Strange/unexpected Moz references?

An article in LA TImes about a Beverly Hills Tennis Club allowing hard-up ghetto kids to use their courts.

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-beverlyhills-tennis-20131021,0,5729297.story#axzz2iNXkKbos

BBC 6 Music Steve Lamacq show, they are talking about writing a perfect pop song this week.

Today's guest Billy Bragg who was praising Back to the Old House which was one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

You can listen again from iPlayer later (Billy's slot starts 01:35:00).

I don't know if it was posted or if anyone noticed, but Lorde (aka Ella Yelich-O'Connor), the 16 yo singer from New-Zealand who had a #1 single in the US (or someting like that) has a song on her album entitled 'Still Sane', and The Smiths are listed as an influence in her official bio.

A popular club on Call Lane, Leeds posted this after the weekend.

Lost it, that's a very good effort :thumb::D

moz bank note.jpg

Last night on "The Colbert Report" Steven Colbert had some choice words for Morrissey (who made an appearance earlier this year). Colbert took a moment at the very end of the show to welcome a staff member's new baby (named Harrison). He said in closing:"Hopefully Harrison will be less demanding and easier to accommodate than Morrissey was." An image of Morrissey then appeared next to the new baby.

Apparently Morrissey did not make a very good impression. For anyone who cares: http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/wed-november-6-2013-brian-lehrer

Love, love, love this guy. :cool: Check out his music if you haven't.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the replay of the Rugby League semi-final between England and New Zealand (from Wembley, where New Zealand won with the last kick of the game, much like the union game today vs. Ireland), the incidental music on the BBC show was Boxers ("Losing in front of your home crowd...").

P.

I was watching Cold Case the other night and to my surprise during an eighty`s prom scene Suedehead was played in the background.

On tonight's episode of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, David Mitchell had to sing the words of Bigmouth Strikes Again to the tune of On The Street Where You Live.

P.

I set TV quiz questions as a part-time thing. I've had a few questions on BBC's Only Connect, but tonight they used my music question where each piece of music refers to a rank of clergy, and so I got Vicar In A Tutu on one of the UK's most popular quiz shows. Ha!

VM4phxw.jpg

P.

I set TV quiz questions as a part-time thing. I've had a few questions on BBC's Only Connect, but tonight they used my music question where each piece of music refers to a rank of clergy, and so I got Vicar In A Tutu on one of the UK's most popular quiz shows. Ha!

VM4phxw.jpg

P.

That's awesome!

(This is one of my favorite movies if you haven't already seen it:

MV5BMTc2NTU3MTY4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTc1NzkxMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
)

On the other one you posted about singing Bigmouth to On the Street You Live, it's seems impossible to do on the spot. Did he do it?

Last edited:
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom