i} 3rd of January 1992.jpg
Morrissey postcard to Ian Hodgson {ii} 3rd of January 1992.jpg
Morrissey postcard to Ian Hodgson {iii} 3rd of January 1992.jpg

Choice of postcard kinda confirms, to me, the notion that M.'s interest in skins was more erotic than agit.

But í'm sure people will put the boot in anyroad in 3..2..1...

Choice of postcard kinda confirms, to me, the notion that M.'s interest in skins was more erotic than agit.

He wanted them in nail varnish... 😉 clearly a political statement.

Last edited:
If he was a filmmaker or playwright no one would think twice about it.

Yeah, I think his interest is erotic.

Indeed. Nick Knight is currently one of the Top 5 fashion photographers in the world, and í don't recall him getting any grief over it, or accusing him of being a fascist? Beauty can be found everywhere.

Indeed. Nick Knight is currently one of the Top 5 fashion photographers in the world, and í don't recall him getting any grief over it, or accusing him of being a fascist? Beauty can be found everywhere.

It's all rooted in the same romantic ideas...

"...the original idea of skinheads was just about clothes and music. And in England it still is to a pretty great extent. Style and everything it involves for me have their roots in the British working class. That’s where all culture I appreciate passes on and in some degree is updated. The British working class and its youth cultures are never vulgar or excessive. Whereas the middle class never has created a bit."

£3 tie and a rosary...
Sandie in a hyper dress 💕

Random TikTok post:
"Smiths fan invited on stage nails 'This Charming Man'"

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom