Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Re: Strange refs...

This is an old one but I love it, never fails to make me laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Q Magazine just published an excerpt from the updated edition of Mozipedia. It's about Morrissey's dietary quirks. Interesting read.
Mozipedia - The Encyclopedia Of Morrissey & The Smiths: exclusive extract
http://news.qthemusic.com/2012/09/mozipedia_-_the_encyclopedia_o.html

For all UK folks:
Q Magazine is also giving away 5 free copies of Mozipedia. You can enter by answering this trivia question at the link below:

http://www.greatcompetitions.co.uk/admin/comp_login.asp?id=5607&pg=qqq
In which song does Morrissey refer to the fizzy drink Tizer?

(Hint: It's "King Leer!")

Deadline to enter the contest is September 20, 2012.

Last edited:

The front page to yesterday's (10/09/2012) Independent newspaper, on the Paralympics closing ceremony (click to see full size picture, with the reference):

indie.png

8012113554_cea052a263_z.jpg

Got my hair cut last night at the Floyd's on Cahuenga, they have a wall of album art.

8012107949_f40ae5ccc4_z.jpg

Morrissey was above tool and next to Fall Out Boy. I noted the others I'm not familiar with but forgot by the time my haircut was done. (I hate getting haircuts. Stress induces forgetfulness!! :p)

8012108913_b47e708bf7_z.jpg

Meat is Murder was above U2 way up in the rafters. :thumb:

On ITV in Britain on Monday nights there's a series hosted by Paul O'Grady based at Battersea Dogs Home. On this week's episode there was an overweight huskie type dog (can't remember the exact breed) being put on a dog diet and an exercise programme... Obviously they soundtracked the scene with 'You're The One For Me Fatty', which was an amazingly appropriate choce considering the subject matter and location!

Jo Brand a female comedian has just been on this morning tv show in the U.K

The book she wrote about two brothers obsessed with Morrissey "the More You ignore Me"

well she has written a screenplay and is hoping itl get picked up soon.

She said she wants Morrissey to play the vicar in the book and that they met once and he called her "common" which was a compliment.

file-3.jpg

Gwen Stefani on her love of the Smiths and other 1980's bands.
From the September 2012 issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine (USA).

Last edited:
I went out to the movies with my Mom this evening- and over the theater loudspeakers, in the lobby, was playing "William, It Was Really Nothing!"

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom