Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Yes I can love the art and the artist, but this Radio 4 ‘comedy’ I can not.

f*** Radio 4.

You can love the art and love the artist.

Despite what they've said.

Morrissey is not Gary f***ing Glitter.

What you cannot do, is throw away the history when some artist f***s himself via his/her own verbiage during interviews and posts on their own f***ing website.

:(

call an ambulance, 👉:guardsman:👈
just read moz made 58 million last year and got 🤢
with envy the poor broke twerp;)

Apologies if somebody has posted this before.

Haven't listened, don't care, í can guess, and í have better things to do with my weekend {like breathing} but assuming it's pretty harsh {litigiously so?}

Here is a Jeremy the Academic review ~ "Not a foot is put wrong here...And believe me, if it had been, I would know...This is the correct line on Morrissey and The Smiths, from which no deviation should now be tolerated." So good to know...

Take Care

Last edited:
Apologies if somebody has posted this before.

Haven't listened, don't care, í can guess, and í have better things to do with my weekend {like breathing} but assuming it's pretty harsh {litigiously so?}

Here is a Jeremy the Academic review ~ "Not a foot is put wrong here...And believe me, if it had been, I would know...This is the correct line on Morrissey and The Smiths, from which no deviation should now be tolerated." So good to know...

Take Care

He's wrong & he's an idiot.

20201017_122726.jpg

All the Morrissey mentions in this excellent new biography:

A spoof feature on ‘The Remarkable Home Life of Victoria Wood as told in her own words exclusively to Ooh! Hello’s Deborah Klepper’ was a merciless attack on celebrities who do Faustian deals with lickspittle glossies. ‘Earlier this year,’ it chirruped, ‘Victoria’s trip to Ethiopia to poke gentle fun at starving people had made a very nice feature in “Ooh Hello!”.’ Pictures of Ethiopian children appeared alongside snaps of Priory Road, the ASDA shoot and Victoria with Dolly Parton, ‘who flew over specially to advise her on diet and rib-removal’. The contents page offered more next week – ‘Celia Imrie ex Bergerac star shares her cocoa-dependency problem … Linda Lusardi shows us her doorknobs … Morrissey. We share the secrets of his tumble-dryer.’

The strain of performing night after night with barely any respite for months on end took its toll – even if, as one journalist noted, Victoria was earning enough to buy a bungalow each week. ‘The Strand is knackering me,’ she confided. She was so exhausted that she declined when Morrissey, a devoted fan who had adapted the lyrics of ‘Fourteen Again’ in a song by the Smiths, asked her out for tea.

It was on the next foreign leg of the trip – after outings to Woburn Abbey and Blackpool – that the director pulled off the programme’s greatest coup. John Moulson knew that Morrissey was a fan of both tea and Victoria Wood so proposed they meet on camera. Victoria was vaguely aware that ‘Rushholme Ruffians’ from the Smiths’ 1985 album Meat Is Murder contained a lyrical homage to ‘Fourteen Again’. Morrissey had attempted to have tea with her in 1990 when she was at the Strand Theatre, but she had been too tired and said no. Now he was pinned down to New York. At the prompting of Piers Wenger, Victoria emailed Peter Bowker to ask for a Morrissey tutorial and received a playlist by return: ‘I guess the fact that he’s agreed to do the interview must mean he’s reasonably well disposed towards me. I can imagine him refusing to disclose where he stands on loose leaf versus teabags though.’ The night before the interview she and her director went to see him perform at Terminal 5, where in the middle of a song, the music stopped, the venue sank into darkness and Morrissey sonorously intoned the bleak finale of ‘Northerners’:

Cobbles in the morning mist,

Park Drive,

Dead at forty-five

From a backstreet abortionist.

‘He’s doing one of my songs!’ Victoria hollered. Afterwards they went backstage, where Morrissey shyly presented her with a mixtape full of Patti Smith, Nico and other singers she had barely heard of. ‘They really seemed to hit it off,’ says John Moulson. ‘They chatted for about forty minutes about Coronation Street, Jimmy Clitheroe, Alan Bennett. It was quite touching and very funny. He was teasing her. She showed him a picture of something we’d shot in China. “Ooh, someone’s been on their travels.”’ In the interview itself Victoria presented him with a black-and-white tea cosy made by Norah Wellbelove. Back in London she soon met him for a drink with Chrissie Hynde. ‘Any tips on her?’ she asked Peter Bowker. ‘I wouldn’t try and compete on the eye liner front,’ he advised.

Aside from Morrissey, the highlight for Victoria was going to York to make tea in a NAAFI van for Second World War veterans, who were as thrilled to meet her. The same day she went to Preston to do I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue.

At short notice she stepped in to host another opening night at the London Jazz Festival and had a fun evening out at a Russell Brand gig in Hammersmith Apollo, where after the show she ran into Morrissey in hospitality: ‘Morrissey insisted on getting in my car and I had to drive him to Claridge’s and then apparently (Lucy was watching from upstairs window) Russell ran after the car begging us to stop but we never heard him … celebs eh!’

Message me for the 📖,
Regards,
FWD.

View attachment 60115

All the Morrissey mentions in this excellent new biography:

A spoof feature on ‘The Remarkable Home Life of Victoria Wood as told in her own words exclusively to Ooh! Hello’s Deborah Klepper’ was a merciless attack on celebrities who do Faustian deals with lickspittle glossies. ‘Earlier this year,’ it chirruped, ‘Victoria’s trip to Ethiopia to poke gentle fun at starving people had made a very nice feature in “Ooh Hello!”.’ Pictures of Ethiopian children appeared alongside snaps of Priory Road, the ASDA shoot and Victoria with Dolly Parton, ‘who flew over specially to advise her on diet and rib-removal’. The contents page offered more next week – ‘Celia Imrie ex Bergerac star shares her cocoa-dependency problem … Linda Lusardi shows us her doorknobs … Morrissey. We share the secrets of his tumble-dryer.’

The strain of performing night after night with barely any respite for months on end took its toll – even if, as one journalist noted, Victoria was earning enough to buy a bungalow each week. ‘The Strand is knackering me,’ she confided.14 She was so exhausted that she declined when Morrissey, a devoted fan who had adapted the lyrics of ‘Fourteen Again’ in a song by the Smiths, asked her out for tea.

It was on the next foreign leg of the trip – after outings to Woburn Abbey and Blackpool – that the director pulled off the programme’s greatest coup. John Moulson knew that Morrissey was a fan of both tea and Victoria Wood so proposed they meet on camera. Victoria was vaguely aware that ‘Rushholme Ruffians’ from the Smiths’ 1985 album Meat Is Murder contained a lyrical homage to ‘Fourteen Again’. Morrissey had attempted to have tea with her in 1990 when she was at the Strand Theatre, but she had been too tired and said no. Now he was pinned down to New York. At the prompting of Piers Wenger, Victoria emailed Peter Bowker to ask for a Morrissey tutorial and received a playlist by return: ‘I guess the fact that he’s agreed to do the interview must mean he’s reasonably well disposed towards me. I can imagine him refusing to disclose where he stands on loose leaf versus teabags though.’16 The night before the interview she and her director went to see him perform at Terminal 5, where in the middle of a song, the music stopped, the venue sank into darkness and Morrissey sonorously intoned the bleak finale of ‘Northerners’:

Cobbles in the morning mist,

Park Drive,

Dead at forty-five

From a backstreet abortionist.

‘He’s doing one of my songs!’ Victoria hollered. Afterwards they went backstage, where Morrissey shyly presented her with a mixtape full of Patti Smith, Nico and other singers she had barely heard of. ‘They really seemed to hit it off,’ says John Moulson. ‘They chatted for about forty minutes about Coronation Street, Jimmy Clitheroe, Alan Bennett. It was quite touching and very funny. He was teasing her. She showed him a picture of something we’d shot in China. “Ooh, someone’s been on their travels.”’ In the interview itself Victoria presented him with a black-and-white tea cosy made by Norah Wellbelove. Back in London she soon met him for a drink with Chrissie Hynde. ‘Any tips on her?’ she asked Peter Bowker.17 ‘I wouldn’t try and compete on the eye liner front,’ he advised.18

Aside from Morrissey, the highlight for Victoria was going to York to make tea in a NAAFI van for Second World War veterans, who were as thrilled to meet her. The same day she went to Preston to do I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue.

At short notice she stepped in to host another opening night at the London Jazz Festival and had a fun evening out at a Russell Brand gig in Hammersmith Apollo, where after the show she ran into Morrissey in hospitality: ‘Morrissey insisted on getting in my car and I had to drive him to Claridge’s and then apparently (Lucy was watching from upstairs window) Russell ran after the car begging us to stop but we never heard him … celebs eh!’

Message me for the 📖,
Regards,
FWD.

Good stuff, thanks for posting! :thumb:

Enjoyed the fact that he felt it was important enough to give her a mixtape of artists she never heard of.

Think it was his (strange?) way of sharing his private world/mind with another artist he admires.

Any thoughts on this? anyone?

Good stuff, thanks for posting! :thumb:

Enjoyed the fact that he felt it was important enough to give her a mixtape of artists she never heard of.

Think it was his (strange?) way of sharing his private world/mind with another artist he admires.

Any thoughts on this? anyone?

Yes, I think that's what he's doing.

Also, I think making play/reading lists is often a sign of affection. A way of handing their heart over.

Luv me, Luv my lists... :hearteyes:

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom