Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Britt Haraway, Tim Regan join forces on musical literary event

"....More than 20 years after they first met, Haraway and Regan are teaming up again this week for a unique reading of selections from Haraway’s debut book of short stories, "Early Men," published this summer by Lamar University Press. The reading Thursday at Bar DKDC, itself a unique venue for a literary event, will feature Haraway, an assistant professor at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley and fiction editor of the school’s arts journal, reading selections from his work interspersed with songs performed by Regan....Some of the songs Regan will perform Thursday are expressly suggested by the text, such as Morrissey’s “Now My Heart Is Full,” which figures prominently in the story “Lottie’s Dressing.” ...“I don’t think, as far as my own experience, that literature and music are very separate,” says Haraway. “I know from my own experience with the characters maybe you learn a little bit more about them by actually listening to, say, a Morrissey song, and maybe you understand a little bit more about why I chose that reference.”
I go to his university. I should go say hi.

first day of the world snooker championship and Scottish player Anthony mcgills walk on music is this charming man,hes been doing this for a few years now,good lad and a fellow scot.

Some woman on Coronation Street singing along to HKIMN..

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour
but heaven knows I'm missing him now.

Spoiler alert:
It's a give away story line.
She's pregnant.
Oh Coronation Street, so much to answer for!

Last edited:
Not sure if this counts as strange or unexpected - but at the 2017 Pop Conference in Seattle Washington this week, there is a talk on Friday, April 21, by Annie Zaleski entitled “November Spawned a Monster: Why Morrissey's Tangible Acknowledgment of Disability Culture Remains so Radical." There's more information about the talk on the conference website if you search under her name.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom