Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Barry Manilow ‘fighting horribly’ with hubby manager amid Broadway flop
Could it be tragic?

Page Six has learned that legendary crooner Barry Manilow and his husband/manager Garry Kief are “fighting horribly” because Manilow’s Broadway run has gone awry.

We’re told that the trouble began because Manilow wanted the run to be very short — similar to Morrissey’s 10-day blitz at the Lunt-Fontanne in May, which reportedly made $1.9 million — perhaps even just a week long.

But we’re told Kief — who married the “Could It Be Magic” crooner in 2014 after 39 years together — pushed to do a months-long residency similar to Bruce Springsteen’s stretch from last October to December.

In the end, they split the difference and did the three-week run, also at the Lunt-Fontanne.

But The Post has reported it’s struggling to sell tickets and the “Copacabana” star is facing an “ocean of empty seats.”

The Post’s Richard Morgan wrote in July that while opening night at a Saturday show early in the run were nearly sold out, “about half the seats for the next three weeks … are still empty.”

“If he weren’t his husband, Barry would have fired Garry by now,” said a backstage source.

Sources say that the “disaster” has come between them personally, and since they arrived in New York for the stand, Bazza and Gazza have been “fighting almost daily,” including some backstage blow-ups at the Lunt-Fontanne.

Making matters worse, we’re told that because of their various business arrangements, Manilow could end up losing money on this run, while his husband could end up making bank on it.

That’s because, we’re told, Kief takes a salary as an executive producer, while Manilow gets the gate but is on the hook for the cost of the production.

Said a source, “It’s terrible. Barry’s up there at 76 years of age, and Garry’s sitting in the back of the theater eating bonbons.”

Kief and a rep for Manilow didn’t respond to repeated requests for comment.

This is just solid solid reporting, I'm reading this with the voice of Gary Bushell in my head.

"GIVEAWAY

MORRISSEY
Hollywood Bowl Concert Promo Poster
We will doing a giveaway for this Moz Concert Poster soon
Details coming soon........"

Regards,
FWD.

Regards,
FWD.

Competition:

And winner:

They are really making use of the Moz link:

Regards,
FWD.

full

From Shoplifterromo: “I Know It’s Over” lyrics at Walmart shootings makeshift memorial in El Paso, Texas. A month ago, a racist coward drove 9 hours across Texas to murder 22 innocent souls. “Please keep (El Paso) in mind.”

A brief mention of Morrissey in the light of BMG now handling choices for the UK Eurovision entries instead of the public voting. It manages to shoehorn Brexit and recent issues in for good measure.

Why Morrissey should be Brexit Britain’s Eurovision entry – Martyn McLaughlin

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opini...-eurovision-entry-martyn-mclaughlin-1-5006081

Regards,
FWD.

Hilarious. The spiteful old bastard took his bat and ball home the last time.

full

From Shoplifterromo: “I Know It’s Over” lyrics at Walmart shootings makeshift memorial in El Paso, Texas. A month ago, a racist coward drove 9 hours across Texas to murder 22 innocent souls. “Please keep (El Paso) in mind.”
I urge everyone to listen to and read the statements of the witnesses that describe a whole different scenario than the official one.
Media is never gentle or kind.

"In honor of Morrissey's show at the Mission Ballroom on Thursday, September 26 (assuming it happens and he doesn't cancel like he often does), we reached out to Novick via email to learn more about why the Pinchers chose to pick on the Smiths singer, how Moz has changed over the years, and Novick's recent stab at the president, "Donald Trump Rides a Cockhorse."

0b8a3924.jpg

Decades After "Morrissey Rides a Cockhorse," Moz Is "Way Worse"

"Two years after forming in Boulder in 1987, the Warlock Pinchers released "Morrissey Rides a Cockhorse," a tirade against the former frontman of The Smiths.

In the song, singers Dan Wanush (King Scratchie) and Andrew Novick (KC KSum) didn't pull any punches in their hatred of Moz, as they sang: "That crybaby son of bitch, no-talent motherf***er/Bastard-ass dickhead, ball-flapping dicksucker/Baggy-shirted depressed Dean-loving bonehead/Making lots of money with boring songs like 'Suedehead.'"

You get the idea."

https://www.westword.com/music/andr...chers-on-morrissey-rides-a-cockhorse-11490827

Tenuous link to tonight's gig via a song from decades ago by a local band.
Regards,
FWD.

Released on the 22 (USA) & 28 (UK) September, 1987.

Regards,
FWD.

Actor/writer Michael Imperioli thanks “Steven P. Morrissey” in the acknowledgments section of his 2018 novel, The Perfume Burned His Eyes.

Last edited:

the results do not necessarily resemble mine, but i like that he does have an approach for interpretation.
plus, the artist and the narrative/lyrical voice are not always, or most likely, almost never the same "person".

Comment on the post:

20191017_173845.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

the finale of tonight’s episode featured pretty much all of The Smiths’ ‘How Soon is Now?’ Pretty cool.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom