Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I think he's adorable.

Is this postcard real?

View attachment 58577
Yes, written after The Smiths played their first ever concert in the states at the Danceteria in New York, New Year's Eve 1983.

Here's another one describing the same incident, addressed to one ... Dave Haslam ... 😏

0fe9f9e931691e86a3b295e3d97e4278.jpg

He really fell off the stage but it's best hearing the story from Moz himself:

Last edited:
Yes, written after The Smiths' played their first ever concert in the states at the Danceteria in New York, New Year's Eve 1983.

Here's another one describing the same incident, addressed to one ... Dave Haslam ... 😏

View attachment 58578

He really fell of the stage but it's best hearing the story from Moz himself:

The wee soul.

My life's ambition is now to get Moz to send me a postcard.

Moving to New York, Despite the Pandemic
A retired nurse from Pennsylvania, she had wanted to move to Manhattan since she was a child. So when the coronavirus hit, she came anyway.

"As Ms. Lanzino unpacked, she discovered, to her surprise, that the apartment had room for all of her belongings from the Harrisburg two-bedroom. Rather than trying to figure out what she would need in an apartment she had never seen in person, she had decided to bring everything and get rid of whatever didn’t work. But the apartment had enough space for even her cardboard Morrissey cutout."

(Nice photo of her apartment in the article that includes the cutout.)

A retired nurse from Pennsylvania, she had wanted to move to Manhattan since she was a child. So when the coronavirus hit, she came anyway.

"As Ms. Lanzino unpacked, she discovered, to her surprise, that the apartment had room for all of her belongings from the Harrisburg two-bedroom. Rather than trying to figure out what she would need in an apartment she had never seen in person, she had decided to bring everything and get rid of whatever didn’t work. But the apartment had enough space for even her cardboard Morrissey cutout."

Good for her! I'm moving to LA !

Glad Jaime is doing better now.

í love that notion of a memory palace.

The Boxers Winter '95 tour would be in mine too. From the Barrowlands to Drury Lane, all human life was there. And that first play of "Shoplifters of the World Unite" would be in the ten-inch-titanium-gilded safe, hidden in the priest hole, behind the Gainsborough Jake portrait, in my Palace...

It’s a memory technique.

Looks real.

Must have been when he fell off the stage at a Smiths NYC show. Posted from NYC, probably on off time when they had to cancel shows because Mike got mumps or whatever it was.

But, who’s Jaydee ?
And why did he sign the card with his first name? Probably someone he knew before joining The Smiths?

Yes, written after The Smiths played their first ever concert in the states at the Danceteria in New York, New Year's Eve 1983.

View attachment 58578

He really fell off the stage but it's best hearing the story from Moz himself:

“... and I haven’t looked back since, or forwards”

:lbf::love:

didn’t know he knew Dave back then, we hate it when our friends become....

I was kind of hoping there was a picture of the naked Morrissey cardboard cutout in the NY Times...

Very indirect, but nevertheless:

FWD.

I was watching the AppleTV show "Defending Jacob" and one of the characters is a 13-14 year old girl playing the guitar in her bedroom and she has a Meat Is Murder poster on the wall. I was impressed/shocked that someone on the show's set design team would have a character that young in 2020 be into the Smiths!

Attachments

• Defending Jacob Sarah.jpg
    Defending Jacob Sarah.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0
í think í may need this shirt soon...

Morrissey T shirt K-pop kid.jpg

But lose the shade of eyeshadow. With waistline included?

í think í may need this shirt soon...

View attachment 58616

But lose the shade of eyeshadow. With waistline included?

The colour looks great on him though. Enviable. If I put anything even remotely reddish near my eyes I look like I was beat up by a sweet and tender hooligan.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom