Strange/unexpected Moz references?

1.4_Sleep, Dreams to Dust (Feat.Brandon Robbins). the origin of this song is in france, while recording Morrissey’s World Peace is None of Your Business album, where i discovered a brilliant young band by the name of The Moth & The Flame. little did i know a few months later i would be back in chicago, working with TM&TF’s lead singer Brandon Robbins on the single MMDDYYYY.
This song clip is of one four alternate versions i later released on the ep DDMMYYYY Variations. hear the full song here:

(Matt Walker's side project FB re: Brandon Robbins).
Regards,
FWD.

This is probably about as tenuous a Morrissey link as it's possible to find but Carrie Symonds, inamorata of Our Beloved Prime Minister (Whom God Preserve) has just uttered the following in a press release about the naming of their new brat:
Thank you so, so much to the incredible NHS maternity team at UCLH that looked after us so well. I couldn’t be happier. My heart is full.
It's a shame they didn't name it Dallow, Spicer, Pinkie, or Cubitt.

Via SER's Twitter - a request for crowd funding:

Links to:

We want to raise what we would have raised behind the bar at the Star and Garter had the Mozarmy Meet 2020 gone ahead.
Funds raised will go directly to The Star and Garter to support the venue and kind staff during this difficult time. Please give the average beer money you would have spent behind the bar had the Mozarmy gone ahead. We are sad not to be together this year but can unite to support a venue we love.

Not really an event, nor Morrissey related fully - so placed here.
Regards,
FWD.

A bit tenuous, but a cover star nonetheless:

FWD.

20200505_190608.jpg

Make of that what you will!
FWD.

Whaaaaaat! He can't leave it like that! Did they speak? Was it awkward? What were they each buying? Did they observe social distancing? We need to know all of it. Do you have any intel on this, FWD?
No context or further details I'm afraid.
If they are both in the same area, then that's probably a sign that Moz & Boz will be at the mercy of UK/Irish travel restrictions and it may have some influence on gigs happening.
No information from SER's personal FB though - sorry.
Regards,
FWD.

‘I do feel bad about him but I just haven’t cancelled him yet’ ?

Poor sod, he'd launched into his Morrissey anecdote, remembered that we live in a hellscape in which someone will accuse him of being a racist who supports the Far Right because he mentioned Morrissey in an anecdote & then had to make a split second decision about how to deal with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 56294

Make of that what you will!
FWD.

I reckon why do you post this garbage when you know this is not one of the California Son's Junior official social medial accounts? You post enough stuff from his official accounts, so you should know which ones are fakes. The California Son and the California Son Junior are both home in LA and will ALWAYS be home in LA. Stop living these delusional anti-American fantasies when your American Idol is as American as basketball and apple pie. Stop equating music with nationalism. The dude is 60 years old. Just enjoy his music if you like innn nn nnnn nnn nn n nnn n it.

Morr American Idol.jpg

Last edited:
To mark Bono's 60th birthday to-morrow the "Irish Times" paid Fintan O'Toole to knock out a piece on why Irish people hate Bono, Etc.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...mbivalent-about-its-most-famous-son-1.4244508

Half-way through his analysis he commandeers another fine Irish frontman's words to make some kind of point, about something...

"So it is not mere preposterousness that evokes hostility. Perhaps the key to understanding the strange ambivalence about Bono lies in a lyric by another brilliant frontman who, unlike Bono, has aged into a twisted malignity. Morrissey sang: “Fame, fame, fatal fame/ It can play hideous tricks on the brain/ But still I’d rather be famous/ Than righteous or holy/ Any day, any day, any day.” The tricks fame has played on Bono are obvious, but nowhere near as hideous as Morrissey’s descent into far-right malevolence. His sin, rather, is to try to be both famous and “righteous or holy”. This generates, especially in his native country, a profound discomfort."

Fintan needs a dictionary.

To mark Bono's 60th birthday to-morrow the "Irish Times" paid Fintan O'Toole to knock out a piece on why Irish people hate Bono, Etc.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...mbivalent-about-its-most-famous-son-1.4244508

Half-way through his analysis he commandeers another fine Irish frontman's words to make some kind of point, about something...

"So it is not mere preposterousness that evokes hostility. Perhaps the key to understanding the strange ambivalence about Bono lies in a lyric by another brilliant frontman who, unlike Bono, has aged into a twisted malignity. Morrissey sang: “Fame, fame, fatal fame/ It can play hideous tricks on the brain/ But still I’d rather be famous/ Than righteous or holy/ Any day, any day, any day.” The tricks fame has played on Bono are obvious, but nowhere near as hideous as Morrissey’s descent into far-right malevolence. His sin, rather, is to try to be both famous and “righteous or holy”. This generates, especially in his native country, a profound discomfort."

Fintan needs a dictionary.

That's hilarious.

Moz's last gig was hardly the Nuremberg Rally. Hacks should get out the house more.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom